PDA

View Full Version : Classify J Man

J Man
09-24-2013, 11:09 PM
I am a member of a few other Anthropology forums and on them there are sections where members can post photos of themselves and have others classify them or try and guess where they are from or where they can pass in the world. The old so called ''racial'' terminology is of course pretty much debunked now but it is still interesting I think anyways. Here are a few recent photos of myself below. Would anyone care to try and classify me or say in what part of the world I could pass as a native?

http://imageshack.us/a/img580/1357/cjmv.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img834/9356/uzkd.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img15/5706/x1ti.jpg

GailT
09-25-2013, 05:11 AM
I don't see the photos - did they upload correctly?

J Man
09-25-2013, 11:45 PM
Hmmm okay let me try again.

http://imageshack.us/a/img266/7449/rmzv.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img10/857/zgwf.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img837/7733/3e3o.jpg

MJost
09-26-2013, 12:31 AM
I can see them. Hey I didn't imagine you without hair!

MJost

J Man
09-26-2013, 12:44 AM
I can see them. Hey I didn't imagine you without hair!

MJost

Ya haha I shave my head! I like the way it feels. Easy to maintain too. :P

alan
09-26-2013, 01:29 AM
Serial Killer lol.

Nah You would not look extraordinary anywhere in Europe other than maybe up some Fjord. You have a long narrow skull, gently sloping rather than vertical forehead and a longish central face. Not high checkbones. I wouldnt put you down as any sort of northern or east Slavic type because they have squarer shorter faces. A lot of northern people have squarer faces contrary to stereotypes about long faces and nordics. You wouldnt look typically Irish as you you have strong angular features rather than the usual softer more blurred lines. For some reason I think you look French.

I wont post a picture of myself but apparently I am a bit like a rather less pretty version of Ewan McGregor in terms of face structure - shorter squarish face with cheekbones etc and what he would look like with a lot of beer and bad living.

GailT
09-26-2013, 03:11 AM
French was also my first thought. I don't know why, maybe only because of a vague resemblance to some French actor?

MJost
09-26-2013, 03:17 AM
Yea thats it, he looks like one of those French martial art's Savate style.... I seen in the Jean-Claude Van Damme movies.
MJost

Ian B
09-26-2013, 03:25 AM
Jman look to me like he could have origins in the Levant.

MikeWhalen
09-26-2013, 11:24 AM
my first thought was 'roman'---I guess meaning oldish italian..but I can see the french element, mostly due to the shnozz (nose)

M

GTC
09-26-2013, 12:28 PM
Looking at the front on shot, I'm reminded somewhat of an Armenian guy I once knew.

Jenny
09-26-2013, 12:37 PM
You're a great looking guy of course but I don't see an ounce of Finn. Do you look more like your mom or dad?

J Man
09-26-2013, 06:26 PM
Yea thats it, he looks like one of those French martial art's Savate style.... I seen in the Jean-Claude Van Damme movies.
MJost

Seeing all those Van Damme and Arnie movies when I was younger were what made me wanna work out initially! Took this one last week. Sorry I can't help myself lol!

http://imageshack.us/a/img13/6995/yyqe.jpg

MJost
09-26-2013, 09:57 PM
OMG what a set of guns you have. Nice tats too JMan.

MJost

J Man
09-27-2013, 12:28 AM
OMG what a set of guns you have. Nice tats too JMan.

MJost

Thanks buddy! :)....I have been lifting for almost 3 years now. I love it!

jeanL
09-27-2013, 07:41 PM
Thanks buddy! :)....I have been lifting for almost 3 years now. I love it!

How many times a week do you train? Also do you do any cardio? I'm trying to get cut now, so I'm doing cardio 3-4 times per week, I've dropped from 23% bodyfat to 20% in the last 3 months, I wanna drop to 15%, and then bulk up from there. So far it's taking some time to see any results though.

J Man
09-28-2013, 04:04 PM
How many times a week do you train? Also do you do any cardio? I'm trying to get cut now, so I'm doing cardio 3-4 times per week, I've dropped from 23% bodyfat to 20% in the last 3 months, I wanna drop to 15%, and then bulk up from there. So far it's taking some time to see any results though.

5 or 6. I usually try and make it 6 times a week. I do not do too much cardio really as I am still trying to bulk up more but I do walk to the gym every day so that is a bit right there I suppose. I am going to step it up though probably in the winter. Good for you man! Keep it up! One thing I do know is that it does take time but it is well worth it. I have fun working out! How long have you been training for?

jeanL
09-28-2013, 10:44 PM
5 or 6. I usually try and make it 6 times a week. I do not do too much cardio really as I am still trying to bulk up more but I do walk to the gym every day so that is a bit right there I suppose. I am going to step it up though probably in the winter. Good for you man! Keep it up! One thing I do know is that it does take time but it is well worth it. I have fun working out! How long have you been training for?

I've been working out on and off for years, but I hadn't worked out since I had gallbladder surgery in 01-2011. So I started back in March 2013 mostly at home(push-ups, pull-ups, light weight curls with my backpack:P), then in July 2013 I started hitting the gym Monday-Friday, so I'll say intensively I've been training for 2 1/2 months now. In that time I have gone from 151 lbs, to 161 lbs(I'm 180 cm or 5 feet 11 inches), while going from ~21-23% body fat, down to 17-18% body fat as measured per yesterday. The one thing I notice though, is that I'm always hungry.:) I wanna get rid of the "love handles"(right now I'm doing lots of Cardio/HIIT, and eating relatively low carbs(i.e. about 150-200 gram per day)), before I start bulking up. :D

J Man
09-29-2013, 03:48 PM
I've been working out on and off for years, but I hadn't worked out since I had gallbladder surgery in 01-2011. So I started back in March 2013 mostly at home(push-ups, pull-ups, light weight curls with my backpack:P), then in July 2013 I started hitting the gym Monday-Friday, so I'll say intensively I've been training for 2 1/2 months now. In that time I have gone from 151 lbs, to 161 lbs(I'm 180 cm or 5 feet 11 inches), while going from ~21-23% body fat, down to 17-18% body fat as measured per yesterday. The one thing I notice though, is that I'm always hungry.:) I wanna get rid of the "love handles"(right now I'm doing lots of Cardio/HIIT, and eating relatively low carbs(i.e. about 150-200 gram per day)), before I start bulking up. :D

Sounds like you have are some good progress which is great! :D What it your goal body fat % wise? To get down to 10% or below? Yes love handles are annoying I know bro lol! I hear ya on the hunger part. I am always hungry myself! I love to eat!

jeanL
09-29-2013, 06:33 PM
Sounds like you have are some good progress which is great! :D What it your goal body fat % wise? To get down to 10% or below? Yes love handles are annoying I know bro lol! I hear ya on the hunger part. I am always hungry myself! I love to eat!

Nah, I'm probably shooting for 13-15%, then from there Ima try to bulk up. My main goal isn't the body fat, as it is to burn out the love handles, and get my abs to show before I fully concentrate in bulking up. Though, in the meantime even while focusing on cutting fat, I've noticed that I'm gaining weight, which likely means that I've put on muscle mass. BTW, have you ever tried Taurine? Right now the only things that I take is Whey Protein(Designer's Whey), Vitamin D 1000 IU in the morning because Doc says I was kind of low on it, Magnesium Citrate 200 mg for muscle issues(though my cervical neck cramps/headaches still mess me up), Echinacea and 125 mg Vitamin C for the immune system. I tried taking 1 g of Taurine for about 50 days, the one thing I noticed was that it increased my endurance, and lowered my blood pressure a lot. There is a new study that shows it increases Testosterone dramatically in rats at least, so I think Im gonna back on it, specially since it has anti-anxiety properties, and I suffer from OCD, so it's suppose to be a good thing. It says that the reason it increases T, is because it helps with the fat metabolism, i.e. helps you burn more fat, and also convert cholesterol into T faster.

J Man
09-30-2013, 09:39 PM
Nah, I'm probably shooting for 13-15%, then from there Ima try to bulk up. My main goal isn't the body fat, as it is to burn out the love handles, and get my abs to show before I fully concentrate in bulking up. Though, in the meantime even while focusing on cutting fat, I've noticed that I'm gaining weight, which likely means that I've put on muscle mass. BTW, have you ever tried Taurine? Right now the only things that I take is Whey Protein(Designer's Whey), Vitamin D 1000 IU in the morning because Doc says I was kind of low on it, Magnesium Citrate 200 mg for muscle issues(though my cervical neck cramps/headaches still mess me up), Echinacea and 125 mg Vitamin C for the immune system. I tried taking 1 g of Taurine for about 50 days, the one thing I noticed was that it increased my endurance, and lowered my blood pressure a lot. There is a new study that shows it increases Testosterone dramatically in rats at least, so I think Im gonna back on it, specially since it has anti-anxiety properties, and I suffer from OCD, so it's suppose to be a good thing. It says that the reason it increases T, is because it helps with the fat metabolism, i.e. helps you burn more fat, and also convert cholesterol into T faster.

No I have never tried Taurine actually but it sounds pretty good from what you say. I may have to try it out sometime, thanks for the info about it! Your other supps sound pretty good to me. Right now when it comes to supps I am taking Serious Mass from Optimum Nurtition as I am trying to bulk up some more and it is loaded with all kinds of vitamins and lot's of protein. There are 2000 calories in one serving lol! I am still eating good whole foods of course as well though. I am also taking Creatine and Vitamin C to help break it down in my system. I have always found that Creatine helps with my lifts. I usually take Why Protein, L-glutamine and BCAAs as well but they are included in the Serious Mass as well so pretty much most of the stuff I need is already in there. :)