PDA

View Full Version : 23&Me v5 now works on old Gedmatch. Somebody noticed it?

lukaszM
03-12-2018, 10:03 PM
They still have info that v5 isn't compatible but I uploaded accidentaly v5 to gedmatch.com and it was discovered as v4. Works well but of coure, as on Genesis only 52 000 snp are possible in calculators.

Ann Turner
03-13-2018, 02:25 AM
You will be able to use the v5 kit for one-to-one comparisons, but it won't be included in the database for one-to-many comparisons etc.

C J Wyatt III
03-13-2018, 02:31 AM
You will be able to use the v5 kit for one-to-one comparisons, but it won't be included in the database for one-to-many comparisons etc.

Will any imputed SNP's be used in the 'one-to-one' comparison? In comparing with what I term a standard kit (e.g. Family Finder, original AncestryDNA, 23andMe V3 chipset), I wonder how many actual SNP's will be compared?

Appreciate any information.

Jack

Eihwaz
03-13-2018, 02:45 AM
They still have info that v5 isn't compatible but I uploaded accidentaly v5 to gedmatch.com and it was discovered as v4. Works well but of coure, as on Genesis only 52 000 snp are possible in calculators.

No wonder my parents and I are getting weirdly inflated Atlantic scores in K15 and some other stuff, then. :/ Do you think 23andme's new algorithm will be able to use all the analyzed SNPs for calculators in the future?

ValerieAnne
06-20-2018, 07:30 AM
They are combining Genesis and the regular gedmatch site. I'm not sure if they are finished yet but I noticed yesterday that I could run my 23andme (V5) kit through at least some of the calculators, I haven't run them all, which is why I can't verify them all.