PDA

View Full Version : Shetland and Orkneys

03-17-2018, 10:50 PM
Hi guys ive ordered a test for Living DNA hoping to find out more about my DNA which I traced back to Lerwick around 1775 (fatherline) and I'm sort of hoping Living DNA will pick this up. My surname is common there too. Do they cover these areas?

spruithean
03-17-2018, 11:14 PM
I believe they cover both Orkney and Shetland.

Lanceman
03-18-2018, 10:35 PM
Yes, I've just recently had my DNA completed by LivingDNA. Being told I had ancestors from Orkney, on my LivingDNA results the Orkney islands were highlighted and a percentage given.

greerpalmer
03-19-2018, 04:28 PM
Hi guys ive ordered a test for Living DNA hoping to find out more about my DNA which I traced back to Lerwick around 1775 (fatherline) and I'm sort of hoping Living DNA will pick this up. My surname is common there too. Do they cover these areas?

As it stands, the Orkney group covers Shetland. That will change with the Scottish update. https://www.livingdna.com/sites/default/files/upload/press-release/file/Scottish-Research-Project-Map.jpg
I'm assuming the update will be released at the same time as the Irish one since they're so closely related, but thats a bit fuzzy.