PDA

View Full Version : Statistical Palaeoafricans

firemonkey
03-25-2018, 10:53 AM
According to a new preprint by Durvasula and Sankararaman (D+S):

Using this method, we find that ~7.970.6% of the genetic ancestry from the West African Yoruba population traces its origin to an unidentified, archaic population

This ~8% matches well the ~9% of "West Africa A" in Yoruba of the model of Skoglund et al. Figure 3D. If "West Africa A" corresponds to the Archaic Ghost of D+S, then the Mende have the most of it at ~13%.

I have long maintained that the higher genetic diversity of extant Sub-Saharan Africans is the result of admixture between "Afrasians" (a population that spawned Eurasians and much of the ancestry of Sub-Saharans and which had "low" (Eurasian-level) of genetic diversity) and multiple layers of "Palaeoafricans". It would seem that one such layer has now been discovered.

http://dienekes.blogspot.co.uk/2018/03/statistical-palaeoafricans.html

giorgio
04-20-2018, 10:01 PM
I think Khoisans would have the highest Archaic ancestry given some Early Hominids and even Gorilla genome got San as the closest sort of ancestry followed by West Africans in Gedmatch calculators.

Brwn_trd
05-05-2018, 04:08 PM
Is there any information on the distribution of this admixture? Is it in the entire african continent? I think west africa has a very interesting history. Unfortunately it is one of the least studied regions archeologically.