PDA

View Full Version : R1b-L2-;Z49+ ....

Acque agitate
04-12-2018, 08:54 AM
Yesterday, I realized that a member of FtDna's Rib-U152 Project, which had been listed as L2- for years, has recently undergone a new test. From this new test it emerged that he is Z49+.
Given that it is obviously possible that a person L2- has subsequently developed the Z49+ mutation, I ask myself what type of test this person has undergone (Big Y, single Z49 test, etc.).
I reiterate that it is the situation that emerged yesterday is possible. In fact in the Project there is a person who is Z49+ and at the same time is Fgc5344+ (a mutation typical of the group to which I belong with two other people unknown of Sardinia). Time ago I also calculated the probability and everything seemed normal

MitchellSince1893
04-12-2018, 12:41 PM
Yesterday, I realized that a member of FtDna's Rib-U152 Project, which had been listed as L2- for years, has recently undergone a new test. From this new test it emerged that he is Z49+.
Given that it is obviously possible that a person L2- has subsequently developed the Z49+ mutation, I ask myself what type of test this person has undergone (Big Y, single Z49 test, etc.).
I reiterate that it is the situation that emerged yesterday is possible. In fact in the Project there is a person who is Z49+ and at the same time is Fgc5344+ (a mutation typical of the group to which I belong with two other people unknown of Sardinia). Time ago I also calculated the probability and everything seemed normal

Thank you for bringing this to my attention. I have contacted FTDNA about these odd results for the kit in question.

MitchellSince1893
04-12-2018, 02:22 PM
FTDNA has already got back to me and resolved it. The L2 negative result was from an old 2008 Deep Clade test and is incorrect. He has been confirmed to be L2+by FTDNA.

MitchellSince1893
04-23-2018, 01:02 AM
I recently noted the Z49 samples on both Sardinia and Majorca/Mallorca (largest of the Spanish Balearic Islands in the Mediterranean) and was curious if there was an ancient culture that occupied both islands and came across this on wiki

Beaker culture in Sardinia appeared circa 2100 BC during the last phase of the Chalcolithic period. It initially coexisted with and then replaced the previous Monte Claro culture in Sardinia, developing until the ancient Bronze Age circa 1900–1800 BC. Then, the Beaker culture mixed with the related Bonnanaro culture, considered the first stage of the Nuragic civilization.

...c. 2000 BC, when the Beaker culture, which at the time was widespread in almost all western Europe, appeared on the island. The beakers appeared in Sardinia from two different geographical areas: firstly from Spain and southern France and then from Central Europe, through the Italian Peninsula...

The Balares [Nuragic Civilization tribe] have been identified with the Beaker culture.[42] They lived in what are now the Nurra, Coghinas and Limbara traditional subdivisions of Sardinia. They were probably of the same stock from which the Talaiotic culture of the Balearic Islands originated.

Acque agitate
04-23-2018, 09:44 AM
As far as I know, the Sardinian samples that have been analyzed have been collected on the Tyrrhenian coast (the one facing Italy). It is therefore more likely that the R1b-U152-L2 should be related to the Tuscan, Lazio and Liguria areas. Personally I have always thought that some of the R1b-U152-L2 found in Sardinia are to be related to the Etruscans (lately have been found archaeological finds that confirm this hypothesis) and the Ambrones / Umbrones (those that are improperly called Ligurians, even if they have never used this name to identify themselves).
My own paternal line (R1b-U152-L2-PF7600), which originates from the Tuscan-Emilian Apennines, was found only in 2 Sardinian samples of the Tyrrhenian coast (9/10 snp in common). This despite my snps have been verified on more than 1000 R1b and more than 400 R1b-U152.
It is a pity that only a few people originating from the Tuscan-Emilian Apennines have performed the genetic test. I'm sure that otherwise we will have many more branches of U152 and we will have much more news on the history of U152.

I recently noted the Z49 samples on both Sardinia and Majorca/Mallorca (largest of the Spanish Balearic Islands in the Mediterranean) and was curious if there was an ancient culture that occupied both islands and came across this on wiki

asquecco
04-23-2018, 11:00 AM
A YFull Z49/S8183 from Portugal Azores could be related to a Flemish settlement:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Azores
"Because there was such a large Flemish settlement, the Azores became known as the Flemish Islands or the Isles of Flanders."