PDA

View Full Version : SNP reliability debate

FGC Corp
05-09-2018, 07:47 PM
Y SNP calling:

At this time FGC recommends the SNP judgements of:
Alex Williamson (Big Tree)

FGC does not endorse the restriction of reliable Y SNPs to the "Gold region." That is, FGC does not recommend the SNP criteria used by ISOGG. ISOGG is out-of-date.

TigerMW
05-09-2018, 09:29 PM
Y SNP calling:

At this time FGC recommends the SNP judgements of:
Alex Williamson (Big Tree)

FGC does not endorse the restriction of reliable Y SNPs to the "Gold region." That is, FGC does not recommend the SNP criteria used by ISOGG. ISOGG is out-of-date.
By omission, it looks like you do not recommend YFull’s SNP recommendations. Please confirm.

FGC Corp
05-09-2018, 09:53 PM
By omission, it looks like you do not recommend YFull’s SNP recommendations. Please confirm.

I don't have a particular criticism of YFull. YFull has a less conservative approach. However, they include non "Gold Standard" SNPs, which is something that we agree with.

TigerMW
05-09-2018, 10:33 PM
I don't have a particular criticism of YFull. YFull has a less conservative approach. However, they include non "Gold Standard" SNPs, which is something that we agree with.
Originally you included “Robert Casey” and “Wayne Kauffman” as recommended but then changed recommended to only Alex Williamson.

My conclusion is you are positive on Alex Williamson’s variant calls; you are neutral on YFull, Wayne Kauffman and Robert Casey; but negative on ISOGG. Please correct me if I misunderstand.

FGC Corp
05-09-2018, 10:41 PM
Originally you included “Robert Casey” and “Wayne Kauffman” as recommended but then changed recommended to only Alex Williamson.

My conclusion is you are positive on Alex Williamson’s variant calls; you are neutral on YFull, Wayne Kauffman and Robert Casey; but negative on ISOGG. Please correct me if I misunderstand.

I'm only critical with regard to ISOGG. Kauffman and Casey also do good analyses, as does Yfull.

TigerMW
05-10-2018, 01:33 AM
I'm only critical with regard to ISOGG. Kauffman and Casey also do good analyses, as does Yfull.
... but in your view Alex Williamson must be best.

FGC Corp
05-10-2018, 01:37 AM
... but in your view Alex Williamson must be best.

He's very good at what he does and The Big Tree is outstanding.

TigerMW
05-10-2018, 02:53 AM
He's very good at what he does and The Big Tree is outstanding.
I think Alex Williamson, YFull, Robert Casey, Wayne Kauffman, annnnddd Ray Banks (of ISOGG) are all outstanding but no one is perfect,

Okay, so did you not really mean what you what you said where you state soley about Alex?

“At this time FGC recommends the SNP judgements of:
Alex Williamson (Big Tree)”

Petr
05-10-2018, 06:41 AM
I have noticed that you include in your analysis SNPs from PAR1 region, I see positions 7000 to 36000, while Alex Williamson probably not?