PDA

View Full Version : How will humans divide into many species next?

ApostateAbe
05-22-2018, 12:44 PM
Speciation is when one species evolves into two or more species due to diverging genotypes, finalized when the two or more races can generally no longer interbreed with fertile offspring. Predict the next set of many human species. Racial divergence by geography has a head start, but maybe other types of racial divergence will overtake it. Select the speciation event that will arrive FIRST.

Speciation by geography (i.e. caucasoid, negroid, mongoloid)
Speciation by class (i.e. rich and poor, as in The Time Machine)
Speciation by genetic editing (as in Gattaca)
Speciation by outer space divisions (i.e. Earthians, Martians, Europans)
A combination of such divergences (specify in a comment)
Other (specify in a comment)

Osiris
05-22-2018, 07:02 PM
I think there's way too much interest among individuals to mix their genes with other people they happen to fancy for the foreseeable future for speciation to happen. So while certain groups may have been drifting apart 500 years ago I think we're all drifting slowly together now. For the long term isolation to create separate species of humans I think the most likely scenario would be a cataclysmic collapse followed by long term geological isolation. With people living on islands, like me, perhaps changing the most rapidly to suit the environment.

Ruderico
05-22-2018, 07:20 PM
Future biological evolution is too slow to compete with bionics, AI development or genetic manipulation to matter, in my opinion. We will probably destroy ourselves anyway

ApostateAbe
05-22-2018, 07:46 PM
I think there's way too much interest among individuals to mix their genes with other people they happen to fancy for the foreseeable future for speciation to happen. So while certain groups may have been drifting apart 500 years ago I think we're all drifting slowly together now. For the long term isolation to create separate species of humans I think the most likely scenario would be a cataclysmic collapse followed by long term geological isolation. With people living on islands, like me, perhaps changing the most rapidly to suit the environment.
OK, I would classify that as speciation by geography. I have wondered whether or not current interracial admixture internationally is high enough to merge the races instead of diverge them, and I would love to get the data.

Administrator
05-22-2018, 07:59 PM
This thread is closed for pseudoscientific content (see Sections 3.11 and 3.14 here (https://anthrogenica.com/faq.php)). Persistent violation of the Terms of Service will result in punitive action.