PDA

View Full Version : Chuvashian DNA

euchu70
06-01-2018, 07:26 AM
Hi! This is my first post. I just got the results of my livingdna test, and found, much to my surprise that I have 2.5% Chuvashian DNA and the remainder is European (Britain, Ireland, Scandinavia) and Tuscany 2%.

Has anyone else received this in their mix, and not expected it? I'm assuming this means in the last 10 generations? I've been checking out these people, to see if I look like them haha. Never heard anything about this ancestry at all through family. Actually expected a lot more Irish than I got too.

My motherline haplogroup was V.

Onur Dincer
06-01-2018, 09:39 AM
Hi! This is my first post. I just got the results of my livingdna test, and found, much to my surprise that I have 2.5% Chuvashian DNA and the remainder is European (Britain, Ireland, Scandinavia) and Tuscany 2%.

Has anyone else received this in their mix, and not expected it? I'm assuming this means in the last 10 generations? I've been checking out these people, to see if I look like them haha. Never heard anything about this ancestry at all through family. Actually expected a lot more Irish than I got too.

My motherline haplogroup was V.

What is your known ancestry? I do not have any experience with Living DNA, maybe those who have some experience with it could offer their opinions. I can help you if you also share your GEDmatch results as I have years of experience with GEDmatch calculators.

euchu70
06-01-2018, 11:32 AM
Pretty much Irish, Danish and English (as much as I know), just did the test for curiosity factor. Didn't ever hear or know anything about the Russian Chuvashian bit. It's not very high, but I still thought it was pretty cool to see something out of the ordinary in there.

euchu70
06-01-2018, 11:38 AM
So this was the breakdown according to LivinDna

Europe 97.6%

Great Britain and Ireland 86%

Southeast England 27.4%
North Yorkshire 11.5%
Southwest Scotland and Northern Ireland 9.2%
Northumbria 9%
Devon 7.3%
Cornwall 7.2%
Aberdeenshire 5.4%