PDA

View Full Version : Y-DNA Haplogroup in Female Report

Ais
06-01-2018, 03:46 PM
I just uploaded my mother's raw data to Wegene, and it's given her a Y-DNA haplogroup - R1b1a1a2a1a2c1a1a1a1. I looked at both of our raw data files, and while most of the SNPs are no-calls, we both have quite a few that have a value next to them. Surely that would be an error though, and not enough to actually estimate a male haplogroup?

Dibran
06-02-2018, 12:50 AM
I just uploaded my mother's raw data to Wegene, and it's given her a Y-DNA haplogroup - R1b1a1a2a1a2c1a1a1a1. I looked at both of our raw data files, and while most of the SNPs are no-calls, we both have quite a few that have a value next to them. Surely that would be an error though, and not enough to actually estimate a male haplogroup?

Same with my Mothers file. Even though a base prediction her most likely through morely was R1b-L150 and or I1- CTS10338. It makes zero sense to me. When I run other female files it comes up as an error.

Ais
06-02-2018, 01:42 AM
Same with my Mothers file. Even though a base prediction her most likely through morely was R1b-L150 and or I1- CTS10338. It makes zero sense to me. When I run other female files it comes up as an error.

It's so strange! Did that haplogroup make sense with your mother's background? I didn't receive a predicted haplogroup on wegene, but when I looked at my raw data there were still a fair few calls on the Y, although not a huge amount. I put my file into Morley out of curiosity, and it came back D2a1b2 as the most likely, which is obviously way off. Interestingly, I do have a number of East Asian alleles in my DNA that aren't really found in Europe, but it's certainly not my direct paternal line, which comes from the Scottish Highlands!

Power77
03-06-2019, 02:50 AM

From which company did your mom's raw data come from:confused:?

LePrieur
03-06-2019, 08:07 AM
WeGene is pretty terrible, but it did detect my mtDNA haplogroup accurately.

Tonev
12-12-2019, 09:16 AM
Maybe they had used the label "Y" for the second "X" chromosome? After all, the machine does not know the sex of the sample owner?