PDA

View Full Version : New McElroy Match

rms2
06-02-2018, 01:34 PM
Just got an 18.1 cM match at Ancestry with a woman whose maiden surname is McElroy. My father's maternal grandmother was Lula McElroy, and I already have a couple of big third cousin matches with a lady and her brother whose maternal great grandmother was Jesse Belle McElroy, Lula McElroy's sister.

This new match has only a very bare bones pedigree posted on Ancestry, so I can't yet see where the connection is. I messaged her just a few minutes ago.

rms2
06-05-2018, 11:39 AM
Just got an 18.1 cM match at Ancestry with a woman whose maiden surname is McElroy. My father's maternal grandmother was Lula McElroy, and I already have a couple of big third cousin matches with a lady and her brother whose maternal great grandmother was Jesse Belle McElroy, Lula McElroy's sister.

This new match has only a very bare bones pedigree posted on Ancestry, so I can't yet see where the connection is. I messaged her just a few minutes ago.

Still haven't heard from this lady. At this point, I'm guessing I never will. Oh, well.

JMcB
06-05-2018, 01:49 PM
Still haven't heard from this lady. At this point, I'm guessing I never will. Oh, well.

Unfortunately, that’s often the case.