PDA

View Full Version : DNA Tribes SNP Results

Ais
06-13-2018, 04:15 PM
I just got me and my mother's DNA Tribes results back, there are interesting differences and similarities.

Table 1: Your Continental Core Mixture

Me
European 92.1%
South Asian 3.2%
North African and Middle Eastern 2.9%
Siberian 0.9%
Amerindian 0.6%
Sub-Saharan African 0.2%

Mother
European 95%
Amerindian 2.1%

Table 2: Your Regional Cluster Mixture

Me

Northwest European 60%
Balto - North Slavic 12.4%
Iberian 11.7%
Balkan 6.2%
Tajik Pashtun 4.4%
Basque 2.4%
Urals 1.5%
Northern Amerindian 1.1%
Other 0.3%

Mother

Northwest European 69.8%
Balkan 12.1%
Basque 6.9%
Iberian 6%
Mesoamerican 2.1%
Balto - North Slavic 1.9%
Ashkenazi Jewish 1.1%
Other 0.1%

Table 3: Your Population Mixture

Me

Denmark 40.5%
Argyll and Bute Scottish Highlands 39.6%
Czech 10.5%
Kalash Pakistan 4.5%
Slovenia 2.6%
Galicia Spain 1.1%
Basque Spain 1.1%
Other 0.1%

Mother

Denmark 84.9%
Basque Spain 8.6%
Montenegro 2.8%
Pima Mexico 2.1%
Galicia Spain 1.6%

I imagine the Continental Core Mixture is more accurate than the regional breakdowns. However, I had hoped that the breakdowns would give me more information on my South Asian.

Since I don't have any references or averages to compare against, I'd be interested to hear other people's interpretations of these results.

kingjohn
06-13-2018, 04:39 PM
I just got me and my mother's DNA Tribes results back, there are interesting differences and similarities.

Me
European 92.1%
South Asian 3.2%
Siberian 0.9%
Amerindian 0.6%
Sub-Saharan African 0.2%

Mother
European 95%
Amerindian 2.1%

Me

Northwest European 60%
Iberian 11.7%
Balkan 6.2%
Tajik Pashtun 4.4%
Basque 2.4%
Urals 1.5%
Northern Amerindian 1.1%
Other 0.3%

Mother

Northwest European 69.8%
Balkan 12.1%
Basque 6.9%
Iberian 6%
Mesoamerican 2.1%
Ashkenazi Jewish 1.1%
Other 0.1%

Me

Denmark 40.5%
Czech 10.5%
Kalash Pakistan 4.5%
Slovenia 2.6%
Galicia Spain 1.1%
Basque Spain 1.1%
Other 0.1%

Mother

Denmark 84.9%
Basque Spain 8.6%
Montenegro 2.8%
Pima Mexico 2.1%
Galicia Spain 1.6%

I imagine the Continental Core Mixture is more accurate than the regional breakdowns. However, I had hoped that the breakdowns would give me more information on my South Asian.

Since I don't have any references or averages to compare against, I'd be interested to hear other people's interpretations of these results.

personally for me the most striking difference between you and your mom is that in table 2: you score significant balto-slavic 12.4%
while your mother score only 1.9% balto-slavic
i wonder from where it came to you ........ :\
i see scotland and england flags maybe just a remnants from steppe... who knows
thanks for sharing :beerchug:
regards
adam

Ais
06-13-2018, 05:41 PM
personally for me the most striking difference between you and your mom is that in table 2: you score significant balto-slavic 12.4%
while your mother score only 1.9% balto-slavic
i wonder from where it came to you ........ :\
i see scotland and england flags maybe just a remnants from steppe... who knows
thanks for sharing :beerchug:
regards
adam

I noticed that as well, it's quite a big difference! I do have a large question mark over a recent part of my dad's tree, so who knows, but I expect it is very old :) I was surprised by my high percentage, both me and my mother have elevated Eastern Europe, but we tend to shift more south eastern than north eastern, which can be seen in my mother's high Balkan percentage as well.

Noa
06-14-2018, 12:53 AM
However, I had hoped that the breakdowns would give me more information on my South Asian.

Does the map of "South Asian Populations" with the numbered dots (and your #rank for each population) help give you more information of your South Asian breakdown?

Tz85
06-14-2018, 02:14 AM

Me
European 92.1%
South Asian 3.2%
Siberian 0.9%
Amerindian 0.6%
Sub-Saharan African 0.2%

Mother
European 95%
Amerindian 2.1%

Me

Northwest European 60%
Iberian 11.7%
Balkan 6.2%
Tajik Pashtun 4.4%
Basque 2.4%
Urals 1.5%
Northern Amerindian 1.1%
Other 0.3%

Mother

Northwest European 69.8%
Balkan 12.1%
Basque 6.9%
Iberian 6%
Mesoamerican 2.1%
Ashkenazi Jewish 1.1%
Other 0.1%

Me

Denmark 40.5%
Czech 10.5%
Kalash Pakistan 4.5%
Slovenia 2.6%
Galicia Spain 1.1%
Basque Spain 1.1%
Other 0.1%

Mother

Denmark 84.9%
Basque Spain 8.6%
Montenegro 2.8%
Pima Mexico 2.1%
Galicia Spain 1.6%

Your results show Tajik Pashtun. There is your South Asian.

Ais
06-14-2018, 03:27 AM
Does the map of "South Asian Populations" with the numbered dots (and your #rank for each population) help give you more information of your South Asian breakdown?

Unfortunately not, those maps compare your genome as a whole to the people of those regions, and since my Indian ancestry is further back and most of my DNA is northwest European, I am genetically quite different. I do show a slightly closer similarity with South Eastern India though, which is interesting since what I know of my Indian heritage comes from Calcutta in the North East.

Your results show Tajik Pashtun. There is your South Asian.

That actually isn't related to my South Asian, it's a result of my elevated Central and West Asian DNA. Gedmatch separates the two quite nicely, and I score higher than average in both (the Central Asian being an ancient component I simply have more of, and the South Asian being recent ancestry).

Tz85
06-14-2018, 04:29 AM
Unfortunately not, those maps compare your genome as a whole to the people of those regions, and since my Indian ancestry is further back and most of my DNA is northwest European, I am genetically quite different. I do show a slightly closer similarity with South Eastern India though, which is interesting since what I know of my Indian heritage comes from Calcutta in the North East.

That actually isn't related to my South Asian, it's a result of my elevated Central and West Asian DNA. Gedmatch separates the two quite nicely, and I score higher than average in both (the Central Asian being an ancient component I simply have more of, and the South Asian being recent ancestry).

Both your West Asia, and South Asia are within noise range. DNA Tribes SNP is not recent ancestry, btw.

Ais
06-14-2018, 12:49 PM
Both your West Asia, and South Asia are within noise range. DNA Tribes SNP is not recent ancestry, btw.

Just because something is within noise range, doesn't mean it is noise. Everyone in Europe has West and Central Asian DNA from long ago, I just have a few percent more of it than normal. And the South Asian also isn't just noise as I have a paper trail back to Calcutta.

DNA Tribes does focus on deep ancestry, but your recent ancestry also forms part of your ancient ancestry. If you have recent non-European admixture, it will show up in ancient tests.