PDA

View Full Version : Geno 2.0 on sale for $149 until Thursday night (American Pacific time)

lgmayka
10-15-2013, 08:14 PM
Geno 2.0 is on sale for $149 (http://shop.nationalgeographic.com/ngs/browse/productDetail.jsp?productId=2001246&gsk&code=EM101513L&utm_source=NatGeocom&utm_medium=Email&utm_content=ngstore_20131015&utm_campaign=Store) (instead of the regular $199) until Thursday night, American Pacific time. You may have to use that specific hyperlink, or its embedded discount code. The $149 price applies also to Europe and Australia (http://shop.nationalgeographic.com/ngs/product/genographic-kits-international-delivery/geno-2.0---genographic-project-participation-and-dna-ancestry-kit%2C-europe-%26-australia-delivery), but the usual $20 shipping charge also still applies.

This was in an official email from National Geographic.
---
This offer expires 10/17/13 at 11:59 pm PT and can be changed or canceled at any time. Cannot be combined with other offers; not valid on previous orders. Applicable for online orders only. Prices not valid in the National Geographic UK Online Store
---

Rathna
10-16-2013, 08:06 AM
Just ordered a kit to test my acquired cousin Fabrizio Federighi from Tuscany, tested as R-M269* by SMGF: Ysearch MHK97.
Shipping & Handling $40.00 and not $20,00.

rms2
10-16-2013, 11:53 AM
I may order it for my dad now. I have been thinking about it for quite awhile, but now there is a real incentive.

Celtarion
10-16-2013, 12:12 PM
One thing important that I have noticed, you have to use a specific link as the normal order process does not show the price reduction... It seems to be linked with a special promo code, so be aware of that.

It reminds me a mistake made by Geno few months ago where the promotion was not applicable for consumers but education only... what is strange to me is that, they haven't advertised from a marketing perspective... i.e I haven't received any email, or I don't see any advertisement stating this promo... Anyway, if it is promo, so then, I have a couple of breton interested :)

BMG
10-16-2013, 01:47 PM
Dont you guys think that geno 2.0 is still overpriced even with this discount .

MikeWhalen
10-16-2013, 02:30 PM
thanks for the heads up Igmayka!
-I have ordered it...fyi, its an extra $10 shipping to Canada, and another 20 bucks in tax, so it ends up being 180 bucks all totaled

-not sure how much use it will be to an L513 irish guy, probably just the dna testing addict in me jonesing for some new data to play with, but still worth it I hope, not sure I would have done it without the sale

Mike

Ps-Celtarian is correct, you have to use the link that comes from your first 5 words Igmayka to get the 149 price, all other links led to the standard 199...here it is again just in case

http://shop.nationalgeographic.com/ngs/browse/productDetail.jsp?productId=2001246&gsk&code=EM101513L&utm_source=NatGeocom&utm_medium=Email&utm_content=ngstore_20131015&utm_campaign=Store

Clinton P
10-16-2013, 02:43 PM
Is this NationalGenographic selling off Geno 2.0 before introducing Geno 2.1 or Geno 3.0 ? http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Angels_and_Demons/satanic-0052.gif

Clinton P

Celtarion
10-16-2013, 04:37 PM
There was an email sent to Geno customers yesterday announcing the promotion for this weekend... However, don't be surprised if you didn't get it as the main reason is that you have unsubscribed to any emails from National Geographics...

I have unsubscribed from my side as I was receiving too many emails relating to promotion (CD, DVD, magazines, calendars, etc...). So this is why I didn't receive the email, it may be the same for you guys :P

lgmayka
10-16-2013, 07:12 PM
Just ordered a kit to test my acquired cousin Fabrizio Federighi from Tuscany, tested as R-M269* by SMGF: Ysearch MHK97.
Shipping & Handling $40.00 and not $20,00.
If you use this special hyperlink (http://shop.nationalgeographic.com/ngs/product/genographic-kits-international-delivery/geno-2.0---genographic-project-participation-and-dna-ancestry-kit%2C-europe-%26-australia-delivery), the shipping is supposedly only $20 to these countries (http://shop.nationalgeographic.com/html/catalog/popup/genoShippableCountries2.html) (which includes Italy). However, taxes may still be charged--I don't know.

If you use this hyperlink (http://shop.nationalgeographic.com/ngs/product/genographic-kits-international-delivery/geno-2.0---genographic-project-participation-and-dna-ancestry-kit), shipping is $40 outside the United States and Canada.

By the way, you may have to refresh the web page to see the discount price. Or worse, perhaps a cookie is involved, so that I am seeing the discount price but others are not always seeing it? As others have said, I suggest you go to this hyperlink (http://shop.nationalgeographic.com/ngs/browse/productDetail.jsp?productId=2001246&gsk&code=EM101513L&utm_source=NatGeocom&utm_medium=Email&utm_content=ngstore_20131015&utm_campaign=Store) first.

rms2
10-17-2013, 12:50 AM
Okay, I ordered it for my dad, who is 83. I have a sample from him with FTDNA from a 12-marker test I ordered late last year. This should be interesting, since I don't know what his mtDNA haplogroup is. B)

My dad has never been interested in genealogy, but I spoke with him by phone. He is willing to scrape the inside of his cheek at least one more time, if it will make me happy. It will. :)

ZephyrousMandaru
10-17-2013, 01:14 AM
Fuck, I already ordered it over two weeks ago and my sample has been received. :(

kaybee
10-17-2013, 03:16 AM
I ordered it for my brother, who willing supplies these samples to keep me happy. I figure if we keep testing one of these days our family will match up to something. We will probably do Chromo2 as well, but not this week!

Rathna
10-17-2013, 11:13 AM
If you use this special hyperlink (http://shop.nationalgeographic.com/ngs/product/genographic-kits-international-delivery/geno-2.0---genographic-project-participation-and-dna-ancestry-kit%2C-europe-%26-australia-delivery), the shipping is supposedly only $20 to these countries (http://shop.nationalgeographic.com/html/catalog/popup/genoShippableCountries2.html) (which includes Italy). However, taxes may still be charged--I don't know.

If you use this hyperlink (http://shop.nationalgeographic.com/ngs/product/genographic-kits-international-delivery/geno-2.0---genographic-project-participation-and-dna-ancestry-kit), shipping is $40 outside the United States and Canada.

By the way, you may have to refresh the web page to see the discount price. Or worse, perhaps a cookie is involved, so that I am seeing the discount price but others are not always seeing it? As others have said, I suggest you go to this hyperlink (http://shop.nationalgeographic.com/ngs/browse/productDetail.jsp?productId=2001246&gsk&code=EM101513L&utm_source=NatGeocom&utm_medium=Email&utm_content=ngstore_20131015&utm_campaign=Store) first.

I thank you, unfortunately already done (and already paid!).

Celtarion
10-17-2013, 07:29 PM
Fuck, I already ordered it over two weeks ago and my sample has been received. :(

I would recommend to send an e-mail to their customer service as a try asking a price reduction as an exception... There maybe a remorse period.. or not...!

lgmayka
10-17-2013, 11:46 PM
I am very annoyed--at, myself, FTDNA's staff, and National Geographic's web designers.

Tuesday afternoon, I submitted a bulk email request in order to inform my project members of this deal. After 24 hours had gone by, I assumed that FTDNA had rejected the request for some reason.

Just now--with only a few hours left--FTDNA finally sent out my bulk email. Many project members will not read it in time, and those who do may not figure out how to get the discount because I included the "wrong" URL. At the time I wrote the bulk email, I did not realize that National Geographic was using a bizarre cookie scheme such that the same regular URL would show me the discount but not others.

Grr!

Alessio B. Bedini
10-29-2013, 04:42 PM
Geno 2.0 is again on sale for 159$ and free US ship (only 3 days) http://shop.nationalgeographic.com/ngs/browse/productDetail.jsp?productId=2001246&gsk&code=EM102913H&utm_source=NatGeocom&utm_medium=Email&utm_content=ngstore_20131029&utm_campaign=Store
The kit "Europe & Australia shipping" is also available

MikeWhalen
11-01-2013, 09:12 PM
Well, I sent in my vials today, anyone know what the general turn around time is for them?

Mike

George Chandler
11-01-2013, 09:23 PM
I think mine took about 3 or 4 months once the kit was received for Geno 2.0. It might be faster now.

MikeWhalen
11-01-2013, 11:13 PM
ouch...ok, thx for the ball park

M

GabeGibeau
11-02-2013, 12:56 AM
Well, I sent in my vials today, anyone know what the general turn around time is for them?

Mike

Mike,

It took six weeks (sent vials 8/14... received results 9/27) to get my test results from the lab.

- Roger -

MikeWhalen
11-02-2013, 12:59 AM
thanks Roger, lets hope thats the usual timeline :)

M

Alessio B. Bedini
11-02-2013, 08:26 AM
In my case they have analyzed the vials in 21 days.
Arriving in Houston, Texas (U.S.) August 3, I got the results on August 24.

Timothy
11-03-2013, 03:30 AM
Still at $159.95, free shipping in the U.S. -

http://shop.nationalgeographic.com/ngs/browse/productDetail.jsp?productId=2001246

TigerMW
11-03-2013, 05:57 AM
I am very annoyed--at, myself, FTDNA's staff, and National Geographic's web designers.

Tuesday afternoon, I submitted a bulk email request in order to inform my project members of this deal. After 24 hours had gone by, I assumed that FTDNA had rejected the request for some reason.

Just now--with only a few hours left--FTDNA finally sent out my bulk email. Many project members will not read it in time, and those who do may not figure out how to get the discount because I included the "wrong" URL. At the time I wrote the bulk email, I did not realize that National Geographic was using a bizarre cookie scheme such that the same regular URL would show me the discount but not others.

Grr!

The last sale I was just too slow to let people know but I was ready on this one and submitted a bulk email request within six-seven hours of finding about the sale. I double check all URLs on these bulk emails now. I made an error on one for the R1b project and got so many questions/requests back it about killed me. Anyway, the bulk email request was submitted first thing in the morning Houston time and they approved it by 4 or 5 pm that day.

I think we'll get a few orders from R1b project people who need to do some kind of additional testing.

MikeWhalen
11-03-2013, 07:17 PM
thanks Alessio

M

In my case they have analyzed the vials in 21 days.
Arriving in Houston, Texas (U.S.) August 3, I got the results on August 24.

George Chandler
11-03-2013, 10:38 PM
Are you sure that's a recent price link? When I purchased the one the day it was at $199.99 once the order was made (before taxes and shipping). I tried different links etc and it was still the same price.

TigerMW
11-04-2013, 01:27 AM
Are you sure that's a recent price link? When I purchased the one the day it was at $199.99 once the order was made (before taxes and shipping). I tried different links etc and it was still the same price.

I had a couple of people who told me they signed up today for the sales price... or at least they think they got a sales price.

George Chandler
11-04-2013, 02:05 AM
That's interesting - maybe it's because it was an international order? I went on after Mike mentioned the sale trying both my saved link and the main website link and it both showing $199.00.

MikeWhalen
11-04-2013, 07:10 PM
ahh..when I ordered the sale price, there was only 1 certain link that got you to the sale price, the 'normal' addy to the website did NOT lead to the sale price and one of the links that worked for the poster, did NOT work for the rest of us
...so to get the sale was a bit finicky, and this was in the middle of the sales period, so there was no problem with too soon or too late
-bty, mine was to Canada

fyi

Mike

That's interesting - maybe it's because it was an international order? I went on after Mike mentioned the sale trying both my saved link and the main website link and it both showing $199.00.

George Chandler
11-05-2013, 12:23 AM
Ok that makes sense. Thanks

TigerMW
11-05-2013, 11:30 PM
It looks like the $159.95 price is still in effect. It says it is a limited time offer but they pushed it past its original sales price deadline. I suspect either a replacement at a higher price is coming or this package is just being move to a new lower price range... more in line with FTDNA's old Y SNP deep clade packages.

ZephyrousMandaru
11-07-2013, 04:43 AM
My DNA Analysis is being processed, it's only a matter of time until it my kit reaches the Quality Control stage. I have a feeling it'll be complete by the end of this week.

MikeWhalen
11-19-2013, 04:37 PM
I sent my sample (from canada) in on Nov. 1 2013, I checked the national geographic website today and it does not show it having arrived...that around 18 days...cause for concern or pretty much normal you think?

Mike

GabeGibeau
11-23-2013, 08:57 PM
I sent my sample (from canada) in on Nov. 1 2013, I checked the national geographic website today and it does not show it having arrived...that around 18 days...cause for concern or pretty much normal you think?

Mike

Mike,

I received an email from [email protected] on August 24th: "Genographic Update: We Have Received Your DNA Sample" ten days after I sent in my vials on 8/14.

- Roger -

MikeWhalen
11-24-2013, 02:04 AM
hmm-thanks Roger-I did not know they send a confirmation of receiving email...still waitin

M

MikeWhalen
12-05-2013, 04:24 PM
Well, its been 35 days since I sent my sample in and no emails to acknowlege they recieved my sample...now I am worried...I think I will contact them....anyone know who to talk to about this with them?

M

UPDATE
-so, after a long wait on the phone...I talked to the NG lady and she said, given i sent it to their canadian warehouse, that then sends it to their memphis warehouse, which then sends it to their lab ( I forget where) which then sends me a confirmation email...she says I should wait at least another 2 weeks before being concerned .

okey doke I guess

M

Mike

zulkif
09-22-2014, 12:17 AM
Limited-time Offer: SAVE $40 on Geno 2.0! Only $159.95.

FREE SHIPPING SITEWIDE! on orders of $150 or more.

It is smelling like a Geno 2.1 coming in a couple weeks time?

jesus
09-22-2014, 01:08 AM
Just ordered one. Soon I'll order Y-37, mtDNA Plus and family finder from FTDNA. I'm so excited!

zulkif
09-22-2014, 01:19 AM
Just ordered one... I'm so excited!

Jesus... and why so excited? :)

Erik
09-22-2014, 01:36 AM
Jesus... and why so excited? :)
This stuff tends to be exciting :P

zulkif
10-02-2014, 02:53 AM
The price is again $199.95