PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else stuck in a paragroup?

firemonkey
06-25-2018, 04:04 AM
I'm wondering how long I'll be stuck in this paragroup E-Z16664* with no info on its origins . My ancestry through autosomal testing and paper trail is very much British isles but the question looms large as to the origin of my surname line. Is it British or from somewhere else in Europe?

NetNomad
07-01-2018, 09:36 AM
I'm wondering how long I'll be stuck in this paragroup E-Z16664* with no info on its origins . My ancestry through autosomal testing and paper trail is very much British isles but the question looms large as to the origin of my surname line. Is it British or from somewhere else in Europe?

It seems to be Atlantic (British and Iberian): https://www.yfull.com/tree/E-L17/

firemonkey
07-01-2018, 10:52 AM
It seems subclades above and including E-Z16664 are English/USA and below that Iberian. Of course this is on a very limited set of samples which makes it hard to draw any firm conclusions.

Kaipiro
07-18-2018, 03:30 AM
Me, I'm stuck with Z16242, there's no more SNPs I can test for, Only if I buy BigY

sgdavies@hotmail.com
07-18-2018, 09:17 AM

Yes firemonkey, Im stuck also in paragroup R-Z283*

I have done big Y and uploaded BAM to YFull, its only because no others like me have done these deep Next Gen Y seq as of yet, from the STR Y67 seems Im closely related to many Eustace family in Ireland, who at least claim Norman decent,

although I am doubtful as I have a suspicion that my subclade might have been brought from the Baltic area,
Possibly with the Vikings.

Sorry just noticed this was for E discussion, but will leave it up, as it answers the question generically.