PDA

View Full Version : LivingDNA Partnering with FindMyPast

AntG
07-19-2018, 03:32 PM
Joint venture now announced between LivingDNA and FindMyPast.
See https://www.findmypast.com/ancestry-dna-testing/
There is a link on there to upload for free... it will be for matching AND ethnicity. Free to upload before 1st Oct and results by 1st Nov.

I suspect the partnership will swell the database that LDNA will have for matching...

sktibo
07-20-2018, 01:12 AM
Finally some good news. It looks like the matching will be free and the estimate will cost extra. I wonder if those of us who uploaded data in the past and are still awaiting those to go through will have to re upload?

timberwolf
07-20-2018, 03:01 AM
Delete

Sorted the problem.

Exosuits
07-24-2018, 03:36 AM
Finally some good news. It looks like the matching will be free and the estimate will cost extra. I wonder if those of us who uploaded data in the past and are still awaiting those to go through will have to re upload?

My brother emailed them asking if the ethnicity estimates would cost extra because he was concerned about the wording on the offer. A customer rep replied to him and said that all ethnicity breakdowns will be free if you upload before October 1st.

timberwolf
07-24-2018, 04:29 AM
My brother emailed them asking if the ethnicity estimates would cost extra because he was concerned about the wording on the offer. A customer rep replied to him and said that all ethnicity breakdowns will be free if you upload before October 1st.

Did the customer rep say anything about Ethnicity estimates for people who uploaded data, last year?

Exosuits
07-24-2018, 06:17 AM
Did the customer rep say anything about Ethnicity estimates for people who uploaded data, last year?

I emailed customer service about that in light of this new development and have yet to receive a response.

Exosuits
07-24-2018, 03:29 PM
I just received this from customer service. I dunno, all of a sudden matching made available for everyone next month is sounding like a bit of a stretch

Hi,

If you've signed up to be part of our Beta testing, then you can expect to receive more information in August this year.

We plan to release Family Networks to small groups of people in phases, whilst taking into account your feedback so that we can work with you to better the experience.

Many thanks

FionnSneachta
07-24-2018, 05:38 PM

This is what Living DNA posted on Twitter:

@findmypast partnership - includes access to our #FamilyNetworks product & #ancestry breakdown for a limited period. It's exclusive to FMP/Living DNA transfer customers. Also, we are accepting uploads via the One Family research project but they will receive Family Networks only.

It doesn't sound like every customer will get the ethnicity estimate. It must be just everyone that uploaded between the announcement and 1st October.

agil
07-24-2018, 07:03 PM
I already uploaded to Living DNA from 23andMe. Is this the same?

AntG
07-24-2018, 07:28 PM
LDNA posted this today on their FB page...

"Find My Past partnership - includes access to our Family Networks product & ancestry breakdown for a limited period. It's exclusive to FMP/Living DNA transfer customers. Also, we are accepting uploads via the One Family research project but they will receive Family Networks only."

jelliedsoup
07-24-2018, 10:21 PM
Does anyone know how long it takes to process? I've uploaded my AncestryDNA results, and it's been awaiting testing for a few days. I didn't think it would take long for them to process this, unless they've been inundated?

AntG
07-24-2018, 10:35 PM
Does anyone know how long it takes to process? I've uploaded my AncestryDNA results, and it's been awaiting testing for a few days. I didn't think it would take long for them to process this, unless they've been inundated?

The DNA matching hasn't gone live yet so no-one has received results on transfers. I'm hoping that those who uploaded with One Family One World a while back will go live in August when I hope the matching will go live. Those uploading via the new FMP/LivingDNA link; I believe it is November...

Dimanto
07-24-2018, 10:42 PM
Where can I upload the raw data?

AntG
07-24-2018, 10:46 PM
Where can I upload the raw data?

The FMP/LDNA upload link is https://my.livingdna.com/upload/start?referrer=d24d0f72-4451-4e35-ac18-9753be149e75
The One Family One World link is https://www.livingdna.com/one-family/research

timberwolf
07-24-2018, 11:06 PM
The FMP/LDNA upload link is https://my.livingdna.com/upload/start?referrer=d24d0f72-4451-4e35-ac18-9753be149e75

I uploaded one kit to the FMP/LDNA link, you still have to tick the ethnicity box to receive it.

Dimanto
07-25-2018, 12:21 AM

Thanks mate!

sktibo
07-25-2018, 02:47 AM
I guess I've got to find out how to delete my one world uploads then

timberwolf
07-25-2018, 02:50 AM

Yes I have the same idea. They have to do it I think.

jonahst
07-25-2018, 03:04 AM
I uploaded one kit to the FMP/LDNA link, you still have to tick the ethnicity box to receive it.

I uploaded my kit to this, but I don't remember seeing a place to tick the ethnicity box.

timberwolf
07-25-2018, 03:27 AM
I uploaded my kit to this, but I don't remember seeing a place to tick the ethnicity box.

I had to create an new account and when I came to the upload page there was a box at the top of the form with ethnicity. I clicked on it and a tick came up.

AntG
07-25-2018, 06:53 AM

Maybe sit on that; if One World matching goes live next month and you delete, you may have to wait until Nov for the FMP/LDNA results!

ph2ter
07-25-2018, 11:41 AM
What will happen if you upload your data by using both links (that's what I already did)?

sktibo
07-25-2018, 12:22 PM
Maybe sit on that; if One World matching goes live next month and you delete, you may have to wait until Nov for the FMP/LDNA results!

the ethnicity estimate is what I'm really after, I am happy to wait for the matching.. Plus dealing with extra accounts sounds like a bit of a pain!

JimB
07-25-2018, 05:33 PM
I did the raw DNA upload using the first link for the FMP partnership.

My status says:
"Welcome to Living DNA.

Thank you for choosing to be part of the One Family One World Project.

The purpose of the project is to help scientific research, and ultimately build a global family tree."

Is everyone else seeing this "One Family One World Project" status message?

Boudicca
07-28-2018, 01:31 PM
I've just set up a LivingDNA account via the Findmypast link above but there's nowhere on my homepage to upload my data? Has anyone else had the same problem?

AntG
07-30-2018, 09:38 AM
I've just set up a LivingDNA account via the Findmypast link above but there's nowhere on my homepage to upload my data? Has anyone else had the same problem?

Try using the link again, sign in and see if it is in the top line menu...

euromutt
08-02-2018, 11:10 PM
Ive just checked my test for the One World project, and my estimated date of completion is gone. It was August 6th but now theres no area for a completion date.

Maybe due to an influx of uploads?

AntG
08-03-2018, 06:29 AM
I’ve just checked my test for the One World project, and my estimated date of completion is gone. It was August 6th but now there’s no area for a completion date.

Maybe due to an influx of uploads?

Mine too but there is a new text box...

"Welcome to Living DNA.
Thank you for uploading your DNA file; we’re excited to process your results and provide insights into your DNA.

By uploading your DNA file to Living DNA, you will have the option to participate in our One Family, One World project, as well as Family Networks and your unique ethnicity results.

To say thank you for your support, each uploader from now until October 31st, 2018 will soon be able to choose to see how they match and connect to other Living DNA participants. This feature is rolling out to small groups of users at a time, starting August 8th, 2018.

We hope you enjoy finding, connecting with people all over the world.

David Nicholson & Hannah Morden

Co Founders - Living DNA"

sktibo
08-05-2018, 03:38 PM
Delete

Solothurn
08-06-2018, 11:38 AM
I have included the links again for convenience with a couple of tips :)

https://www.findmypast.co.uk/ancestry-dna-testing/

The link from the above brings up this link to upload.

https://my.livingdna.com/upload/star...3-7a07c9600ba1

Please be aware that the upload needs to be unzipped. I used 7zipper and uploaded all my managed kits. Gmail allows fresh emails by just adding +??? after name before the @, this enables the said fresh emails. Good luck :)

Amerijoe
08-06-2018, 02:14 PM
Received the following email from David Nicholson in regards to beta testing. This is to my Aunt.

ValerieAnne
08-06-2018, 02:25 PM
I also received the above e-mail.

I uploaded my 23andMe results using the partnership. I didn't need to make anew account or anything, it just uploaded it/added it to my tests. I'm wondering if I should download/delete my original one uploaded in Feb (the Ancestry test) and reupload to get the breakdown as well though.

I'm wondering as I also have this message on the Feb 25 kit (Ancestry)

Welcome to Living DNA.
Thank you for uploading your DNA file; were excited to process your results and provide insights into your DNA.

By uploading your DNA file to Living DNA, you will have the option to participate in our One Family, One World project, as well as Family Networks and your unique ethnicity results.

To say thank you for your support, each uploader from now until October 31st, 2018 will soon be able to choose to see how they match and connect to other Living DNA participants. This feature is rolling out to small groups of users at a time, starting August 8th, 2018.

Co Founders - Living DNA

peejay
08-07-2018, 10:07 AM
I didn't get a tick box or any mention of ethnicity

Solothurn
08-07-2018, 10:58 AM
I uploaded all my managed kits and decided to re-upload my mum's. As afraid the original wouldn't get the ethnicity breakdown, if at all. Out of all the kits, the re-upload got the beta participation letter!

What will happen if you upload your data by using both links (that's what I already did)?

FionnSneachta
08-07-2018, 12:52 PM
I uploaded all my managed kits and decided to re-upload my mum's. As afraid the original wouldn't get the ethnicity breakdown, if at all. Out of all the kits, the re-upload got the beta participation letter!

What did the email say? Is it the same as this?

Were really excited to give you a little update on our new Family networks feature.

From August we will be opening up Family Networks to our first pioneering group of Beta testers.

We will then be inviting further carefully selected groups to join the testing. This means we can take our valuable customer feedback to develop and improve our service before a wider public release.

We will be back in touch with you soon with additional updates.

I had just thought that this was a general email informing everyone of it but maybe you got a different email.

omgpeeps
08-07-2018, 01:13 PM
Awesome, thanks for sharing! I'm really excited about what I'll get out of this =).

ph2ter
08-07-2018, 02:54 PM
What did the email say? Is it the same as this?

Were really excited to give you a little update on our new Family networks feature.

From August we will be opening up Family Networks to our first pioneering group of Beta testers.

We will then be inviting further carefully selected groups to join the testing. This means we can take our valuable customer feedback to develop and improve our service before a wider public release.

We will be back in touch with you soon with additional updates.

I had just thought that this was a general email informing everyone of it but maybe you got a different email.
I didn't get such mail. It looks that only the chosen one get it.
I got only welcome information:
"Thank you for uploading your DNA file; were excited to process your results and provide insights into your DNA.By uploading your DNA file to Living DNA, you will have the option to participate in our One Family, One World project, as well as Family Networks and your unique ethnicity results.
We hope you enjoy finding, connecting with people all over the world."

FionnSneachta
08-07-2018, 05:43 PM
I didn't get such mail. It looks that only the chosen one get it.
I got only welcome information:
"Thank you for uploading your DNA file; we’re excited to process your results and provide insights into your DNA.By uploading your DNA file to Living DNA, you will have the option to participate in our One Family, One World project, as well as Family Networks and your unique ethnicity results.
We hope you enjoy finding, connecting with people all over the world."

It looks like I must be in the beta group then. I wasn't sure since the email didn't explicitly state that I was but I must be if not everyone is getting it. This email was for my kit that I got in 2017. My mum and dad didn't get it but I only transferred their results last week. It will be interesting to see what matches I get since I don't expect to match too many people or at least anyone very closely. It will be interesting to see if I'll be able to view the family networks tomorrow. Although you never know, since there's the Irish DNA project a few people could have tested who I happen to be related to. I also got this message when I logged into my account yesterday:

You are one of the first people to receive DNA results from us.

One of the features of our product is that your results will continue to be updated and refined with more research - meaning some parts of your results may still be in processing. If this is the case you'll see it on this page.

Living DNA will have a whole host of features that are being rolled out in the coming months. The information we provide you with will continue to expand, so please look out for updates by email and in this portal.

We always welcome feedback and suggestions and do let us know if you experience any technical difficulties viewing results.

I wonder if that has to do with me being in the Irish research project or if it has to do with the family networks.

Idwaajeden
08-07-2018, 06:46 PM
If I upload my AncestryDNA raw data file in TXT format will it work? Do they give ethnic summary for free?

FionnSneachta
08-07-2018, 07:03 PM
If I upload my AncestryDNA raw data file in TXT format will it work? Do they give ethnic summary for free?

Yes it works if you upload the Ancestry file in the txt format. They are supposed to provide everyone an ethnic summary for free if they upload between the announcement and before 1st October 2018. You're supposed to receive the ethnicity estimate by 1st November 2018 so don't expect to get it too quickly.

timberwolf
08-07-2018, 08:06 PM
It looks like I must be in the beta group then. I wasn't sure since the email didn't explicitly state that I was but I must be if not everyone is getting it. This email was for my kit that I got in 2017. My mum and dad didn't get it but I only transferred their results last week. It will be interesting to see what matches I get since I don't expect to match too many people or at least anyone very closely. It will be interesting to see if I'll be able to view the family networks tomorrow. Although you never know, since there's the Irish DNA project a few people could have tested who I happen to be related to. I also got this message when I logged into my account yesterday:

I wonder if that has to do with me being in the Irish research project or if it has to do with the family networks.

Did you apply to be part of the beta group? I did and I received the email.

FionnSneachta
08-07-2018, 08:41 PM
Did you apply to be part of the beta group? I did and I received the email.

Yes, I applied to be a part of the beta group. Is the email that you received the same as what I got or did it clearly state that you were part of the beta group? Maybe I'm just supposed to assume that I'm one of the beta pioneers since I applied for it.

czl
08-07-2018, 09:09 PM
Ah this is so exciting! Just uploaded my dna now, lets see what will come!

ATjunior1
08-07-2018, 09:12 PM
I recieved the email. I uploaded my 23andme V5 Raw Dna Data last October.

timberwolf
08-07-2018, 09:57 PM
Yes, I applied to be a part of the beta group. Is the email that you received the same as what I got or did it clearly state that you were part of the beta group? Maybe I'm just supposed to assume that I'm one of the beta pioneers since I applied for it.

Yes exactly the same. I am assuming that the roll out starts maybe tomorrow? It does say August 8th.

czl
08-09-2018, 01:02 AM
How long did it take dna upload results to come back? I find most of the other sites giving them back in a day or two.

Idwaajeden
08-13-2018, 03:37 AM
I upload my raw data file to LivingDNA last week, when I can expect get some results from them?

Idwaajeden
08-13-2018, 03:49 AM
Order Date: 7 August 2018

Test Reference:

Test Type: DNA Ancestry Test

Welcome to Living DNA.

Thank you for uploading your DNA file; we’re excited to process your results and provide insights into your DNA.

Co Founders - Living DNA

ValerieAnne
08-13-2018, 04:07 AM
Uploaded my Ancestry results in Febuary and my 23andMe results last week. I also received the Beta testing e-mail, mentioned earlier (for my Ancestry test). I'm still waiting for my results, for both tests. So, I'm not sure how they are picking when to update people, as I've seen a few people that said they uploaded their DNA in 2017 and are still waiting.

timberwolf
08-13-2018, 04:15 AM
I upload my raw data file to LivingDNA last week, when I can expect get some results from them?

I think maybe before November 1st, as far as an ancestry estimate is concerned.

Family networks hopefully very soon.

Idwaajeden
08-13-2018, 04:24 AM
I think maybe before November 1st, as far as an ancestry estimate is concerned.

Family networks hopefully very soon.

Ok sounds good hopefully they keep word and deliver results in time window they said, results for Eastern Europeans shows more specifics than some other commercial company from the ones I viewed.

JFWinstone
11-15-2018, 12:32 PM
Anyone had results from the find my past upload promotion yet?

JFWinstone
11-16-2018, 03:54 PM
This is the answer someone on Facebook got when they asked for an ETA on the ethnicity results for the upload:

"To celebrate the partnership with Find My Past Living DNA wanted to do something
special and we set about developing the ability to provide results from existing raw data that has been uploaded to us so that we could offer you Ancestry results free of charge.

This is not something that has ever been done by Living DNA before as previously all results have been provided to our customers by testing on our own chip. It has been an exciting and pioneering project for the science team to understand the existing raw data produced on different chips and make sure that they interpret it correctly.

When you uploaded your Raw Data you may have been advised that if you upload your Raw Data to us by the 1st of October free of charge then we would share your ancestry results with you by the 1st of November.

The offer of free results has been incredibly popular and there has been a huge take-up. This means we have had lots and lots of data to interpret and sadly it has not been possible for us to meet the estimated date causing a delay in the results being issued to all customers. We have updated the information given when uploading as soon as we realized that this could be the case.

We understand that this is frustrating and appreciate your patience whilst eagerly awaiting your results.

The science team is continuing to process all Raw Data and although we are not able to give you a completion date at this point we are confident that we will be releasing results very soon."

firemonkey
11-16-2018, 06:00 PM
"Very soon" . 2019 or 2020 ? ;)

timberwolf
11-16-2018, 06:54 PM
"Very soon" . 2019 or 2020 ? ;)

If someone had of given me a dollar for every time LivingDNA has used the term very soon, I would now be a millionaire.

Every other company can produce ancestry results within 1-2 days, from uploaded data, the fact that this lot cannot, makes them rather special.

Call me a cynic, but there is room in their statement, for them to say that due to technical difficulties, they won't be able to give ancestry estimates. Sorry about that, but thanks for your raw data.

I am thinking they made a lot of their promises, without having a clear idea of how they were going to achieve their goals.

ianz91
11-16-2018, 06:56 PM
"Very soon" . 2089 ? ;)

There ya go, fixed it :D

shazou
11-22-2018, 03:21 PM
My results thru the FindMyPast partnership upload:

https://i.imgur.com/LWkV1FW.jpg

firemonkey
11-22-2018, 04:01 PM
No ethnicity estimate for me with the Find my past upload.

timberwolf
11-22-2018, 10:15 PM
No ethnicity estimate for me with the Find my past upload.

The same here mate.

I did check 23andme and a woman posted on there, that she has received an ancestry estimate with her upload.

So at least some people have received it. A good sign??????????

JFWinstone
11-22-2018, 10:33 PM
Nothing for us yet but good to see that it is starting to come through for some people.

sktibo
11-24-2018, 04:36 AM
I can't believe the ethnicity estimates are actually coming through. Pleased to see it. Now I'd love to see some results from more of our familiar forumites.

Thracian88
11-24-2018, 04:43 AM
I got my results yesterday. It seems identical with 23andMe.

firemonkey
11-24-2018, 05:10 AM
I hate this thing where a few results dribble through, and one is left waiting ages.

sktibo
11-24-2018, 07:33 AM
Some people have been able to modify the URL to make it so their ethnicity estimates appear:

https://my.livingdna.com/my-tests/ancestry?uuid= [your ID number]

Grandparent information must be entered under the research tab and it looks like this is only working for people who uploaded before August.
This did not work for me with an August 14 upload date.

firemonkey
11-24-2018, 07:40 AM
Some people have been able to modify the URL to make it so their ethnicity estimates appear:

https://my.livingdna.com/my-tests/ancestry?uuid= [your ID number]

Grandparent information must be entered under the research tab and it looks like this is only working for people who uploaded before August.
This did not work for me with an August 14 upload date.

I uploaded on July 19th. It just takes me back to Family networks page. It's going to be a long wait for results.

timberwolf
11-24-2018, 07:42 AM
Did not wok for me, uploaded July 20

timberwolf
11-24-2018, 07:45 AM
Just get an error has occurred.

JFWinstone
11-24-2018, 10:38 AM
Worked for me :)

Mine

Complete:

Global:
Europe : 85.7%
Africa: 8.5%
Asia East: 5.8%

Regional:
Europe (North and West): 55.6%
Great Britain and Ireland: 30.1%
East Africa: 5.1%
Yorubaland: 3.4%
South China: 5.8%

Subregions:

Germanic - 55.6%
South England - 20.2%
Ireland - 8.2%
Devon - 1.7%
East Africa - 5.1%
Yorubaland - 3.4%
South China - 5.8%

Cautious

Regional

Scotland/Ireland related ancestry - 55.6%
Great Britain and Ireland - 30.1%
East Africa - 5.1%
Yorubaland - 3.4%
South China - 5.8%

Subregions

Scotland/Ireland related ancestry - 55.6%
South England related ancestry - 21.9%
South Wales related ancestry - 8.2%
East Africa - 5.1%
Yorubaland - 3.4%
South China - 5.8%

timberwolf
11-24-2018, 10:45 AM
Europe 100%
Great Britain and Ireland 90.6%
Cornwall 44%
Ireland 14%
East Anglia 10.8%
South Central England 7.5%
Lincolnshire 3.2%
Southeast England 2.2%
South Wales 2.1%
North Yorkshire 2.1%
Central England 1.8%
South Yorkshire 1.7%
Devon 1%
Europe (South) 9.4%
Iberian Peninsula 9.4%

JFWinstone
11-24-2018, 10:50 AM
Mum

Europe - 60%
Africa - 16.7%
Asia East - 15.2%
Asia South - 8%

Great Britain and Ireland - 49.6%
Europe (North and West) - 10.4%
East Africa - 8.9%
Yorubaland - 7.9%
South China - 15.2%
Pashtun - 3.3%
Indian subcontinent - 2.8%
Sindh - 1.9%

South England - 37%
Southeast England - 6.8%
Devon - 4.5%
East Anglia - 1.4%
Germanic - 10.4%

Fungene
11-24-2018, 11:48 AM
I got my results yesterday. It seems identical with 23andMe.

Just out of curiosity: how did LivingDNA classify East Balkans in Cautious?

sktibo
11-24-2018, 11:50 AM
Europe 100%
Cornwall 44%
Ireland 14%
East Anglia 10.8%
South Central England 7.5%
Lincolnshire 3.2%
Southeast England 2.2%
South Wales 2.1%
North Yorkshire 2.1%
Central England 1.8%
South Yorkshire 1.7%
Devon 1%
Europe (South) 9.4%
Iberian Peninsula 9.4%

post your other set of results to compare please

sktibo
11-24-2018, 12:04 PM
Just got mine to work:

The results for my British Isles breakdown on my upload are superior to my actual test, in relation to known paper trail. I can't help but think as one of the earlier testers (I ordered my kit as soon as it was available) that there were some problems. Strangely I still have a really high Northumbrian percentage. The Aberdeenshire percentage is way too high as well, and while thankfully a Central England percentage finally appears it is still far too low (should be 12.5.) Trying to get the uploads for my parents to show so I can see if these oddities appear on theirs as well.
In bold are places my ancestors have lived but I do not have on my original Living DNA test.

NEW Complete Mode:

Northumbria: 22.8
Aberdeenshire: 19
Northwest Scotland: 15.3
South England: 8.5
South Central England: 4.7
Southwest Scotland and Northern Ireland: 4.6
Cumbria: 4.4
Ireland: 4.3
Central England 3
South Wales: 1.7
Devon: 1.4
Orkney: 1.4
Lincolnshire: 1.2
North Yorkshire: 1.1

East Balkans: 5.1

Mesoamerica: 1.4

OLD Complete Mode:

Northumbria: 42.1
Aberdeenshire: 11.5
Devon: 5.6
South England: 5.2
South Central England: 4.4
South Wales: 2.8
Cumbria: 2.4
East Anglia: 2.2
SE England: 2.1
Orkney: 1.9
Cornwall: 1.5

Scandinavia: 7.2

Baltics: 1.3
Finland / West Russia: 1.2
West Balkans: 1.1
Iberian Peninsula: 1.2

Kurdish: 1.4

Mesoamerica: 1.7

NEW Standard Mode:

Northumbria 22.8
Aberdeen 19
South England 8.5
South Central England 4.7
SW Scotland and NI 4.6
Cumbria 4.4
Ireland 4.3
Central England 3
South Wales 1.7
Devon 1.4
Orkney 1.4
Lincolnshire 1.2
GB & I Unassigned 16.4

East Balkans 5.1

Mesoamerica 1.4

OLD Standard Mode:

Northumbria 42.1
Aberdeen 11.5
Devon 5.6
South England 5.2
South Central England 4.4
South Wales 2.8
Cumbria 2.4
SE England 2.1
Orkney 1.9
GB & I Unassigned 3.7

Europe Unassigned 12

NW Caucasus 3.1

Mesoamerica 1.7

World Unassigned 1.4

I was really curious if an upload would better match my paper trail than the test I took at launch. It still isn't close, giving me over 90% Britain and Ireland, but at least the percentages from places I actually trace my ancestors to appear. The oddly high Northumbrian percentage is still a problem, but being halved on the upload is far better than what I got with my actual test (paper trail ancestry from Northumbria is 3% - Roxburghshire.) The Aberdeenshire percentage becomes more ridiculous (paper trail ancestry from Aberdeenshire is either 3% or 1.5%, and is uncertain) with the upload. However, Central England shows up, which is important as I have a great-grandparent born in Derbyshire whose ancestry is traceable to the 1600's in Central England; Derbyshire, Staffordshire, Nottinghamshire. A lot of my ancestry also comes from Northern Ireland, so it is good that, along with Ireland, showed up. There's also 1.5% traceable to Ayrshire on paper. On complete mode, North Yorkshire appears, and I have ancestors from there - IIRC around 3%. NW Scotland also makes an appearance on complete mode, if Stirling and Lowland Perthshire are included in this category then this percentage is close (should be around 12%), although only about 4.5% of my ancestry is Highland.

TL;DR

Big improvement with the upload, but still not even close to perfect, and certainly not better than Ancestry's latest update in my case.
I want to know if the improvement is due to problems with their early tests or if the lack of imputation produces a more accurate result.

FionnSneachta
11-24-2018, 12:21 PM
Just got mine to work:

Did you get it to work using https://my.livingdna.com/my-tests/ancestry?uuid=[your ID number]?

Before you got your results, was there an Ancestry tab present. I don't have an Ancestry tab for my kits. I only have Family Networks, Research and Test Details. I'm going to be worried that I haven't uploaded the tests correctly until I get the ethnicity estimates.

firemonkey
11-24-2018, 12:25 PM
Still nothing. I'm the same as Fionn.

sktibo
11-24-2018, 12:43 PM
Did you get it to work using https://my.livingdna.com/my-tests/ancestry?uuid=[your ID number]?

Before you got your results, was there an Ancestry tab present. I don't have an Ancestry tab for my kits. I only have Family Networks, Research and Test Details. I'm going to be worried that I haven't uploaded the tests correctly until I get the ethnicity estimates.

No tab, only Family Networks, Research, and Test details like yours. I got it to work with https://my.livingdna.com/my-tests/ancestry?uuid=[your ID number]

After I log out the ancestry tab disappears and I have to tweak the URL again to see it. It still isn't working for either parent. My test status says "DNA Uploaded"

If/when you get it to work screenshot before you sign out in case it becomes inaccessible IMO

Molfish
11-24-2018, 12:48 PM
I get a quick flash of 'Your Story Begins' before redirecting to the landing page.

sktibo
11-24-2018, 12:52 PM
I get a quick flash of 'Your Story Begins' before redirecting to the landing page.

Yeah that's what happened with mine earlier today, but tried it later and it worked. Try again in a couple hours IMO

Jojjo450
11-24-2018, 04:16 PM
I'm getting an error, and I uploaded on August 24th. I guess I'll try again later.

Exosuits
11-24-2018, 04:50 PM

On another forum, someone mentioned to click on My Tests -> Research -> Test Details
It loaded then the Ancestry tab popped up. It worked for me

firemonkey
11-24-2018, 04:57 PM
Find my past upload complete.

Paid upload complete.

FionnSneachta
11-24-2018, 05:12 PM
My mum's results came in. She got 100% Ireland. I can hardly believe it. Does this mean they're possibly doing updates for the Irish project?

I got access to the results by clicking on Research.

FionnSneachta
11-24-2018, 05:13 PM
I wonder if I emailed them about the difference between my results and my mum's, would it make them update mine quicker. I'm expecting that my dad's results should be something similar going by my mum's. Like sktibo, I wonder what my results would be like if I were to order a test now. However, if I was to ever get another test, I'd probably wait until after the release of the Irish sub-regions or it could be same situation again.

Arnaud Bzh
11-24-2018, 05:31 PM
Look pretty accurate for me but they need to add more french samples! The complete result give me Pasthun ancestry. Probably juste noise just like my 0.1% Native American in 23andme!

timberwolf
11-24-2018, 06:27 PM
post your other set of results to compare please

With the upload the cautious mode looks better

Europe 100%
Cornwall 44%
Northwest Scotland-related ancestry 14%
East Anglia 10.8%
South England-related ancestry 10.7%
Lincolnshire-related ancestry 5.1%
South Wales-related ancestry 2.1%
North Yorkshire-related ancestry 2.1%
South Yorkshire-related ancestry 1.7%
Iberian Peninsula-related ancestry 9.4%

Ireland disappears into NW Scotland

With my original

Europe 100%
Great Britain and Ireland 100%
Cornwall 51.7%
Lincolnshire 15.3%
South Central England 11.8%
Northwest Scotland 6.6%
East Anglia 4.6%
Southeast England 3.2%
South Wales 2%
Northumbria 2%
Devon 1.5%
Southwest Scotland and Northern Ireland 1.3%

Europe 100%
Great Britain and Ireland 100%
Cornwall-related ancestry 53.2%
East Anglia-related ancestry 23.1%
South Central England-related ancestry 11.8%
Northwest Scotland 6.6%
South Wales 2%
Great Britain and Ireland (unassigned) 3.3%

All in all my original results were better, with the upload I have a far stronger southern pull to my results. Iberia turns up in a rather significant way with 9.4

sktibo
11-24-2018, 06:50 PM
My mum's results came in. She got 100% Ireland. I can hardly believe it. Does this mean they're possibly doing updates for the Irish project?

I got access to the results by clicking on Research.

Wow! Can we be sure it isn't photoshopped? ;)
Unfortunately the research tab didn't work for my parents, was worth a try though. I didn't even think 100% Irish was possible. I do wonder if it is the imputation causing the problems... and is Imputation used in these uploads?

Arnaud Bzh
11-24-2018, 06:57 PM
I cautious mode, my iberian ancestry became orkney islands related ancestry. How can you explain that?

FionnSneachta
11-24-2018, 07:41 PM
Wow! Can we be sure it isn't photoshopped? ;)
Unfortunately the research tab didn't work for my parents, was worth a try though. I didn't even think 100% Irish was possible. I do wonder if it is the imputation causing the problems... and is Imputation used in these uploads?

It's still not working for my dad. Oddly enough, I need to click into research every time that I want to see my mum's ancestry. My mum's cautious is put down as Southwest-Scotland-related ancestry with Scotland shaded in as well. It will be interesting to see what my dad gets since his upload is coming from FTDNA rather than AncestryDNA so it could be a bit different based on that alone. At least I know now that his results will come in eventually so I can relax now knowing that I didn't do a mistake when uploading.

Garimund
11-24-2018, 07:47 PM
I can't believe the ethnicity estimates are actually coming through. Pleased to see it. Now I'd love to see some results from more of our familiar forumites.

I just did the upload. We'll see how long this takes.

JFWinstone
11-24-2018, 08:00 PM
For us it overestimated European, under estimated East/Southeast Asian and completely missed out south Asian altogether on mine. In comparison to all the others we’ve had done that is.

sktibo
11-24-2018, 08:10 PM
Find my past upload complete.

Paid upload complete.

Which set of results do you prefer?

jonahst
11-24-2018, 08:29 PM
Just got my and my parents' results! They're pretty diverse and mine is much more homogeneous. I think some of this is due to the uploads being from different companies. It also looks like they moved any NW European ancestry into "Iberian" and "Northeast Europe."

Me (FTDNA):
My dad (23andMe v5):
My mom (Ancestry):

My original results from Living DNA:

Thracian88
11-24-2018, 08:36 PM
Just out of curiosity: how did LivingDNA classify East Balkans in Cautious?

Fungene
11-24-2018, 08:43 PM
Thanks.
I get the same configuration for Aegean.

vettor
11-24-2018, 09:25 PM
Just got my and my parents' results! They're pretty diverse and mine is much more homogeneous. I think some of this is due to the uploads being from different companies. It also looks like they moved any NW European ancestry into "Iberian" and "Northeast Europe."

Me (FTDNA):
My dad (23andMe v5):
My mom (Ancestry):

My original results from Living DNA:

did you get a message they where ready ...........................I have been waiting over 13 months

jonahst
11-24-2018, 09:40 PM
did you get a message they where ready ...........................I have been waiting over 13 months

I did not. Go to your test and click on the "Research" button on the left.

The "Ancestry" section should then show up.

vettor
11-24-2018, 09:51 PM
I did not. Go to your test and click on the "Research" button on the left.

The "Ancestry" section should then show up.

thanks

but no luck

I still only have family networks ..........once I hit research on the previous screen

i get this only

Order Date: 27 October 2017
Test Reference: LT0103573A

jonahst
11-24-2018, 10:04 PM
thanks

but no luck

I still only have family networks ..........once I hit research on the previous screen

i get this only

Order Date: 27 October 2017
Test Reference: LT0103573A

Hm... well keep checking over the next few days, I'm sure yours will show up soon.

firemonkey
11-26-2018, 07:52 PM
Was surprised to find I'd done another upload on the 25th July. It's a fair contrast to the 19th July upload which I'll post second. Can't remember whose data I used for 25th July upload. Think 19th July was 23andMe. It seems with all the trumpeting of this service yet again these are results one needs to take with a pinch of salt.

TopLobster
12-01-2018, 03:53 PM
My brother got his ethnicity estimate on Monday 26 November from his 23andMe file uploaded through the FindMyPast affiliate link. I think he uploaded on the first day. I will post the results in the "Living DNA results" thread.

sktibo
12-03-2018, 09:39 AM
My parents results came through i did not have to re upload. Check your accounts to see if your results appear

FionnSneachta
12-03-2018, 05:31 PM
My parents results came through i did not have to re upload. Check your accounts to see if your results appear

Thanks for the heads up. Unfortunately, my dad hasn't got his results yet.

Garimund
12-03-2018, 06:16 PM

I wish I would’ve gotten on board with this a while ago. I uploaded November 24, who knows how many months I will have to wait. :\

Dibran
12-03-2018, 06:42 PM
Still no results for my mother or fathers upload. Only family networks. Disappointed. Mind you I uploaded in the very beginning.

sktibo
12-03-2018, 06:53 PM
I wish I would’ve gotten on board with this a while ago. I uploaded November 24, who knows how many months I will have to wait. :\

id love to see your results on it

firemonkey
12-04-2018, 10:10 AM
Well I thought of uploading my father's dna but although he'd have no problem letting me use his dna I doubt he'd personally want to join Living dna. Also even if he did I'm wondering how he'd give me permission to upload his data from my account. Just seems way too complicated to me.

Askye
12-05-2018, 06:22 AM
Uploaded many months ago, still only shows DNA Uploaded.

timberwolf
01-22-2019, 10:58 PM
Has anyone linked their results to findmypast yet?