PDA

View Full Version : A presence of fear(s)

utR!
08-17-2012, 06:47 PM
A fear can be our enemy but also can protect us in our life, health and so on.

We maybe shame of our fears, and there are some fears we do not know the roots for them or the situation we started to be afraid of something or someone. How to get rid of them?

Wikipedia said this of fear:

http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Fear

tuuli

Clinton P
08-17-2012, 07:52 PM
Apparently, we are born with only two fears:

The fear of falling
The fear of loud noises

All other fears are learned. :behindsofa:

Clinton P

MikeWhalen
08-17-2012, 09:24 PM
I dont pimp many books, but this is an excellent one on fear, how to deal with it, and how we should at times listen to it...'The Gift of Fear' ...Gavin De Becker (Author)

I am in Law Enforcment with a Clinical background, and have worked in a prison for 21+ yrs...this guy is brilliant in some of his analysis and recomondations on how to stay safe in certain situations
http://www.amazon.ca/The-Gift-Fear-Gavin-Becker/dp/0440226198

could be the best 10 bucks you ever spent, in imho

Mike

Scarlet Ibis
08-18-2012, 12:18 AM
As for how to get rid of fears, I want to say familiarity helps at certain times, but it's not always true for everything. For example, I was able to get over my childhood fear of deep water through my parents taking me to the beach constantly, and learning to swim. I don't think all the exposure therapy in the world could help me for things like my fear of bed bugs, roaches, etc., though.

utR!
08-18-2012, 10:21 AM
As for how to get rid of fears, I want to say familiarity helps at certain times, but it's not always true for everything. For example, I was able to get over my childhood fear of deep water through my parents taking me to the beach constantly, and learning to swim. I don't think all the exposure therapy in the world could help me for things like my fear of bed bugs, roaches, etc., though.

Was it also that you trusted your parents who took care of you with love? And how many still can not swim because of the fear of water + sink and then drown.

For my half I had an experience of sinking down and maybe then drowning in a pond which had soft bottom (no beach with sand). I was with my sisters and I could not swim (still wondering why I went into water). I started to sink down but luckily I got a grip of the small shaft of wood.

I learned very late to swim at age of 11 because of new swimming pool. There I did not stayed long time in children pool. Maybe I win my fear because of willing to learn to swim.

Also later we used to cycle to nearest lake (15 km from us) because we did not own a car.

utR!
08-18-2012, 10:28 AM
[QUOTE=Clinton P;730][LEFT]Apparently, we are born with only two fears:

The fear of falling
The fear of loud noises

That is something I need to think more. I have not studied much psychology at school.

What is a mechanism to learn a fear?

There are not always parents to comfort you when something scaring or terrible happens to you as child. Also there maybe memory collected in your subconsiuous you can not remember.

tuuli

Scarlet Ibis
08-19-2012, 03:21 AM
I also learned how to swim at a late age -- about 10 years old or so.

Honestly, I can't say I learned how to swim out of trust. My parents were never cruel to me about it, but I knew they weren't happy that I couldn't swim. I had to overcome my fear of deep water in order to avoid an even worse fear: social ridicule. :lol: I knew that if I didn't learn how to swim, I would always be a drag on my friends and family anytime we went to the beach or to a pool, which was often. I taught myself how to swim. I just kept going into the water, and trying to "doggie paddle" until it finally worked. Then, after that, it was easy to teach myself how to swim properly.

In the end, I'm glad it happened, though. Swimming is a rather important skill, especially for people who live in areas that are prone to flooding.

Sorry if I'm OT, btw, but I found what you said about swimming to be interesting.

utR!
08-19-2012, 06:17 AM
It's ok, swimming is enjoyable. Who knows if it was partly social fear not be accepted without a skill of swimming.

Your story reminded me of my swimming 'career'.

We had two kind of certificate at school a candinate and a master. I got both of them. In last one we had to dive over 20 m length I think I did 21 meters, swim 25 m with clothes and rubberboots on, also 25 m swim helping the other one like life-safing thing, also jumping down from either 3 or 5 m + swimming diffeernt styles under the time limit. Who know if some kind of fear of swimming motivated me to achieve those certificates do not know.

I did started with those doggy paddle and I must say I was slow swimmer some time because it was so rare to get to lake or swimmin pool.

Now I do use swimming belt and walk or run in the water because it is much better position for your neck and shoulders.

Best

utR!
08-22-2012, 04:35 PM
There are also fear of life and death? Are they biggest one in our lifes? I have thought it many times.

How it can be seen in your life when your fear this life?

tuuli

God Child
08-22-2012, 06:41 PM
Apparently, we are born with only two fears:

The fear of falling
The fear of loud noises

Clinton P

I disagree with this... I think it can differ amongst individuals. For example, me and a lot of my family (siblings, cousins, etc) had a natural fear of snakes, dogs, etc as children. I was even scared of mascots/anybody in an animal costume. After all, a lot of animal species have natural "fears" of major predators even when they're babies. Fear varies from individual to individual and it's usually a fear of the unfamiliar.

God Child
08-22-2012, 06:45 PM
I also learned how to swim at a late age -- about 10 years old or so.

Honestly, I can't say I learned how to swim out of trust. My parents were never cruel to me about it, but I knew they weren't happy that I couldn't swim. I had to overcome my fear of deep water in order to avoid an even worse fear: social ridicule. :lol: I knew that if I didn't learn how to swim, I would always be a drag on my friends and family anytime we went to the beach or to a pool, which was often. I taught myself how to swim. I just kept going into the water, and trying to "doggie paddle" until it finally worked. Then, after that, it was easy to teach myself how to swim properly.

In the end, I'm glad it happened, though. Swimming is a rather important skill, especially for people who live in areas that are prone to flooding.

Sorry if I'm OT, btw, but I found what you said about swimming to be interesting.

Lmao... exactly how I learned to swim. Everybody was playing shark in the deep end. Took me 2 days at the pool that summer to get over my fears and jump in to the 10 feet section, haha!

Artemis
08-22-2012, 07:59 PM
I disagree with this... I think it can differ amongst individuals. For example, me and a lot of my family (siblings, cousins, etc) had a natural fear of snakes, dogs, etc as children. I was even scared of mascots/anybody in an animal costume. After all, a lot of animal species have natural "fears" of major predators even when they're babies. Fear varies from individual to individual and it's usually a fear of the unfamiliar.

Yes but if your parents displayed a certain fear towards certain animals, wouldn't it be learned from them, even if it is subconscious imprint? I agree though that fear of the unknown should be on the list of innate fears because paired with natural curiosity, would probably be the most useful for survival. If you're cautious about what you're observing you can learn from it without risking your life.

God Child
08-22-2012, 08:54 PM
Yes but if your parents displayed a certain fear towards certain animals, wouldn't it be learned from them, even if it is subconscious imprint? I agree though that fear of the unknown should be on the list of innate fears because paired with natural curiosity, would probably be the most useful for survival. If you're cautious about what you're observing you can learn from it without risking your life.

I get the subconscious part, etc. But I'm talking about fears that parents don't even display. I never witnessed my mother's fear of dogs until I was around 4 years old. When my lil sister was born I was older and we didn't exhibit any fear of snakes since they aren't a common pest. And we most definitely didn't exhibit any fear of people in costumes, lmao!

Scarlet Ibis
08-23-2012, 05:03 AM
I was even scared of mascots/anybody in an animal costume.

http://wickedlilpixie.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/evil-easter-bunny.jpg :biggrin1:

utR!
08-23-2012, 05:10 PM
http://wickedlilpixie.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/evil-easter-bunny.jpg :biggrin1:

Huh what a picture.....

utR!
10-07-2012, 01:56 PM
I popped in the internet I tried to find a suitable list of fobias which may be updated or who knows if somebody find even more newer on?

http://health-wise.hubpages.com/hub/commonphobias

tuuli

utR!
12-08-2012, 07:05 AM
Are you afraid of an eternal hell? Can you say for sure is it or not? There is a serie titled "What happens in hell" in youtube if you are unsure of a hell and also evil in this world around us. Hell is much much more terrible than the horrow movies.

Is it natural to fear something which is eternal? Is it present deep in your mind and thoughts? Myself it was ages ago because it was a fear of death and life after. It just came quite suddenly to my understanding.

tuuli

basque
12-08-2012, 09:40 PM
:eek: My biggest fear is being homeless, I spent most of my 20`s living in bedsits and sometimes wondered how I was going to pay the rent, the fear is always there no matter how well off I am.

I also fear losing my hair & teeth :fear:

basque:rolleyes:

Clinton P
12-08-2012, 11:08 PM
“ Our primal response to danger is part of what has kept us alive. But our capacity to imagine the future can turn it pathological.”

Clinton P

utR!
12-09-2012, 06:36 AM
“ Our primal response to danger is part of what has kept us alive. But our capacity to imagine the future can turn it pathological.”

Clinton P

Yes first part of your answer is true.

But we all die and it is not pathological at all. It is more serious if you do not care any more. Then you loose your sensitivity to this life. Perhaps fear to live too. There is still time to change attitudes and values and aim to something you are ment to be here. We are used to hear so many lies that even something which is vital and good for you does not any more intrest people. I think very bad times wake people to realise and then fear is present in many area of life.

Phil75231
12-11-2012, 03:53 AM
Fear of heights can be overcome in three ways I know of, depending on the gravity of the situation

1. The gradual approach. Easiest and most straight-forward in theory, though in practice it is hard to find what I'm about to say. Find a rope 20 feet (about 6 meters) long attached to a ceiling, then make it a goal to gradually pull your self up it. Say, 5 feet (150 or so cm) off the ground, then move yourself up about about 20 to 30 centimeters or so (about 6 to 12 inches), until you get accustomed to that height. Then determine to go up another foot (30 cm) next time, and keep going that high until you're likewise accustomed to that height. Wash, Rinse, Repeat. Eventually, you'll get to 20 feet

2. If for fun (like parasailing at the end of 400 feet of rope), just look straight forward - eyes slightly above the horizon, but the horizon still in your field of view. Then stay looking at it for several minutes until your mind gets acclimated to the situation (might work, although still you shouldn't look down until you have plenty of experience with dealing with such a tall height)

3. If for work, just focus on your job. focus your eyes on the task at hand, then just do the job. Here, you have to really make a conscious and deliberate decision to overcome your fear of heights. Slow and easy usually does it.

utR!
12-12-2012, 05:01 PM
Hi Phil!

That was something for someone who is afraid of high places. Gradually and slowly one can overcome a fair or at least stand it somehow. I do not know for sure is it same as a fear of flying in a plane or to be compared with? I have heard you can attend to a course and maybe it helps.

When we were young we used to climb to trees very big ones also and you got to used to trust your skills and muscles. One New year I remember well. We climbed nearly to the top of the huge thick and long tree (kuusi). It was then something special to watch fireworks far away in the horizon. Silence was awesome I do miss of those times.

tuuli

utR!
03-10-2013, 11:12 AM
Have you thought about a fear of rejection? Is it learned? And how it does harm your life?

Pleasing without wanting it is there that fear behind?

Some ideas in this article:

http://phobias.about.com/od/phobiaslist/a/What-Is-The-Fear-Of-Rejection.htm

utR!

Clinton P
04-10-2013, 11:22 AM
Frog-Phobic Man Awarded $1.6 Million After Flood Brings Frogs

“CLARENCE, N.Y. — Paul Marinaccio Sr. traces his fear of frogs to a childhood incident in Italy when a man holding bullfrogs chased him away after he'd wandered from the vineyard where his parents worked.”

Clinton P

utR!
04-10-2013, 01:52 PM
[QUOTE=Clinton P;4983]

“CLARENCE, N.Y. — Paul Marinaccio Sr. traces his fear of frogs to a childhood incident in Italy when a man holding bullfrogs chased him away after he'd wandered from the vineyard where his parents worked.”

Clinton P[/QUOTE

Would be interesting to read the article if possible?

I have never really liked frogs but small one are not so bad. If I'm not wrong you can eat frogs hmm.:suspicious:

Clinton P
04-10-2013, 10:23 PM

I have never really liked frogs but small one are not so bad. If I'm not wrong you can eat frogs hmm.

Click here (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/08/frog-phobic-man-awarded-million-after-flooding_n_3039364.html?ref=topbar) to read more about this story.

Clinton P

basque
04-11-2013, 09:47 PM
[QUOTE=Clinton P;4983]

Clinton P[/QUOTE

I have never really liked frogs but small one are not so bad. If I'm not wrong you can eat frogs hmm.:suspicious:

Clinton P and utR

I am quite fond of frogs I dont think they should be eaten :nono: I am terrified of wasps, bee`s and giant hornets.

basque :rolleyes:

Clinton P
04-12-2013, 08:00 PM
I am terrified of wasps, bee`s and giant hornets.

Is it a fear of being stung by wasps, bee`s and giant hornets or a fear of the insects themselves?

Clinton P

basque
04-12-2013, 09:09 PM
Is it a fear of being stung by wasps, bee`s and giant hornets or a fear of the insects themselves?

Clinton P

Clinton P

It is more a fear of the insects themsleves, I dont mind bumble bears they are cute a furry. A few years ago I was sat in the house and heard strange loud buzzing noises next thing a swarm of bees were coming down the chimney it was horrific :eek: I boarded up the fireplace with a large cardboard box and sealed it with gaffa tape. They were then trying to break through the gaffa tape:faint: someone came round a got rid of them. Hornets scare me the most because of their size. I have never been stung.

I like spiders and all other creepy crawlies.

basque :rolleyes:

utR!
04-20-2013, 04:29 PM
I found a youtube video of quite a terrible fear of frogs. When I watched it I was thinking is this real she was so hysteric...

Video is not good quality....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AaLvvw2_MYI

Last summer I was picking blueberries and suddenly I was stung by wasp or bee in my left elbow. I hurted quite a long time. But after that I just kept on picking berries. It would have sound funny me screaming in the middle of the forest :fear: rolleyes:

utR!
07-22-2013, 06:06 PM
Hi there!

I was picking rasberries which is works I do somehow like. I forgot almost all the things difficult which need to be solved. Also it is fresh air and nature which makes me somehow alive after working day.

But one of things which is not so funny snail, the more it rains the more there are snails hunging in rasberries, leaves. Some are really big ones. One of my friend crusches them under the feet and it is disguisting sound. She is more fearless than I'm. But snails does not stop picking berries.

Is there anybody else who does fear/not like snails?

:eek:

utR!

basque
07-23-2013, 07:42 PM
Hi there!

I was picking rasberries which is works I do somehow like. I forgot almost all the things difficult which need to be solved. Also it is fresh air and nature which makes me somehow alive after working day.

But one of things which is not so funny snail, the more it rains the more there are snails hunging in rasberries, leaves. Some are really big ones. One of my friend crusches them under the feet and it is disguisting sound. She is more fearless than I'm. But snails does not stop picking berries.

Is there anybody else who does fear/not like snails?

:eek:

utR!

It is quite common for people not to like snails mainly because they eat everything in the garden and because they are slimey. But I have to say I like them and will move them out of harms way so they dont get trodden on. What is it about them that you fear or not like?

Better then a giant hornet`s nest :fear:

basque :rolleyes: Ps they did finish off the lettuce I was growing.

Scarlet Ibis
07-24-2013, 04:47 AM
Sort of random, but I saw a huge snail on my favorite hiking trail 2 weekends ago, and I actually wasted time worrying about it, and wondering if someone would accidentally kill it. The older I get, the more sensitive I get, it seems; I hate unnecessarily ending lives.

utR!
07-24-2013, 07:29 PM
I try to write tomorrow here. Too tired and need to go to sleeop after being picking the rasberries long time this evenin. There were those snails, not so bad this time but big ones yök. Small one are a bit cute...

Best

utR!

utR!
07-25-2013, 03:30 PM
Back again. Just eaten and thinking of going to woods getting some rasberries or blueberries. Today it is hot about + 26 so maybe I'll stay at home and rest.

I think people do not want to go to bushes mainly because of the fear of borreliosis (mites). It is serious disease and keeps some people out of bushes.

Yes basque slimey is a good word for those snails. But it is so a short time to face them. The place where there are lots and lots of them the rasberries are extra big and difficult to reach because of high nettles which burns my hands. Also there is one plant, which is even taller than me: Chamerion angustifolium, we call it maitohorsma. Snails like them too so they have much food already there but I do not like that they like rasberries aswell.

Scarlet Ibis. I do not like to end lives (I do leave it for men ;) ) I can kill just them really do harm for me like mosquitos, flies, gadflies and so on.

So this is it

Best

utR!

alan
09-24-2013, 02:37 AM
I think fears of heights, deep water, animals with big teeth etc are the sort of fears you should have. A fisherman who doesnt fear and respect the sea will not last long. Fear keeps you on your toes. It can go wrong though when you overthink to anticipate and prepare for the worst possible scenario on a daily basis. That becomes general anxiety which is crippling.

Fire Haired
09-24-2013, 02:43 AM
I think fears of heights, deep water, animals with big teeth etc are the sort of fears you should have. A fisherman who doesnt fear and respect the sea will not last long. Fear keeps you on your toes. It can go wrong though when you overthink to anticipate and prepare for the worst possible scenario on a daily basis. That becomes general anxiety which is crippling.

Its is good for people to be fearless. U don't have to fear the sea or whatever to be a good fisherman.

Fire Haired
09-24-2013, 02:51 AM
Fear is completely natural. It is in our DNA when were little kids to understand when we see a stranger who is a big man with a deep voice and to naturally be scared. It is a lot like with dogs we have a lot of the same understandings of fear. Bullying is natural its in our DNA to understand it a lot like the natural stuff baby puppies or dogs do. It is natural for people to be nervous to talk in front of a crowd or to talk to people they don't know. I don't think most people understand but almost everything we do is instinct and not learned and learning the way we do is also apart of our instinct.

alan
09-24-2013, 03:00 AM
Maybe respect is a better word than fear. People who lark about or take risks are generally not going to be reemployed on a fishing trawler around the British Isles anyway. The death rate is extremely bad already. You tend to find that the professional fishermen in traditional fishing communities are very cautious, quiet, often religious, people in this part of the world. A breed apart who dont mix much with non-fishing folk.

Its is good for people to be fearless. U don't have to fear the sea or whatever to be a good fisherman.

Fire Haired
09-24-2013, 03:03 AM
Maybe respect is a better word than fear. People who lark about or take risks are generally not going to be reemployed on a fishing trawler around the British Isles anyway. The death rate is extremely bad already. You tend to find that the professional fishermen in traditional fishing communities are very cautious, quiet, often religious, people in this part of the world. A breed apart who dont mix much with non-fishing folk.

I am not saying be an idiot and jump in the water when u see a shark but no being afraid of the shark but still being cautious. and under control.

geebee
09-24-2013, 07:52 AM
Actually, fear does seem pretty reasonable at times. There are many things that can hurt or even kill us. In fact, we know that eventually, something will ... even if it's some treachery of our own bodies (likely to be caused by some neglect on our part, or indulgence).

And, no, I'm not especially phobic or paranoid. At least I don't think I am. But then again, I'm a little afraid I might be. :unsure:

As far as the snails are concerned, I'd don't think they'd bother me much. Unless maybe I didn't see one until I was about to put a berry in my mouth.

The thing that used to bother me when we went blackberry picking was the thought of snakes. But I don't suppose that in Finland either rattlesnakes or copperheads are much of an issue? (Of course, mostly when there were snakes, they were nonvenomous. But I tend to think of all snakes as potentially venomous, even when I know they aren't. Besides, if they have teeth, they can bite. They don't have to be poisonous to hurt.:fear:)

Of course, the reality is, if you're a snake you have much more to fear from humans that the other way around.

geebee
09-24-2013, 07:57 AM
People who lark about or take risks are generally not going to be reemployed on a fishing trawler around the British Isles anyway. The death rate is extremely bad already.

Many of the dangers they face are actually on the boat. If you don't pay attention, you can easier lose fingers or a hand, or get crushed, just dealing with lines and nets and traps and such.

MikeWhalen
09-24-2013, 02:56 PM
When I was a university student, I got a summer job at the local steel mill-I remember during the basic training, they were very 'heavy handed' in warning us about all the things that could mangle, cripple or kill us
...and they weren't exaggerating-huge machinery working 24/7, crazy heat to melt metal, always having to move huge things or amounts of stuff, poisonous gasses and live electrical lines...well, I could go on and on with the various exotic ways men get hurt in a steel plant but you get the point.

I do remember later being told by one of the Foremen that over time, statistically, it was actually knowledgeable old hands or veteran steel workers that got hurt/killed much more often than us new guys and the reason he said was simple

-us new guys feared the environment and quickly learned to respect procedures that kept us safe
-the old hands had lost their fear and often got annoyed at the safety procedures that 'got in their way'

It was meant as a general statement of course, many of the older guys were wary of the environment and stuck to the safety procedures, but the point was, our fears (as long as they don't control us) are natural feelings that give us important information about our environment

I find the Foreman's words from 30+ years ago to be very true in my environment today...I work in a maximum security prison and have a large mix of very young to very experienced workers...every once and a while, you'll find a rookie making a dumb mistake that could be real trouble, but far more often I find its the experienced veterans that get lazy, or impatient and do/dont do something that really puts them/us at risk

they have lost their fear and have gotten very complacent-what a scary mix in a bad place!

Mike

utR!
09-24-2013, 03:20 PM
When I was a university student, I got a summer job at the local steel mill-I remember during the basic training, they were very 'heavy handed' in warning us about all the things that could mangle, cripple or kill us
...and they weren't exaggerating-huge machinery working 24/7, crazy heat to melt metal, always having to move huge things or amounts of stuff, poisonous gasses and live electrical lines...well, I could go on and on with the various exotic ways men get hurt in a steel plant but you get the point.

I do remember later being told by one of the Foremen that over time, statistically, it was actually knowledgeable old hands or veteran steel workers that got hurt/killed much more often than us new guys and the reason he said was simple

-us new guys feared the environment and quickly learned to respect procedures that kept us safe
-the old hands had lost their fear and often got annoyed at the safety procedures that 'got in their way'

It was meant as a general statement of course, many of the older guys were wary of the environment and stuck to the safety procedures, but the point was, our fears (as long as they don't control us) are natural feelings that give us important information about our environment

I find the Foreman's words from 30+ years ago to be very true in my environment today...I work in a maximum security prison and have a large mix of very young to very experienced workers...every once and a while, you'll find a rookie making a dumb mistake that could be real trouble, but far more often I find its the experienced veterans that get lazy, or impatient and do/dont do something that really puts them/us at risk

they have lost their fear and have gotten very complacent-what a scary mix in a bad place!

Mike

Yes you are right to point that lazyness and do not care any more so much attitude is one of the reason. You are not so awaken and face the reality with all kind of situations in which you may need to a act fast and wisely.

For exemple if you face a bear there are ways how to escape. But which way you do it is also depending on the every single case. Sometimes you can not do much. Fear does save your life too.

utR!

utR!
09-24-2013, 03:24 PM
Many of the dangers they face are actually on the boat. If you don't pay attention, you can easier lose fingers or a hand, or get crushed, just dealing with lines and nets and traps and such.

Yes that is right not all of us are skillful fishermen by a profession. So a fear does not need to hinder you to learn fishing too. Misstakes should teach you to do in other way which does not get you in the trouble or injured.

Best

utR!

utR!
09-24-2013, 03:34 PM
Actually, fear does seem pretty reasonable at times. There are many things that can hurt or even kill us. In fact, we know that eventually, something will ... even if it's some treachery of our own bodies (likely to be caused by some neglect on our part, or indulgence).

And, no, I'm not especially phobic or paranoid. At least I don't think I am. But then again, I'm a little afraid I might be. :unsure:

As far as the snails are concerned, I'd don't think they'd bother me much. Unless maybe I didn't see one until I was about to put a berry in my mouth.

The thing that used to bother me when we went blackberry picking was the thought of snakes. But I don't suppose that in Finland either rattlesnakes or copperheads are much of an issue? (Of course, mostly when there were snakes, they were nonvenomous. But I tend to think of all snakes as potentially venomous, even when I know they aren't. Besides, if they have teeth, they can bite. They don't have to be poisonous to hurt.:fear:)

Of course, the reality is, if you're a snake you have much more to fear from humans that the other way around.

I do not know those snakes; we have few which are not poisonous but the one which is a viper. While picking the berries you may suddenly attacted by a viper because of what you wrote.

I think you should not really play with those really big snakes is it constrictor snake. But it seams some people does like them still :eek:

utR!

utR!
09-24-2013, 03:39 PM

Fear should not be a neurotic kind. Because it does keep you in sort of prison and may paralyse your life in small circles. But you can learn out of fears and it does help to talk about it, its roots too.

utR!

Clinton P
01-11-2014, 05:34 PM
"Memories may be passed down through generations in DNA in a process that may be the underlying cause of phobias."

"New research has shown that it is possible for some information to be inherited biologically through chemical changes that occur in DNA."

Click here (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/science-news/10486479/Phobias-may-be-memories-passed-down-in-genes-from-ancestors.html) to read more about this story.

Clinton P

utR!
01-17-2014, 03:24 PM
"Memories may be passed down through generations in DNA in a process that may be the underlying cause of phobias."

"New research has shown that it is possible for some information to be inherited biologically through chemical changes that occur in DNA."

Click here (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/science-news/10486479/Phobias-may-be-memories-passed-down-in-genes-from-ancestors.html) to read more about this story.

Clinton P

Yes it needs more study can all fobias be results of DNA (in far away history). But when I think about diabetes it may be something starving experiences caused by wars, lack of food or so.

utR!

utR!
04-24-2016, 06:55 PM
I think the worst fear is a death. So few admit it but I do know that those who does not know or care where they are going when last breath is taking are anxious, aggressive, restless. It looks like they do know that something is going to happen soon. It's not odd that a person swears a lot and may shout for God too.

You can not pass by the thing that you die one day. In other way it is also a fear to live a life.

Many many years ago I suddenly started to fear about my destiny it was real fear and I wanted eagerly answers.

utR!

client
05-05-2016, 01:37 PM
i think the fear of falling is probably the most basic/primitive of fears.
I know two basic reflexes babies have when subject to this
-Moro Reflex https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moro_reflex
-Grasp Reflex
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palmar_grasp_reflex

i'd apparently grabbed onto my dad's finger(grasp reflex) when i was a baby and he was thrilled, because i was premature and all, and it must have been a cool moment

utR!
05-07-2016, 04:49 PM
i think the fear of falling is probably the most basic/primitive of fears.
I know two basic reflexes babies have when subject to this
-Moro Reflex https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moro_reflex
-Grasp Reflex
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palmar_grasp_reflex

i'd apparently grabbed onto my dad's finger(grasp reflex) when i was a baby and he was thrilled, because i was premature and all, and it must have been a cool moment

Yes, because baby or a bit older does not know about what is death or dying. Still some people have dreams about falling. Perhaps it is hidden fear which come out in your dreams.

best, utR!