PDA

View Full Version : FGC13873 - origin and roots?

francesco-s91
08-19-2018, 10:06 PM
I got my Big-Y results for a short time with the result J1-FGC13873 which is under ZS241.
Have researched several hours on the web, but have so far found no clear info, except that someone from Saudi Arabia in yful had the same subclade.
Is there any indication of the origin or stem of this clade, and is it Jewish?

HERE Pics from my result

https://imgur.com/utigQin
https://imgur.com/3kqDVbW

J1 DYS388=13
08-20-2018, 07:53 AM
Any clues on this chart? You are J-Y3081*
https://yfull.com/tree/J-Y3081/

Kelmendasi
02-25-2019, 08:43 PM
J-FGC13873 is the most successful branch of ZS241, it is ancestral to almost all ZS241 subclades and is just downstream of ZS241(though on Yfull it is part of ZS241, idk why). Considering the formation date(~5,000ybp) this branch probably formed during the Bronze Age somewhere in the Levant or fertile crescent. ZS241 in general seems to show a link to people who speak the central Semitic branch of Semitic, especially the northwestern branches(Canaanite and Aramaic). Considering that FGC13873 is such a large and old group, I don't think it can be linked to a specific ethnic group. Though I would wager that your paternal ancestor spoke a variant of northwestern Semitic, likely a branch of the Canaanite group. There is an Italian(from Salerno) on Yfull who is FGC13873>BY143137, perhaps you fall into this group?

BY143137 has a subclade, BY91853, which is found in 2 Portuguese guys from Azores. Considering it's presence in both Italic and Iberian peoples I would assume that this group may be linked either Jews or Phoenicians as both groups have had contact with these areas. Thing is that not many people, especially from the Middle East, have tested within this branch so it's hard to come to a conclusion as of now. We can only really say that it is linked to the Levant and nearby areas. I remember Agamemnon saying that an Arab family had BY143137 iirc. He said that this family could have obtained it via absorption of Shasu nomads by Proto-Arabs in the southern Levant area. So despite it not being an Arabic clade, it still could've arrived with Arabs(who absorbed peoples with this group ages ago).

francesco-s91
08-09-2019, 08:10 PM
J-FGC13873 is the most successful branch of ZS241, it is ancestral to almost all ZS241 subclades and is just downstream of ZS241(though on Yfull it is part of ZS241, idk why). Considering the formation date(~5,000ybp) this branch probably formed during the Bronze Age somewhere in the Levant or fertile crescent. ZS241 in general seems to show a link to people who speak the central Semitic branch of Semitic, especially the northwestern branches(Canaanite and Aramaic). Considering that FGC13873 is such a large and old group, I don't think it can be linked to a specific ethnic group. Though I would wager that your paternal ancestor spoke a variant of northwestern Semitic, likely a branch of the Canaanite group. There is an Italian(from Salerno) on Yfull who is FGC13873>BY143137, perhaps you fall into this group?

BY143137 has a subclade, BY91853, which is found in 2 Portuguese guys from Azores. Considering it's presence in both Italic and Iberian peoples I would assume that this group may be linked either Jews or Phoenicians as both groups have had contact with these areas. Thing is that not many people, especially from the Middle East, have tested within this branch so it's hard to come to a conclusion as of now. We can only really say that it is linked to the Levant and nearby areas. I remember Agamemnon saying that an Arab family had BY143137 iirc. He said that this family could have obtained it via absorption of Shasu nomads by Proto-Arabs in the southern Levant area. So despite it not being an Arabic clade, it still could've arrived with Arabs(who absorbed peoples with this group ages ago).

Hehe that Guy with : BY143137, ITS me .
Now im waiting for my Big y 700 results