PDA

View Full Version : Error Message

Auvergne
08-23-2018, 04:15 AM
Hello forum support,

It seems when I try to make a post (my first), where I`ve pasted Gedmatch Oracle results (and removed all links), I get this error. I`ve read other people are experiencing the same, any way to resolve this..

Many thanks!

jdean
08-23-2018, 09:15 AM
Hello forum support,

It seems when I try to make a post (my first), where I`ve pasted Gedmatch Oracle results (and removed all links), I get this error. I`ve read other people are experiencing the same, any way to resolve this..

Many thanks!

I believe there is a restriction for junior members posting links, presumably to combat spammers.

Simple solution, join in a discussions : )

Administrator
08-27-2018, 01:25 PM
[ADMIN] Thank you for your message.

Please see section 2.1:

2.1 New members, defined as those with less than 10 posts and less than 14 days registration history, are subject to a link posting restriction. Once a new member exceeds 10 posts and a presence of 14 days in Anthrogenica, they will automatically be promoted to the "Regular Users" usergroup.

This was announced in early 2017 (https://anthrogenica.com/showthread.php?7-Terms-of-Service-and-Forum-Rules-Update&p=241201&viewfull=1#post241201) and is one of our numerous anti-spam measures on the site. You will be able to post links after another nine days and five further posts in the forum (outside of The Lounge).

Hope that clarifies the basis of the above.

Thanks for your time. Thread closed.