PDA

View Full Version : Ancestor Path for H1a2b

ssamlal
09-08-2018, 01:26 PM
Has any H1a2b member tried PhyloGeographer Mygrations (https://phylogeographer.com/mygrations/)?

And if so, what are you thoughts on the geographical locations shown in "My Ancestors' Path" ?

The location for my subclade Y61050 shows up as Vasoli, Maharashtra (25,000 BC). I'm curious as to the accuracy.

thejkhan
09-20-2018, 12:59 AM
Has any H1a2b member tried PhyloGeographer Mygrations (https://phylogeographer.com/mygrations/)?

And if so, what are you thoughts on the geographical locations shown in "My Ancestors' Path" ?

The location for my subclade Y61050 shows up as Vasoli, Maharashtra (25,000 BC). I'm curious as to the accuracy.

It's just based on location of people tested positive for your subclade and drawing straight line through all these locations, lol.

Not the best way to determine an accurate migration path of your ancestors. Only ancient DNA can tell.

tipirneni
11-28-2018, 03:22 AM
Good effort. gives approximate idea of the migrations

mattassis
02-27-2019, 07:48 PM
Hey ssamlal! I've just received my Big Y results from FTDNA and it looks like we're both grouped under H-PH830 in the H-YHaplo project.

ssamlal
03-02-2019, 02:42 PM
Hey ssamlal! I've just received my Big Y results from FTDNA and it looks like we're both grouped under H-PH830 in the H-YHaplo project.

Hi Matt. I finally have an FTDNA H-PH830 buddy :). I was feeling so alone LOL. Interested to see where YFull puts you when they complete your file processing.

mattassis
03-02-2019, 08:44 PM
Hi Matt. I finally have an FTDNA H-PH830 buddy :). I was feeling so alone LOL. Interested to see where YFull puts you when they complete your file processing.

Hi – I'm glad to be able to keep you company! H-Z34492 is my 'predetermined subclade' from YFull, so I look forward to the final report.

Jatt1
03-02-2019, 08:52 PM
Hi – I'm glad to be able to keep you company! H-Z34492 is my 'predetermined subclade' from YFull, so I look forward to the final report.

Why not you and ssamlal tell us your know history now?

mattassis
03-09-2019, 04:00 PM
Why not you and ssamlal tell us your know history now?

Hi Jatt1, thanks for your question. I'm British (English) on my mother's side and Anglo-Indian on my father's side. My father's family are from South India – predominantly Kerala and Karnataka. My father, grandfather and great-grandfather all identified as Anglo-Indian, although the family story is that my great-grandfather may have been a Malayali (they all spoke Malayalam, Kannada, Tamil and Hindi). Beyond that it gets a bit murky but the story is that my great-great-grandfather changed his name to Austin – perhaps on converting to Christianity or to appear Anglo-Indian. My Y-DNA test results clearly disprove the belief that we descended from British/European ancestors on the patrilineal line.

How about you?

Jatt1
03-09-2019, 08:49 PM
Hi Jatt1, thanks for your question. I'm British (English) on my mother's side and Anglo-Indian on my father's side. My father's family are from South India – predominantly Kerala and Karnataka. My father, grandfather and great-grandfather all identified as Anglo-Indian, although the family story is that my great-grandfather may have been a Malayali (they all spoke Malayalam, Kannada, Tamil and Hindi). Beyond that it gets a bit murky but the story is that my great-great-grandfather changed his name to Austin – perhaps on converting to Christianity or to appear Anglo-Indian. My Y-DNA test results clearly disprove the belief that we descended from British/European ancestors on the patrilineal line.

How about you?

I am simply 100% Punjabi Jatt.