PDA

View Full Version : Report Post-Migration Bugs Here

JMcB
09-10-2018, 09:28 PM
For some reason Iím no longer getting my notifications as usual. I tried looking under General Settings and saw that the box was unchecked, but every time I checked it and than hit Save Changes, the box unchecks again. Is there another way to fix this problem because I would like to see them again?

Thanks!
jmcb

Pylsteen
09-10-2018, 10:01 PM
Same issue here.

Ruderico
09-13-2018, 03:08 PM
I'd like to compliment this information. While I do not get notifications for thanked posts, I am getting them from quotes and private messages. Don't know if the other users are experiencing the same thing or not.

lukaszM
09-13-2018, 03:16 PM
Hmm, yes the same situation with box. But I think today I had some notifications about "thanks". Not sure.

JMcB
09-13-2018, 04:35 PM
Hmm, yes the same situation with box. But I think today I had some notifications about "thanks". Not sure.

Yes, they started coming in again a day or so after I posted the first notice. I think it may have had something to do with the adjustments they made to reputation reports but thatís just a guess.

oz
09-13-2018, 10:25 PM
I'm not getting any notifications either whatsoever

MitchellSince1893
11-14-2018, 10:01 PM
It seems that since the server switch...maybe unrelated, I don’t get notifications for like I used to.

I looked but can’t find where notifications can be turned on or off.

So I’m not sure how to fix this issue.

Anybody else notice this?

Don’t want anyone to think I’m ignoring them if they quote me with a question.

I do get some notifications...usually quotes, but often I will see some “thanks” on one of my posts and didn’t get any notifications like I used to.

EDIT: I think it's just affecting "Thanks" Notifications i.e. I'm no longer getting notifications when someone hits "Thanks"

Administrator
11-16-2018, 10:44 AM
ADMIN

Threads merged.

Are any other members other than Mitchell experiencing this?

Capitalis
11-16-2018, 12:08 PM
ADMIN

Threads merged.

Are any other members other than Mitchell experiencing this?

Yes, sometimes I get a notification and sometimes I only realise someone has replied to me when I view the thread.

jdean
11-16-2018, 01:27 PM
Yes, they started coming in again a day or so after I posted the first notice. I think it may have had something to do with the adjustments they made to reputation reports but that’s just a guess.

The option to turn thanks back on is right next to the rep point one so I'd say that's a fair guess.

I'd caution against fiddling with it though, when I changed mine Anthrogenica immediately went off line for two weeks : )

RobinBMc
11-16-2018, 03:48 PM
I don't seem to be getting notifications for quotes or thanks. Also, when I try to go to General Settings in my control panel, I get this:

Call to undefined function mysql_num_rows() on line 2 in /home/anthroge/public_html/profile.php(2086) : eval()'d code
#0 /home/anthroge/public_html/profile.php(2086): eval()
#1 {main}

poi
11-16-2018, 04:20 PM
I can temporarily resolve the issue by just removing all "cached files" from my chrome browser. No need to delete browsing history/cookies etc. The browser bar still shows "Not Secure", but Chrome does not throw the Alert page, so I can navigate properly.

I don't know much about certificates, but we had similar issues at a previous company and that went away with a wildcard certificate. AG appears to have the cert for cpanal subdomain.

MitchellSince1893
11-20-2018, 12:56 AM
The option to turn thanks back on is right next to the rep point one so I'd say that's a fair guess.

I'd caution against fiddling with it though, when I changed mine Anthrogenica immediately went off line for two weeks : )

I can no longer get into my general settings. I get this message when I click on it
Call to undefined function mysql_num_rows() on line 2 in /home/anthroge/public_html/profile.php(2086) : eval()'d code
#0 /home/anthroge/public_html/profile.php(2086): eval()
#1 {main}

I was able to get into it earlier and sucessfully changed it to notify me of Thanks, but now I can't access it.

jdean
11-20-2018, 06:05 PM
I can no longer get into my general settings. I get this message when I click on it

I was able to get into it earlier and sucessfully changed it to notify me of Thanks, but now I can't access it.

Me neither, when I made the previous post there was a different error message but I was able to access it later and found notification had been turned off again. With slight trepidation I switched it back and notifications started coming through but now it appears to have reverted.

Suspect Anthrogenica is going through a sequence of bug fixes and presumably melding posts from the Anthrogenica time warp is going to be a tad problematic : )

DMXX
11-22-2018, 05:57 PM
We are aware of this strange bug - It's a consequence of the PHP incompatibility error we had following our server migration. Some of the plugins we used aren't compatible with our version of vBulletin and the new (necessary) PHP version for our server.

We'll be addressing it and the strange notification issue within the next week.

jdean
11-22-2018, 06:16 PM
We are aware of this strange bug - It's a consequence of the PHP incompatibility error we had following our server migration. Some of the plugins we used aren't compatible with our version of vBulletin and the new (necessary) PHP version for our server.

We'll be addressing it and the strange notification issue within the next week.

AIH I'm getting notifications so I think it's just access to the settings that's the issue ?

DMXX
11-23-2018, 03:12 PM
Okay gang, after much tinkering, I think I've fixed the problem.

Quoting everyone who'd previously complained about this bug...

For some reason I’m no longer getting my notifications as usual. I tried looking under General Settings and saw that the box was unchecked, but every time I checked it and than hit Save Changes, the box unchecks again. Is there another way to fix this problem because I would like to see them again?

Thanks!
jmcb

Same issue here.

I'd like to compliment this information. While I do not get notifications for thanked posts, I am getting them from quotes and private messages. Don't know if the other users are experiencing the same thing or not.

Yes, they started coming in again a day or so after I posted the first notice. I think it may have had something to do with the adjustments they made to reputation reports but that’s just a guess.

I'm not getting any notifications either whatsoever

It seems that since the server switch...maybe unrelated, I don’t get notifications for like I used to.

I looked but can’t find where notifications can be turned on or off.

So I’m not sure how to fix this issue.

Anybody else notice this?

Don’t want anyone to think I’m ignoring them if they quote me with a question.

I do get some notifications...usually quotes, but often I will see some “thanks” on one of my posts and didn’t get any notifications like I used to.

EDIT: I think it's just affecting "Thanks" Notifications i.e. I'm no longer getting notifications when someone hits "Thanks"

Yes, sometimes I get a notification and sometimes I only realise someone has replied to me when I view the thread.

"Thank" this post if you received the notification about being quoted.

AIH I'm getting notifications so I think it's just access to the settings that's the issue ?

Working on this right now, jdean.

DMXX
11-23-2018, 03:26 PM
Record timing (13 minutes).

I've fixed the "Profile > General Settings" inaccessibility bug. Click to see for yourselves. (https://anthrogenica.com/profile.php?do=editoptions)

I'm renaming this thread to "Report Post-Migration Bugs Here".

Thanks to everyone for letting us know about the above three (Thanks, Quotes, General Settings). Let us know if you find anything else.

jdean
11-23-2018, 03:31 PM
Record timing (13 minutes).

I've fixed the "Profile > General Settings" inaccessibility bug. Click to see for yourselves. (https://anthrogenica.com/profile.php?do=editoptions)

I'm renaming this thread to "Report Post-Migration Bugs Here".

Thanks to everyone for letting us know about the above three (Thanks, Quotes, General Settings). Let us know if you find anything else.

Excellent, many thanks : )

Lupriac
12-09-2018, 05:29 PM
I am not getting notified always, actually most of the time. I don't know how much posts/quotes have been made but it seems I have a problem as well.

Administrator
12-11-2018, 02:02 PM
Hi Moe12,

Thank you for letting us know. We're looking into that and will hopefully find a fix before the week's end.