PDA

View Full Version : Marriage record translation

BackToTheForests
09-11-2018, 06:17 PM
I have a marriage record and was hoping someone wouldn't mind translating for me, I've tried to piece it together myself but it has been difficult. What I have so far is:
Name: Ernestina Basch (the rest is unintelligible to me)
Born: 14 August 1841 (cannot make out the birthplace)
Parents: Anton Basch and ? ? Catherine (?) Stephan

I've attached the record and sincerely appreciate any help, I would love to know what this all says. Thanks!

Nive1526
09-11-2018, 06:45 PM
Her birthplace could be Naumburg, but I am unsure about the m, could be an e with another letter too.

Pylsteen
09-11-2018, 07:05 PM
It looks like Naumburg indeed; the first block is difficult to read; to me it looks like "(.....)selbst Katholisch".

CelticGerman
09-11-2018, 07:06 PM
katholisch = catholic

Schneidermeister Anton Basch und dessen Ehefrau Catherine, geb. Stephan = master tailor Anton Basch and his wife Catherine, born Stephan .....

Naumburg

Hannover

BackToTheForests
09-12-2018, 11:34 AM
Thank you to everyone for your help. I've had such a hard time trying to find Anton Basch and Catharine Stephan marriage record, besides not being able to find birth records for their children (one of them being a great grandmother of mine), I'm trying to understand why I cannot find anything but having Ernestinas birth location is a huge help and a great place to start looking. In the last box, labeled "Remarks" on the record, there are a few words followed by "Rodecker" or "Bedecker", does anyone have a clue as to what it all says? Thanks again everyone, I sincerely appreciate it.

Nas
09-12-2018, 03:07 PM
The name in the last box is Bödeker.

BackToTheForests
09-12-2018, 10:38 PM
The name in the last box is Bödeker.

That's what I figured, I just can't speculate on the significance because I have no clue what the words in front of the name are.

Shuffle
09-22-2018, 05:54 PM
"getraut durch" the next is an abbreviation "Sen." but not sure, definitely it means the person who performed the wedding, probably a catholic priest.