PDA

View Full Version : Pannonia and Chuvashia?

Settler23
09-13-2018, 03:13 AM
Hi all! I got small amounts (3% each) of these two results (by name) in my Living DNA results. As far as I knew, all my ancestors have been from England, Ireland, Scotland, Germany, and France. Anyone gotten these 2 in their results or know anything about migrations to or from? I've tried to compare them with my haplogroups and didn't come up with much a match. Any ideas how these folks may have gotten to Northwestern Europe?

Capitalis
09-13-2018, 02:59 PM
Hi all! I got small amounts (3% each) of these two results (by name) in my Living DNA results. As far as I knew, all my ancestors have been from England, Ireland, Scotland, Germany, and France. Anyone gotten these 2 in their results or know anything about migrations to or from? I've tried to compare them with my haplogroups and didn't come up with much a match. Any ideas how these folks may have gotten to Northwestern Europe?

Maybe related to this?

One of the two Hallstatt_Bylany samples from Damgaard et al. 2018, the individual labeled DA112 (243049 YBP), shows a subtle but clear signal of Central Asian ancestry. As far as I know, this hasn't yet been reported by anyone else, so I'll happily be the first to do it here.

http://eurogenes.blogspot.com/2018/08/central-asian-admixture-in-hallstatt.html

I got small levels of Chechen and Kurdish by the way.