PDA

View Full Version : What happened to all my little green "reputation" bars? They're gone!

rms2
09-14-2018, 11:52 AM
I used to have a ton of those little green reputation bars up above my on-screen avatar. Now they're gone. What happened?

Did I do something to ruin my reputation?

Looks pretty bad when you have over 10,000 posts and no reputation.

Ruderico
09-14-2018, 12:02 PM
It's because of the appauling way you treated other members at the Bell Beaker threads, even the server itself felt ashamed

just kidding

rms2
09-14-2018, 12:11 PM
It's because of the appauling way you treated other members at the Bell Beaker threads, even the server itself felt ashamed

just kidding

I know you were kidding, but I thought I was really restrained and just stuck to the evidence, even when the emotions of others were on full display.

Too bad those threads got shut down.

jdean
09-14-2018, 02:39 PM
I used to have a ton of those little green reputation bars up above my on-screen avatar. Now they're gone. What happened?

Did I do something to ruin my reputation?

Looks pretty bad when you have over 10,000 posts and no reputation.

There's a new feature that enables switching off the display of rep points but it's supposed to be something you do of your own volition.

it's under User Control Panel> My Settings> General Settings

JMcB
09-14-2018, 02:47 PM
There's a new feature that enables switching off the display of rep points but it's supposed to be something you do of your own volition.

Yeah, it looks like it was rolled out backwards. Instead of allowing people to turn off their reputations, as was requested in a few cases. Everyone’s setting were turned off and now they all have to go back in and turn them on to get back to normal.

jdean
09-14-2018, 02:56 PM
Yeah, it looks like it was rolled out backwards. Instead of allowing people to turn off their reputations, as was requested in a few cases. Everyone’s setting were turned off and now they all have to go back in and turn them on to get back to normal.

I definitely turned mine off but since apparently almost everybody else had already done this in a show of mass modesty I kind of felt like I was showing my bling off : )

JMcB
09-14-2018, 04:15 PM
I definitely turned mine off but since apparently almost everybody else had already done this in a show of mass modesty I kind of felt like I was showing my bling off : )

Mine only equal a little silver ring, so I kept them on. ;-)

jdean
09-14-2018, 05:27 PM
Mine only equal a little silver ring, so I kept them on. ;-)

Mine are hardly dazzling : )

rms2
09-14-2018, 05:29 PM

Thanks.

I turned it back on.

I got used to seeing them there, so it just felt weird when they suddenly disappeared.

jdean
09-14-2018, 05:37 PM
Thanks.

I turned it back on.

I got used to seeing them there, so it just felt weird when they suddenly disappeared.

Dim problem : )

Scarlet Ibis
09-15-2018, 05:03 AM
Sorry about that. We have gotten a few complaints about reputation abuse/unfairness, and we have thus enabled the choice of opting out. This option is found in your User Control Panel options.