PDA

View Full Version : 15x whole genome - $570 with coupon

FGC Corp
09-23-2018, 04:32 AM
15x whole genome

Coupon: WGS15x ($75 discount)
Price: $570 plus shipping

https://www.fullgenomes.com/purchases/124/?

Jan_Noack
12-27-2018, 03:39 AM
Any chance of a cheaper 20X. I gather 20X is a minimum one should test at to get useful results for ancestry and a bit of medical. ie at least 8 reads on most SNPs ? From reading a 15x will not provide a deep enough cover?

Also I think your YElite is 150 bp length read but some places (not full genomes website) state it is 250bp. Was this the YElite 2.1 read length? I got fairly confused over the past year or so . And the YElite read depth seems to vary wherever I read on different sites to. So what is the current read depth of the Yelite . I'm getting 30X and 80X and sometimes 50X ?

I'm looking for a test that will provide at least 20X coverage and preferably more. I'd prefer to go straight to a WGS, and I know the best is the synthetic long read,especially I love the ability to separate the chromosomes with this, but that's kept the same price since 2016 and is still out of my price range. My problem is my Dad may not live that much longer so I have to act sooner, sigh, or I'd wait patiently for a few more years.

FGC Corp
12-29-2018, 02:57 AM
20x:
$750:
https://www.fullgenomes.com/purchases/6/?

Marmaduke
12-29-2018, 04:46 AM
20x:
$750:
https://www.fullgenomes.com/purchases/6/?

Will the 20x come with the BAM file? How is that conveyed? Thanks!

MacUalraig
12-29-2018, 06:08 PM
Any chance of a cheaper 20X. I gather 20X is a minimum one should test at to get useful results for ancestry and a bit of medical. ie at least 8 reads on most SNPs ? From reading a 15x will not provide a deep enough cover?

Also I think your YElite is 150 bp length read but some places (not full genomes website) state it is 250bp. Was this the YElite 2.1 read length? I got fairly confused over the past year or so . And the YElite read depth seems to vary wherever I read on different sites to. So what is the current read depth of the Yelite . I'm getting 30X and 80X and sometimes 50X ?

I'm looking for a test that will provide at least 20X coverage and preferably more. I'd prefer to go straight to a WGS, and I know the best is the synthetic long read,especially I love the ability to separate the chromosomes with this, but that's kept the same price since 2016 and is still out of my price range. My problem is my Dad may not live that much longer so I have to act sooner, sigh, or I'd wait patiently for a few more years.

They used to offer payment plans - it isn't mentioned on the latest site version but maybe one can ask.

FGC Corp
12-29-2018, 08:08 PM
Will the 20x come with the BAM file? How is that conveyed? Thanks!

Yes. Download or USB drive if requested.

Jan_Noack
12-29-2018, 09:49 PM
They used to offer payment plans - it isn't mentioned on the latest site version but maybe one can ask.

thanks, I've already placed an order for the 20X. Expecting a Y DNA result of R1a, CTS11962 from my Dad's Y and perhaps L1029, maybe Sorb (based on a YSTR 37 test at FTDNA before I heard about fullgenomes and others!)

I believe the 150bp (even at only 20X) will provide more accurate results than the Dante 100bp (even if 30X), but I don't really have the expertise or data to reach this conclusion.

My dad has some weird type of dementia and I've just been diagnosed with moyamoya so I'm interested in having the best results I can afford in case they can be used in the future to help others I guess, but I'm always interested in anything scientific and I've always been fascinated by ancient DNA hypothesized paths. Be great to have his mtDNA too.

From memory, I think you had a Full genomes WGS test back in 2015 based on your earlier posts?

MacUalraig
12-31-2018, 01:43 PM
From memory, I think you had a Full genomes WGS test back in 2015 based on your earlier posts?

Yes although it was only a low-read test, sort of proof of concept really. I have a couple of full depth WGS tests I'm waiting for now.