PDA

View Full Version : The History of South Asia Every Year - One of the Best Videos!

Saad2016
09-30-2018, 12:24 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3oqeicRu5o

Based on this, I am from ancient Kingdom of Paurava . Spot your areas and share it with the rest of us plz.:)

kush
09-30-2018, 01:11 PM
Assaka. I think the exact region I'm from is blank but thats the closest kingdom.

but anyways kinda feel bad after looking at the video though since I realized how much the region was constantly controlled throughout history by outsiders. greeks, huns, kushans, ghaznavid, delhi sultanate, mughals, and british.

Saad2016
09-30-2018, 01:16 PM
Assaka. I think the exact region I'm from is blank but thats the closest kingdom.

but anyways kinda feel bad after looking at the video though since I realized how much the region was constantly controlled throughout history by outsiders. greeks, huns, kushans, ghaznavid, delhi sultanate, mughals, and british.

U r right. The locals were still living a hunter gatherer life style when the age of empire was already flourishing in foreign lands. So when these foreign empire who were much much more advanced in military technology invaded these lands, the locals stood no chance to resist and defend.

Saad2016
09-30-2018, 01:42 PM
Raja Porus of Paurava however did provide stiff resistance to the invading Greek army.

RougeS
09-30-2018, 03:06 PM
Virjji is closest of ancient kingdoms.
Worshippers of Akhanda Bharat BS should see this video.Even if the extent of certain borders arent factual and some ancient kingdoms arent shown,its a nice approximation.

Saad2016
09-30-2018, 03:14 PM
Worshippers of Akhanda Bharat BS should see this video.Even if the extent of certain borders arent factual and some ancient kingdoms arent shown,its a nice approximation.

Baharat is term which was used in 1900's . There was no Akhand Bharat in the history, same goes for Pakistan and India...historically speaking both were non existent but political and religiously motivated people do not believe in historical facts eh?:)

Saad2016
09-30-2018, 03:27 PM

Baharat is term which was used in 1900's . There was no Akhand Bharat in the history, same goes for Pakistan and India...historically speaking both were non existent but political and religiously motivated people do not believe in historical facts eh?:)

https://i.gyazo.com/69ccf31753e3eed04afc5f381b5eb612.png

Rahuls77
09-30-2018, 07:04 PM
Achaemenid, Texla, Indo-Parthian, Shahi...

Censored
10-10-2018, 04:46 PM
Anyone know if the Aryan migration theory is taught in Pakistan?

midichlorian
10-10-2018, 06:06 PM
Here are all the administrative lineages my ancestors have gone through before I was born in the United States of America, assuming we settled in or around Gujarat from 3300 BC to 2600 BC:
Harappan, Mauryan, Western Satraps (Indo-Scythian), Gupta, Vakataka, Gurjara, Delhi Sultanate, Gujarat Sultanate, Mughal Empire, Maratha Empire, Maratha Confederacy, British Empire, Republic of India

purohit
10-10-2018, 06:11 PM
Jai akhand bharat

Rahuls77
10-11-2018, 05:06 PM
Jai akhand bharat

jai Baloney!

purohit
10-11-2018, 06:21 PM
jai Baloney!

Jai ho bhindi waale ki

RougeS
10-12-2018, 08:56 AM
Jai akhand bharat
Lmao someone wants to argue

Rahuls77
10-12-2018, 10:31 AM
Lmao someone wants to argue

No,that's the influence of Hindutva bhang, which induces such inanities.

Saad2016
10-12-2018, 04:21 PM

Totally agree with you. Trying to mould science/anthropology on religious doctrines for places like Heaven, Hell (Arbahamic Religions), Valhalla (Norse Mythology) , Mahabaharat ( Hindu Myth ) is dangerous and self deceiving.

purohit
10-13-2018, 01:32 AM

Jai shree ram

pegasus
10-13-2018, 04:20 AM

To a good degree that is true but to Persians, Near Easterners, Greeks and Romans the area spanning what is South Asia today was essentially India or to be specific Classical India and its a problem even today , like that South Asia paper which used genomes from Northern Pakistan , Turkmenistan and Iran and used almost entirely modern Indian groups, most of whom who were very different from those samples and leaving out many population groups which were more proximal to those ancients.

khanabadoshi
10-13-2018, 06:58 AM
Man I wish there were some rivers or things so I could tell.

Rahuls77
10-14-2018, 10:51 AM
To a good degree that is true but to Persians, Near Easterners, Greeks and Romans the area spanning what is South Asia today was essentially India or to be specific Classical India and its a problem even today , like that South Asia paper which used genomes from Northern Pakistan , Turkmenistan and Iran and used almost entirely modern Indian groups, most of whom who were very different from those samples and leaving out many population groups which were more proximal to those ancients.

They identified the people living besides the two banks of the Indus river,and sometimes,a little farther south of Indus, as Indian. Those who named it India never even ventured any further, to have had an encounter with the populations that lived in the hinterland.

pegasus
10-17-2018, 06:12 AM
They identified the people living besides the two banks of the Indus river,and sometimes,a little farther south of Indus, as Indian. Those who named it India never even ventured any further, to have had an encounter with the populations that lived in the hinterland.

That is the case in the Bronze Age not there after at all, trade in early Antiquity was driven by an insatiable demand for black pepper and cardamom, and even sugar cane these were exclusively native to coastal Deccan areas, in particular the Malabar region. The Romans literally bankrupted themselves for pepper, you should read Strabo and Pliny's accounts. The maximum hoards of Greco Roman guineas recovered have been found in the Malabar and Cormandel coasts, this corroborates Pliny's account. Also much of Homer and especially Megasthenes describe the interior areas, in particular Megasthenes. His work was landmark well into the Medieval period in Europe and most of his experiences date to 300 BC in the Eastern Gangetic regions at the Mauryan Court.

`

Rahuls77
10-17-2018, 10:38 AM
That is the case in the Bronze Age not there after at all, trade in early Antiquity was driven by an insatiable demand for black pepper and cardamom, and even sugar cane these were exclusively native to coastal Deccan areas, in particular the Malabar region. The Romans literally bankrupted themselves for pepper, you should read Strabo and Pliny's accounts. The maximum hoards of Greco Roman guineas recovered have been found in the Malabar and Cormandel coasts, this corroborates Pliny's account. Also much of Homer and especially Megasthenes describe the interior areas, in particular Megasthenes. His work was landmark well into the Medieval period in Europe and most of his experiences date to 300 BC in the Eastern Gangetic regions at the Mauryan Court.

`

The interaction and exchanges started only after Alexander entered India, until then even the North West was alien territory to the Greeks, and it was a while after the Bronze Age. And the sea trade between the West Coast and the Romans started almost two centuries after the Greeks' first venturing into the northern half of the subcontinent.