PDA

View Full Version : First time test ordering from Yseq

BiHi
10-08-2018, 10:14 PM
Since I have a prediction for my Ydna haplogroup based on the fact that the majority of people of my ethnicity are E-m81 (morocco berbers marker), can I order the E1b-L19 Panel ? or is it obligatory for me to first take the Top-Level Orientation Panel?

C J Wyatt III
10-08-2018, 10:33 PM
Since I have a prediction for my Ydna haplogroup based on the fact that the majority of people of my ethnicity are E-m81 (morocco berbers marker), can I order the E1b-L19 Panel ? or is it obligatory for me to first take the Top-Level Orientation Panel?

If you want to take a chance on a small bet, you can order just the E-m81:

https://www.yseq.net/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=20&products_id=22102

$18, plus small sampling fee and postage to Germany.

Jack

BiHi
10-08-2018, 10:40 PM
ok I understand this test will at first confirm if am E-m81 or not, does it then test downstream branches ?

C J Wyatt III
10-08-2018, 10:49 PM
I don't know what panels are available for you downstream, but a positive test could at least confirm you that far. If people who you are a close match to are indicating a particular SNP, you could roll the dice again. Some people say that Big Y or maybe even a panel are more economical in the long run, but in my case, I have gotten pretty far down the tree with individual SNP testing.

Jack

BiHi
10-08-2018, 11:27 PM
I don't know what panels are available for you downstream, but a positive test could at least confirm you that far. If people who you are a close match to are indicating a particular SNP, you could roll the dice again. Some people say that Big Y or maybe even a panel are more economical in the long run, but in my case, I have gotten pretty far down the tree with individual SNP testing.

Jack

I think I will order E-m81, and if i'm positive I'll go the same way you did with individual snp's.
Thank you Jack.