PDA

View Full Version : Still there are huge problem with forum accessibility -solution

lukaszM
10-18-2018, 08:59 AM
In last few days forum was horribly slow. I understand it is problem with server.
Maybe you (admins) can announce action of server donation for every month?
There are about 2000 forum active users. If only 100 willing to pay even 3 Euro (per month) you could have a decent server for 300 Euro, for sure good VPS but even dedicated.
Think about it.

Scarlet Ibis
10-18-2018, 09:15 AM
In last few days forum was horribly slow. I understand it is problem with server.
Maybe you (admins) can announce action of server donation for every month?
There are about 2000 forum active users. If only 100 willing to pay even 3 Euro (per month) you could have a decent server for 300 Euro, for sure good VPS but even dedicated.
Think about it.

Hey Lukasz!

There have been some problems due to an increase of traffic for sure, particularly over the past few days. We're actually in the process of migrating/upgrading, and there will be more to come of it shortly. Thanks!

JonikW
10-18-2018, 08:43 PM
Hey Lukasz!

There have been some problems due to an increase of traffic for sure, particularly over the past few days. We're actually in the process of migrating/upgrading, and there will be more to come of it shortly. Thanks!

That's good news. I just had the internal server error when trying to open this thread. I sometimes get a whole day with no access and the webmaster email address doesn't seem to be live.

Scarlet Ibis
10-19-2018, 12:24 AM
That's good news. I just had the internal server error when trying to open this thread. I sometimes get a whole day with no access and the webmaster email address doesn't seem to be live.

Yes, apologies, and thanks for your patience. It is not necessary to email us about the errors, as we are automatically notified each time it happens.

Ruderico
11-03-2018, 03:56 AM
Am I glad to see the forum up again

Trelvern
11-03-2018, 04:22 AM

So I am!

czl
11-03-2018, 04:52 AM
^^ can’t believe it was down for 2 weeks! Glad it’s back up again.

anglesqueville
11-03-2018, 07:56 AM
Finally back. Triple hurrah!

jdean
11-03-2018, 09:58 AM

Me too !!!!

I think some of the very last posts before everything went Pete Tong didn't survive the upheaval though ?

ph2ter
11-03-2018, 11:36 AM
Me too !!!!

I think some of the very last posts before everything went Pete Tong didn't survive the upheaval though ?
Yes, I know that because several post of mine disappeared.

Erikl86
11-03-2018, 01:16 PM

Same for me.

But at least the site is back.

Which is good as this site is highly addictive :P .

JMcB
11-03-2018, 06:01 PM
Same for me.

But at least the site is back.

Which is good as this site is highly addictive :P .

You can say that again! I think I was having withdrawal symptoms! ;-)

MacEochaidh
11-04-2018, 12:06 AM
Thank you Anthrogenica!

timberwolf
11-04-2018, 12:20 AM

The same with me. I thought at first when the forum went offline, something was wrong with my laptop. Great that Anthrogenica is back up and running. Hopefully no more issues.

Robert1
11-04-2018, 05:08 AM
Glad the site is back up and that response time is pretty snappy!

DMXX
11-04-2018, 11:46 PM
Hello all,

Quick clarification regarding the missing posts. Please see here for a full explanation (https://anthrogenica.com/showthread.php?15707-Recent-Downtime-Summary-of-Events-(24th-Oct-2nd-Nov-2018)&p=512993#post512993).

Less than two days-worth of posts were lost (between Monday 22nd-Wednesday 24th October 2018). If you made a post during this period, please accept our apologies.

As most of you have experienced, the forum is back to full functionality. If you're having issues accessing Anthrogenica through other devices, please clear your cache and try again. Failing that, contact us directly.

As the underlying issue(s) regarding the forum's inaccessibility have been addressed here (or will be addressed in the thread linked above), I'll be closing this thread shortly. Thanks!