PDA

View Full Version : Mizrahi Jewish in Black Sea Turks

bunalim
11-18-2018, 11:12 AM
I have many DNA matches (all Black Sea Turks) who have Mizrahi Jewish admixture results on MyHeritage. Any idea what this could be interpreted as? I'm pretty sure they're not Jewish. I wonder who their population source for Mizrahi included.

evon
11-18-2018, 12:01 PM
I have many DNA matches (all Black Sea Turks) who have Mizrahi Jewish admixture results on MyHeritage. Any idea what this could be interpreted as? I'm pretty sure they're not Jewish. I wonder who their population source for Mizrahi included.

Turks and other Anatolian groups routinely get it, as it is not a "cluster" that is exclusive to Jews..

bunalim
11-18-2018, 12:06 PM
Turks and other Anatolian groups routinely get it, as it is not a "cluster" that is exclusive to Jews..

I don't understand, if it's not a cluster exclusive to Jews, why is it called Mizrahi Jewish?

evon
11-18-2018, 12:50 PM
I don't understand, if it's not a cluster exclusive to Jews, why is it called Mizrahi Jewish?

You will have to ask Myheritage about that, but keep in mind that the estimations are still in beta testing phase, and they will change next year (as was said in the recent Myheritage conference in Oslo).. Estimations and cluster names are usually commercialized at the expense of science, so one need to take them with a grain of salt..

Mykhailo
11-18-2018, 02:41 PM
One of my closest match on MyHeritage also has Mizrahi Jewish, they are from Balkans.

Balkan 66.1%
Greek 13.3%
Mizrahi Jewish - Iranian/Iraqi 13.1%
Middle East 7.5%

bunalim
11-18-2018, 03:01 PM
You will have to ask Myheritage about that, but keep in mind that the estimations are still in beta testing phase, and they will change next year (as was said in the recent Myheritage conference in Oslo).. Estimations and cluster names are usually commercialized at the expense of science, so one need to take them with a grain of salt..

I did ask them. Actually I have like 5 kits refunded because none of my results make sense. My grandparents had completely different results to my mother and uncle and I had completely different results to my mother and father. Nothing made sense at all.

evon
11-18-2018, 04:03 PM
I did ask them. Actually I have like 5 kits refunded because none of my results make sense. My grandparents had completely different results to my mother and uncle and I had completely different results to my mother and father. Nothing made sense at all.

Like I said they are in beta, so one has to take them with a grain of salt. You can upload to FTDNA for free, as well as Dna.Land and a few others to get a different estimation... Also, parents and offspring may differ allot, without that being an error on the part of Myheritage, my genetic signature is very different from my family members, but because there is less genetic variation in northern Europe we appear more uniform than family members further south, such as Turks and others does..

bunalim
11-18-2018, 11:55 PM

Check this crazy shit out

evon
11-19-2018, 12:02 AM

Check this crazy shit out

Not that bad, I have seen much worse. You have to realize that many of the clusters overlap and so they often swap, such as West Asian and Mizrahi and various Balkan clusters and Italian etc (same with Northern Europe)...