PDA

View Full Version : Access to Current and October 25th forums

spruithean
11-18-2018, 03:12 PM
So it seems with the recent issues there are people with access to the current forum as we see it right now with the up to date threads and everything and 15 or so online in the October 25th timeline. Interestingly I can see both of these versions, one through my phone and the other through an android tablet. Does anyone else see this? It was strange checking the forum on another device and finding so many posts missing.

I should add there are 15 or so users and 15 guests stuck in the October 25th timeline.

DMXX
11-18-2018, 03:22 PM
That is because of the DNS propagation. When DNS changes are made between a domain (anthrogenica.com) and the server, it takes up to 48 hours for those changes to be reflected across the Internet.

The "old" site was never supposed to be accessed in the first place (our previous server lease was due to expire soon anyway), but the error made on the part of our host has caused this strange "two forums" phenomenon. The "old" site is barely-functional due to the Error 500 messages we had prior to the change to begin with (this was due to a PHP code incompatibility).

Both your phone and Android tablet will show the "current" forum within the next 33 hours (I manually pointed our domain to the current server 15 hours ago).

Needless to say we're not particularly enthused by our host's move. I refer readers of this post to this thread I made several hours ago for a full briefing. (https://anthrogenica.com/showthread.php?15832-Unusual-Events-(Nov-17th-2018)-amp-Advance-Host-Migration-Notice-(Nov-18th-2018))

Erikl86
11-18-2018, 04:46 PM
So it seems with the recent issues there are people with access to the current forum as we see it right now with the up to date threads and everything and 15 or so online in the October 25th timeline. Interestingly I can see both of these versions, one through my phone and the other through an android tablet. Does anyone else see this? It was strange checking the forum on another device and finding so many posts missing.

I should add there are 15 or so users and 15 guests stuck in the October 25th timeline.

I kept altering between timelines all day - now it seems I'm finally at the present timeline. Though it was weird communicating with members stuck over there and others here. :wacko:

DMXX
11-18-2018, 04:50 PM
I kept altering between timelines all day - now it seems I'm finally at the present timeline. Though it was weird communicating with members stuck over there and others here. :wacko:

I saw the unfortunate confusion some of our members experienced yesterday evening (GMT) first-hand after fixing the problem.

Reminded me of...

https://youtu.be/nrVpYwUFewU?t=43

jdean
11-18-2018, 05:22 PM
OOI Have the two Anthrogenica worlds merged now ?

spruithean
11-18-2018, 10:07 PM
OOI Have the two Anthrogenica worlds merged now ?

I believe people are slowly being redirected to the current timeline of anthrogenica. I know a few are still stuck there if my tablet is anything to go by.

DMXX
11-18-2018, 11:23 PM
Just checked a couple DNS propagation tracking tools. The majority of name servers are now connecting to the correct IP. See for yourself. (https://dnschecker.org/#A/anthrogenica.com)

Ergo, the majority of viewers and members will be seeing the correct version of the site now, save for a few holdouts in the Oceania region.

jdean
11-19-2018, 12:10 AM
I believe people are slowly being redirected to the current timeline of anthrogenica. I know a few are still stuck there if my tablet is anything to go by.

I was actually referring to the lost posts though converging them would be a bit of trick since there are very similar ones in both worlds : )