PDA

View Full Version : DanteLabs 30x WGS(+mtDNA) -- $199/169 deal

poi
11-23-2018, 07:26 PM
They have a Black Friday/Cyber Monday sale going for just $199 for 30x WGS(+mtdna).

https://www.dantelabs.com/products/whole-genome-sequencing

I have purchased one. I will see if I can get more, at least for my wife and kids. Not too bad at all for $199.

It might take them months(or 6 months), but WGS for this price is pretty cool. And the data will be VCF downloadable, but BAM will have to be sent via a hard drive, which costs another $60 or so.

If I go ahead with the BAM hard drive, which I will have to do to get the full benefit, I can get YFull for Next Gen Sequence interpretation for $50 one time.
https://www.yfull.com/order/

poi
12-01-2018, 02:59 AM
I assume nobody else in this subsection bit the bullet on Dante Labs' $199 Whole Genome Sequencing. I have not yet received anything. I assume they would send me something any day now. And it might take another 6 months for the whole genome to be sequenced.

khanabadoshi
12-01-2018, 03:16 AM
I assume nobody else in this subsection bit the bullet on Dante Labs' $199 Whole Genome Sequencing. I have not yet received anything. I assume they would send me something any day now. And it might take another 6 months for the whole genome to be sequenced.

Damn, I should have. It was so cheap! I was busy getting a Note 9 on Black Friday. Should have got this too. I already have a BigY done. It'll be good to have more South Asians with complete Y-chr sequencing. It will help out big time with the tree.

BAM file on a Hard Drive... how baller is that. Drive G:/ LOL.

Kurd
12-01-2018, 04:06 AM

Good move. That’s super cheap (they’re losing money at this price) and a much more accurate alternative to imputation of missing genotypes. You’ll get about 4 million genotyped positions from them. This may not sound as much, but keep in mind those are positions where you vary from the human reference. If you need genotypes for more positions send me an email once you get your vcf. I’ve written a script to fill in positions where a user matches the human reference based on the 80 million SNP 1000G phase 3 genotypes which I use frequently in my work. If you need the 4 million SNPs expanded to say 10 million without imputation let me know.

At this price I couldn’t resist orderering a couple of kits. I believe you should get them by the end of next week with a possible 2-3 month turnaround. My purpose was for checking some of the imputation pipelines I use for accuracy. For example, one can take a 23andme file and impute the ~3.5 million genotypes missing in 23 but covered by Dante. Then one can write a script to check how many imputed SNPs differ from Dante’s genotypes and report accuracy for the various imputation pipelines (Beagle, Impute, etc)

poi
12-01-2018, 04:22 AM
Good move. That’s super cheap (they’re losing money at this price) and a much more accurate alternative to imputation of missing genotypes. You’ll get about 4 million genotyped positions from them. This may not sound as much, but keep in mind those are positions where you vary from the human reference. If you need genotypes for more positions send me an email once you get your vcf. I’ve written a script to fill in positions where a user matches the human reference based on the 80 million SNP 1000G phase 3 genotypes which I use frequently in my work. If you need the 4 million SNPs expanded to say 10 million without imputation let me know.

At this price I couldn’t resist orderering a couple of kits. I believe you should get them by the end of next week with a possible 2-3 month turnaround. My purpose was for checking some of the imputation pipelines I use for accuracy. For example, one can take a 23andme file and impute the ~3.5 million genotypes missing in 23 but covered by Dante. Then one can write a script to check how many imputed SNPs differ from Dante’s genotypes and report accuracy for the various imputation pipelines (Beagle, Impute, etc)

This is exciting. You just hyped me up to another level lol. Will definitely let you and this thread know when I have updates. 2-3 month turnaround would be absolutely amazing!

poi
12-14-2018, 09:30 PM
Finally, I have the shipping info for my kit. It will arrive tomorrow, so that I can send it. If everything goes well, I will regret not getting more kits for my family.