PDA

View Full Version : Cousins my heritage results?

Deftextra
11-25-2018, 12:10 PM
I am helping interpret a cousin's my Heritage results. I have a couple of dozens of matches there and although our percentages can vary allot sometimes, we always score the same populations.
Here are the results:

28.4% Somali
14.1% Ethiopian Jewish.
6.4% Kenyan
1.3% Central African.
13.7%North African.
3.8% West African

36% South Asian
11.1% West Asian.
0.9 % East Asian.

9.5% middle east

5.3% North and WestEuropean.
--------------------------
The results are not suprising from other resutlts I have seen except, the high west-Asian and North and WestEuropean, which we usually score noise levels.
Could this be noise from middle-eastern/West-asian ancesty or could there be more to this?

Vrump
11-25-2018, 07:28 PM
Go to gedmatch.

JonikW
11-25-2018, 09:53 PM
I am helping interpret a cousin's my Heritage results. I have a couple of dozens of matches there and although our percentages can vary allot sometimes, we always score the same populations.
Here are the results:

28.4% Somali
14.1% Ethiopian Jewish.
6.4% Kenyan
1.3% Central African.
13.7%North African.
3.8% West African

36% South Asian
11.1% West Asian.
0.9 % East Asian.

9.5% middle east

5.3% North and WestEuropean.
--------------------------
The results are not suprising from other resutlts I have seen except, the high west-Asian and North and WestEuropean, which we usually score noise levels.
Could this be noise from middle-eastern/West-asian ancesty or could there be more to this?

I wouldn't trust the results too much based on what I've seen of discrepancies that come up between siblings and cousins on MyHeritage. At the same time, the app is excellent, especially the triangulation tool. I don't think Gedmatch is any better though, at least for Europeans.