PDA

View Full Version : Living DNA upload

JoeyP37
11-26-2018, 04:25 PM
I uploaded my 23andMe results to Living DNA on August 6 and finally got my results back...they appear to have assigned all my non-Southern Europe DNA to Great Britain and Ireland (93.5 GB&I, 6% Southern Europe). What's most interesting is they have particular regions in England highlighted-south central England, southeast England, and the East Midlands and Yorkshire. I don't really know where in England my ancestors came from, since it was mostly in the 1600s (except my mother's family, the Whitmans, who come from the Wightmans of Burton upon Trent) but I do know general areas-my great grandfather Edgar Robinson was from Virginia and they had immigration mostly from southern and southwestern England, while Rhode Island English, like my maternal grandfather Milton Whitman, who was entirely of that descent group, mainly came from the Midlands (and named their towns after their old homes; I was born in Warwick and have lived all my life in Coventry, both in central Rhode Island). It was a little off, but most of the uploads are.

nuplix
11-26-2018, 04:25 PM
Lucky! I uploaded last year and still on them.

msmarjoribanks
11-26-2018, 06:13 PM
I didn't realized they were now accepting uploads from FTDNA, so I added mine and my parents (I wanted it for my parents, who are only on FTDNA and places I can upload FTDNA, but figured I'd do mine too).

C J Wyatt III
11-26-2018, 06:44 PM
Are people uploading Living DNA to GEDmatch Genesis? I am curious whether Living DNA's new chip with more SNPs can be uploaded to regular GM?

Jack