PDA

View Full Version : PAST neighbour joining error

Ruderico
11-28-2018, 08:46 PM
Hello everyone, I'm being constantly faced by an error when I try to make a cluster analysis using Neighbour Joining method. No matter the size of the dataset, I always get a "range check error" message. However the classic UPGMA cluster analysis works fine. Any idea what might be causing this error and how can I fix it?

Eterne
11-28-2018, 10:19 PM
What kind of dataset are you using? Is it something you can upload in a text file somewhere (pastebin or something) and see if we get the same problem?

Ruderico
11-29-2018, 12:24 AM
I'm just using the Global 25 datasets Davidski provides freely

http://eurogenes.blogspot.com/2018/02/unleash-power-global-25-test-drive.html

lukaszM
11-29-2018, 11:59 AM
I'm just using the Global 25 datasets Davidski provides freely

http://eurogenes.blogspot.com/2018/02/unleash-power-global-25-test-drive.html

Maybe first line with PC1, PC2... is in row for data, not in header?

Ruderico
11-29-2018, 12:08 PM
Maybe first line with PC1, PC2... is in row for data, not in header? Only in such case I had error when using G25 spreadsheet and want to make NJ tree.

Not so sure, if that were the case why would all other functions work?
I can live without the neighbour joining method, but it's still odd this happens

lukaszM
11-29-2018, 12:39 PM
Not so sure, if that were the case why would all other functions work?
I can live without the neighbour joining method, but it's still odd this happens

Hey I've just had error when I use full sheet with individuals. "Bitmap too big". It must be about final image of tree in my case.
But not with averages.

Ruderico
11-29-2018, 01:20 PM
Hey I've just had error when I use full sheet with individuals. "Bitmap too big". It must be about final image of tree in my case.
But not with averages.

Yes, I also get that error on any cluster analysis when the dataset has too many samples, but reducing it fixes the issue. The "range check error" however remains with neighbour joining, even with just 5 samples

Eterne
11-30-2018, 10:14 AM
Sounds like an uncommon machine specific bug. Have you tried downloading an earlier or later version of the PAST3 software to test if that has the same issue?

StillWater
06-29-2019, 02:18 PM
I have the same "range check error". Anyone know how to fix it?