PDA

View Full Version : What is your Blood Group?

Principe
12-08-2018, 05:41 PM
As simple as the title in the thread, what is your blood group?

Mine is B+

Bas
12-08-2018, 08:01 PM
Mine is O+

Ruderico
12-08-2018, 08:05 PM
A+, Missus is O-

parasar
12-08-2018, 08:06 PM
Mine is B+

JerryS.
12-08-2018, 08:25 PM
O+

JMcB
12-08-2018, 08:54 PM
Mine is O+

CamulogŤne Rix
12-08-2018, 08:57 PM
Mine is A+

John Doe
12-08-2018, 09:17 PM
Mine's O+

Agamemnon
12-08-2018, 09:30 PM
B+ here, my father is O+ and my mother is AB+.

MikeWhalen
12-08-2018, 09:37 PM
I am A+, my mom was O-, I dont know what my dad was

a small anecdote on the subject ...as I was a second son, they feared for my life when I was born and had a full transfusion waiting for me, but it turns out as there is almost 14 yrs between me and my only older sibs birth, that my moms anti bodies 'forgot' and did not see my '+" blood as an enemy invader, which is normally how it works and what they feared.

lucky me
:)

Mike

JerryS.
12-08-2018, 09:46 PM
does blood type follow regional ethnicities? how about gender patterns? for instance is type 123 more commonly found in males or females?, and is it more commonly found in region ABC or XYZ?

Principe
12-08-2018, 09:58 PM
does blood type follow regional ethnicities? how about gender patterns? for instance is type 123 more commonly found in males or females?, and is it more commonly found in region ABC or XYZ?

Well you can look at this to see a general distribution of the ABO groups throughout the globe.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blood_type_distribution_by_country

If I am not mistaken, I remember reading all Mesolithic Europeans were O- Blood Type.

Kart
12-09-2018, 01:42 AM
When I asked my doctor, he said unless I'm having surgery he's not going to check my blood type.

From promeathese:

ABO blood type
probA
rs8176719(I;I)
rs8176746(C;C)
rs8176719(I;I) indicates you are not type-O
rs8176746(C;C) and no genotype for rs8176747, reasonable to assume type-A
you were not genotyped at either rs590787 nor i4001527 so it is impossible to see your Rh blood type

My mom is AB+ and my dad is A+..so I'm most likely A+

For reference, The approximate distribution of blood types in the U.S. population is as follows:

O-positive: 38 percent
O-negative: 7 percent
A-positive: 34 percent
A-negative: 6 percent
B-positive: 9 percent
B-negative: 2 percent
AB-positive: 3 percent
AB-negative: 1 percent

jdean
12-09-2018, 01:51 AM
O+ .......

RougeS
12-09-2018, 03:36 AM
A+(AO alleles)

Lirio100
12-09-2018, 03:55 AM
My mom is O-, I'm O+. As the eldest (B) there was no problem but they had to watch the younger siblings. My daughter is A-, they had to give her RHOgam for the second child.

Wolf
12-09-2018, 04:07 AM
O negative.

Wolf
12-09-2018, 04:12 AM
Double post

rms2
12-09-2018, 04:29 AM
I'm the lone A- thus far, like my mother. My old dad was O+.

We typed our blood in high school biology. I got A- but wasn't sure I was right. Years later I donated blood to the Red Cross at St. Matthew Catholic Church and found out I was a pretty good blood typist in high school and had it right.

Dibran
12-09-2018, 06:25 AM
I guess Iím the only AB- here.

Lupriac
12-09-2018, 08:34 AM
O+ :)

Calamus
12-09-2018, 08:57 AM
Mine is AB+

Verity
12-09-2018, 03:56 PM
I am O-, my daughter is O+.

ph2ter
12-09-2018, 04:11 PM
I am B+, my father is AB+, my son is A+, my wife is A-.

vettor
12-09-2018, 04:17 PM
Mine is A+ ( this is suppose to be vegie eater, ....but I am 60-40 vegie eater )
Wife , plus all children are A-

father O-
sister O+
mother A+

grandfather ( from army records ) AB

parasar
12-09-2018, 05:11 PM
Well you can look at this to see a general distribution of the ABO groups throughout the globe.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blood_type_distribution_by_country

If I am not mistaken, I remember reading all Mesolithic Europeans were O- Blood Type.
http://mathii.github.io/2017/09/21/blood-groups-in-ancient-europe
"O allele is at high frequency in hunter-gatherers, but relatively rare on the Steppe. The B allele seems to be absent in both hunter-gatherers and early farmers, and seems to be introduced from the steppe in the Bronze Age. The Rh- allele seems to be relatively common in hunter-gatherers and, particularly, in steppe populations, and relatively rare in early farmers, partly confirming Haldane and Cavalli-Sforzaís hypotheses."

Looks like B came in later in the Bronze Age.

Lirio100
12-09-2018, 06:51 PM
"O allele is at high frequency in hunter-gatherers, but relatively rare on the Steppe. The B allele seems to be absent in both hunter-gatherers and early farmers, and seems to be introduced from the steppe in the Bronze Age. The Rh- allele seems to be relatively common in hunter-gatherers and, particularly, in steppe populations, and relatively rare in early farmers, partly confirming Haldane and Cavalli-Sforza’s hypotheses."

That's interesting. I'm a U5, and my mom is O-. I obviously got the + allele from my dad--who is an R1b.

FionnSneachta
12-10-2018, 12:51 AM
My mum and I are both O+ (47% in Ireland). I don't know what my dad is but his sister is B+ (9% in Ireland). My blood isn't officially confirmed but I typed it myself in a laboratory so it should be right and matches my mum as well as being the most common type in Ireland. I remember a fellow student tested her blood twice because it was coming up as AB- and she couldn't believe that she was part of that 1% of the population. It probably won't ever be officially typed unless I were to become pregnant at some stage. I tried to donate blood before but they wouldn't accept it because my dad's cousin had CJD which is fair. They don't want to risk infecting people and the purpose of donating blood isn't for you to feel good about yourself but to actually help someone rather than put their health at risk in the future.

Webb
12-10-2018, 02:31 AM
I guess I’m the only AB- here.

I am AB- as well. It is the rarest.

Kulin
12-10-2018, 02:34 AM
"O allele is at high frequency in hunter-gatherers, but relatively rare on the Steppe. The B allele seems to be absent in both hunter-gatherers and early farmers, and seems to be introduced from the steppe in the Bronze Age. The Rh- allele seems to be relatively common in hunter-gatherers and, particularly, in steppe populations, and relatively rare in early farmers, partly confirming Haldane and Cavalli-Sforza’s hypotheses."

B+ here like my parents and my brother.

Stephen1986
12-10-2018, 10:21 AM
I'm O+, my mum was also O+. My dad is O-.

Nas
12-10-2018, 02:14 PM
Mine is A+

msmarjoribanks
12-10-2018, 08:00 PM
Mine is B-. My mom is B+, and her mother is negative (lost her third child at birth as a result), but I don't recall if she was B. I think my dad is A+.

Dewsloth
12-10-2018, 10:53 PM
I'm the lone A- thus far, like my mother. My old dad was O+.

We typed our blood in high school biology. I got A- but wasn't sure I was right. Years later I donated blood to the Red Cross at St. Matthew Catholic Church and found out I was a pretty good blood typist in high school and had it right.

Well, now there are two of us. :biggrin1: :beerchug:

msmarjoribanks
12-11-2018, 12:55 AM
I'm still the only B-

JMcB
12-11-2018, 01:20 AM
Sorry about that, right post on the wrong thread. ;-)

kakiasumi
12-11-2018, 02:11 AM
Mine is A + and my wife is O +.

Agent_Vinod
12-11-2018, 07:25 PM
It is B+ ..

Silesian
12-11-2018, 09:47 PM

https://mathii.github.io/2017/09/21/blood-groups-in-ancient-europe

http://images.devs-on.net/Image/aKvDVh1QHSHeY30X-Region.png
Mine is Ao-
Wife oo-
junior #1 Ao-
junior#2 Ao-
junior#3 oo-

Elizabeth
12-12-2018, 03:35 AM
I am O+.

Paul333
12-12-2018, 07:43 PM
I am, A+

Elizabeth
12-12-2018, 11:48 PM
I am, A+

My mom is A+.

Kaipiro
12-13-2018, 01:18 AM
I'm O+ like my father; My mother is A+, her mother is also A+, her father O+.

Baltimore1937
12-13-2018, 01:21 AM
The army gave me A+. But my mother once told me that hers was O, although I don't recall if she said + or -. So that leaves my A+ as coming from my father, who was 3/4 Norwegian.

jesus
12-13-2018, 01:23 AM
Non reptilian O

Mykhailo
12-13-2018, 01:34 AM
..Rh-

surbakhunWeesste
12-13-2018, 01:39 AM
issa A+

Jatt1
12-13-2018, 05:44 AM
Mine is O-.

Jatt1
12-13-2018, 05:46 AM
Non reptilian O

What blood type are reptillians?

utR!
12-13-2018, 06:44 PM
I'm AB+ B)

Gray Fox
12-15-2018, 10:35 PM
B+ here, my father is O+ and my mother is AB+.

I'm B+ and my mother is AB+! My father is B+ as well.

Goodman
12-15-2018, 11:39 PM
A2 Positive (subgroup A2 is about 15% of Aís approx.)

poi
12-16-2018, 07:18 AM
I'm O+. All of my family, to my knowledge, are either B+ or O+.

CelticGerman
12-16-2018, 07:30 AM
A+ from North Germany. My paternal grandma was B- (North German ancestry, including Mecklenburg).

Feiichy
12-19-2018, 07:46 PM
A+, Croatian. My father is B+.

Kart
12-19-2018, 08:53 PM
A+ is winning :lol:

Hurricane
12-20-2018, 09:35 PM
A+

mildlycurly
12-21-2018, 12:07 PM
I'm A, not sure if + or - but I'm led to believe + with my mother being A- due to a blood incompatability issue that arose during her pregnancy with me.

Alain
12-24-2018, 01:49 PM
i have with my Dad the Group A+ and my Mum A- (very rare )

Power77
01-07-2019, 10:37 PM
AB+ here:beerchug:.

Ohio
01-08-2019, 12:22 AM
I am A+

Chad Rohlfsen
01-08-2019, 04:55 AM
AB+...

mildlycurly
01-09-2019, 09:24 AM
I'm A, not sure if + or - but I'm led to believe + with my mother being A- due to a blood incompatability issue that arose during her pregnancy with me.

Update: having checked my 23andme raw data it looks like I'm A-.

BillMC
05-06-2019, 08:45 PM
I have O-. It is supposed to be a rare group.

rms2
05-07-2019, 12:45 AM
Still only four of us A- folks.

El Andullero
05-07-2019, 02:28 AM
O+ here.

Celt_??
05-07-2019, 02:42 AM
I am O- .

Scat
05-15-2019, 09:05 PM
I am B+, my mom AB+

Dibran
05-16-2019, 12:52 AM
I am AB- as well. It is the rarest.

Where does this blood type originate? I know itís pretty rare. As a baby I had some rare blood condition and my mom was also AB- so they asked if she could give blood. I guess it was in short supply.

oz
05-16-2019, 07:25 AM
Still only four of us A- folks.

I'm A-, sister and parents too.

Armor
05-16-2019, 08:07 PM
0+ :)

geebee
05-17-2019, 11:14 AM
Where does this blood type originate? I know it’s pretty rare. As a baby I had some rare blood condition and my mom was also AB- so they asked if she could give blood. I guess it was in short supply.

A couple of things happen together to produce a blood type of AB-.

First, you inherit an A allele from one parent and a B allele from the other. An "A" allele is defined as any ABO allele that causes H antigen to be converted to A antigen; and a "B" allele is any allele that causes H antigen to be converted to B antigen. (An antigen is basically any substance that can lead to an immune system response.) An "O" allele is a "null" allele -- essentially, it doesn't do anything: H antigen remains unchanged.

Second, you inherit an RhD allele from each parent that does not result in the production of the RhD antigen. This is another "null" allele, but for the "Rh factor". It doesn't do anything, where an "Rh+" allele would result in production of Rh antigent "D".*

So it isn't just one thing that happens, but all of these things happening together. It can result anywhere that both A and B alleles can be found, as long as the Rh negative allele is also present. The you just have to have the "right" set of parents. They don't have to be Rh- themselves, but just have at least one Rh- allele (each). Obviously, if both are RH- themselves, all of their children will be.

Then at least one of them has to have an A allele and one of them has to have a B allele. Possibilities include:

(1) Both parents have the AB blood type, in which case a child of theirs could have the genotypes AA, BB, or AB
(2) One parent has AB and the other has either A or B. If the second parent has A, that parent's genotype can be either AA or AO. If AA, the possible genotypes for a child would be AA or AB. If AO, the genotypes could be AA, AB, AO, or BO.
(3) One parent has A and the other has B. The parent with type A can have either the genotype AA or the genotype AO; the parent with type B can have either the genotype BB or the genotype BO. If the parental combination is AA and BB, any child can only have the AB blood type. If one parent is AA and the other is BO, then the possibilities are AB or AO. If one parent has AO and the other BB, then the possibilities are AB and BO. In the last scenario, where one parent is AO and the other is BO, the possible genotypes are AB, AO, BO, or OO. This means that the offspring can actually have any of the four ABO blood types -- AB, A, B, or O.
(4) If one of the parents has type O blood -- meaning that both of their ABO alleles are "O" alleles, it is not normally possible for any of their children to have type AB blood. But ... we should (almost) never say never. There is a very rare group of "AB" alleles that cause the AB blood type all by themselves, without having to have a second, opposite allele. But again, these alleles are very rare. (And these "cis AB" blood types are generally weaker than the normal "trans AB" blood types.)

https://www.redcrossblood.org/donate-blood/blood-types.html
https://genetics.thetech.org/ask-a-geneticist/cis-ab

*There are more antigens in the Rh blood group system that just "D", but this is the main one that's meant when blood is identified as "Rh negative" or "Rh positive".

Dibran
05-17-2019, 03:47 PM
A couple of things happen together to produce a blood type of AB-.

First, you inherit an A allele from one parent and a B allele from the other. An "A" allele is defined as any ABO allele that causes H antigen to be converted to A antigen; and a "B" allele is any allele that causes H antigen to be converted to B antigen. (An antigen is basically any substance that can lead to an immune system response.) An "O" allele is a "null" allele -- essentially, it doesn't do anything: H antigen remains unchanged.

Second, you inherit an RhD allele from each parent that does not result in the production of the RhD antigen. This is another "null" allele, but for the "Rh factor". It doesn't do anything, where an "Rh+" allele would result in production of Rh antigent "D".*

So it isn't just one thing that happens, but all of these things happening together. It can result anywhere that both A and B alleles can be found, as long as the Rh negative allele is also present. The you just have to have the "right" set of parents. They don't have to be Rh- themselves, but just have at least one Rh- allele (each). Obviously, if both are RH- themselves, all of their children will be.

Then at least one of them has to have an A allele and one of them has to have a B allele. Possibilities include:

(1) Both parents have the AB blood type, in which case a child of theirs could have the genotypes AA, BB, or AB
(2) One parent has AB and the other has either A or B. If the second parent has A, that parent's genotype can be either AA or AO. If AA, the possible genotypes for a child would be AA or AB. If AO, the genotypes could be AA, AB, AO, or BO.
(3) One parent has A and the other has B. The parent with type A can have either the genotype AA or the genotype AO; the parent with type B can have either the genotype BB or the genotype BO. If the parental combination is AA and BB, any child can only have the AB blood type. If one parent is AA and the other is BO, then the possibilities are AB or AO. If one parent has AO and the other BB, then the possibilities are AB and BO. In the last scenario, where one parent is AO and the other is BO, the possible genotypes are AB, AO, BO, or OO. This means that the offspring can actually have any of the four ABO blood types -- AB, A, B, or O.
(4) If one of the parents has type O blood -- meaning that both of their ABO alleles are "O" alleles, it is not normally possible for any of their children to have type AB blood. But ... we should (almost) never say never. There is a very rare group of "AB" alleles that cause the AB blood type all by themselves, without having to have a second, opposite allele. But again, these alleles are very rare. (And these "cis AB" blood types are generally weaker than the normal "trans AB" blood types.)

https://www.redcrossblood.org/donate-blood/blood-types.html
https://genetics.thetech.org/ask-a-geneticist/cis-ab

*There are more antigens in the Rh blood group system that just "D", but this is the main one that's meant when blood is identified as "Rh negative" or "Rh positive".

Interesting. Thanks for the information. I also mean in geographic terms, what populations it is more prevalent in?

aafusc2988
05-17-2019, 06:38 PM
I'm B+, and so is my dad. Don't know my mom's or brother's. I have done research on this before and know that B+ is very prolific in Asia. It's interesting that a lot of the posters here that have said they are B+ so far seem to be South Asian - from India, etc. which goes in line with the Wikipedia Blood type distribution by country list. I wonder who else that has posted B+ is a non-Asian almost completely European background like myself (I say almost completely because I did get some North African & Arabian and some SSA on 23andMe - but I'm 99.3% European)? My dad is also B+.

Webb
05-17-2019, 11:56 PM
One map that I saw online shows a hot spot of B around the North Sea and another in India. Slightly less than these hotspots is Asia in general.

geebee
05-18-2019, 05:15 AM
Interesting. Thanks for the information. I also mean in geographic terms, what populations it is more prevalent in?

Here's one of a number of charts on the topic:

https://www2.palomar.edu/anthro/vary/vary_3.htm

The issue is really even more complicated than this, however, because there isn't just one allele for each blood type. In the ABO blood group system, there are several dozen different alleles. In fact, according to Wikipedia (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ABO_blood_group_system) there are about 20 different subgroups for just the A alleles alone. The two most common are A1 and A2, and it's actually possible for there to be some compatibility issues between these two types, even though both are type A. And, of course, this means that someone who has type AB can actually have either A1B or A2B -- and even some rarer variations. (The "B" part is almost all from the same allele, but there are also some rare B alleles.)

There are also a number of different O alleles. Most of them have a deletion at a specific SNP location. (The SNP is designated rs8176719 and is either G or -, or it's sometimes represented as D or I -- meaning "insertion" if the G is present, or "deletion" if it is not.)

Additionally, there are some O alleles that are called "nondeletional" because they are O alleles in spite of having G at rs8176719. Instead, most of these nondeletional O alleles have a substitution of "T" in place of "C" at rs41302905. I have one "deletional" O allele, O112; and one "non-deletional" O allele, O303. So even though I have rs8176719 (G;-) or (D;I), I definitely do have type O blood. So does my youngest sister, who has the same two ABO alleles; and my daughter, who also has the same two ABO alleles. (She, of course, inherited her O112 allele from her mother, who has O101 and O112), and not from me.

The point, though, is that instead of just asking about the origin of an A, B, or O allele, you really have to consider several variations of each allele type. There are many A alleles, many B alleles, and many O alleles, and they likely all originated at different times and places. Because the chromosome on which these alleles are found -- chromosome 9 -- is capable of recombining, the formation of new alleles doesn't just depend on mutations. Very rarely (given the size of the ABO gene), it's possible for a crossover to take place within the ABO gene. So instead of inheriting an existing ABO allele from one grandparent, a child can inherit a recombined allele that contains DNA from both grandparents. Again, this would not happen often since the odds would favor any crossover on chromosome 9 occurring either before or after the ABO gene, and not within the gene.

msmarjoribanks
05-19-2019, 07:39 PM
I'm B+, and so is my dad. Don't know my mom's or brother's. I have done research on this before and know that B+ is very prolific in Asia. It's interesting that a lot of the posters here that have said they are B+ so far seem to be South Asian - from India, etc. which goes in line with the Wikipedia Blood type distribution by country list. I wonder who else that has posted B+ is a non-Asian almost completely European background like myself (I say almost completely because I did get some North African & Arabian and some SSA on 23andMe - but I'm 99.3% European)? My dad is also B+.

I'm B-, and my mom was B+ (dad is not B ). Mom's background is entirely European, mostly NW Europe -- England, Ulster, and Sweden, and also western Germany/Switzerland.

Mike_G
05-20-2019, 03:22 AM

I'm a Euromutt B+. My Filipino wife is also B+.

jonathancoach385
08-16-2019, 04:36 PM
Mine is B+

geebee
08-17-2019, 11:37 PM

I'm O+, but both of my parents and four out of my five siblings are B+. All of them have tested at 23andMe except for my mother. In her case, I have to infer her blood type from my sibling's and my blood types. But I can do that with a high degree of specificity: since one of my brothers inherited two B alleles, our parents obviously both had at least one (both are now deceased); and since one of my sisters and I both have type B, our parents also obviously each have an O allele.

My father's ancestry was almost exclusively German and British (probably mainly Scottish and Scots-Irish). My mother's was more complicated: British, Spanish, Alsatian, French, Irish, Swiss, and Native American. I have no idea which grandparent (on either side) contributed which allele. But my parents' specific alleles were B101/O303 for my father, and B101/O112 for my mother. It's likely that all four alleles came from European sources.

While B isn't particularly common in Europe, it can't really be called rare either. For example, in Austria -- which may be where my surname originated (although in its German original, not the Americanized version I now have -- the incidence of type B is about 12%. In Germany it's 9% and in the UK it's 8%.
(source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blood_type_distribution_by_country)

So as I said, not common when compared to either A or O, but not at all rare unless you think that nearly 1 in 10 (or at least 1 in 12) is rare. My guess is that while B101 might have originated somewhere else, it's existed in Europe at current levels for at least a few centuries. One reason I say that is that to the best of my knowledge, all of my father's ancestors immigrated to the U.S. from Europe before the end of the colonial period. So whoever brought this allele over did so from Europe. And it appears in lots of other Americans with no known non-European connection, and in many Europeans whose family history in Europe seems to be quite extensive.

EDIT:

All this said, type B is much more common in parts of Asia. For example, at 34.58% type B is actually listed ahead of either type O or type A in Bangladesh. (see source above) It also seems to be the most common blood type in both India and Pakistan, but I didn't see any country on the list in which type B constitutes even 40% of the population. This is not the case for either type O or type A.

Rene Bascos Sarabia Jr.
08-18-2019, 12:28 PM
I'm B+ Agriarian and Civilized Blood Type.

Passa
08-18-2019, 01:46 PM
Me: AB+
Father: B+
Mother: A+
Sister #1: O+
Sister #2: AB+

msmarjoribanks
08-21-2019, 08:53 PM
Still the only B-

chelle
08-23-2019, 05:54 AM
O+ here

3K.
08-27-2019, 02:42 AM
Civilized Blood Type.
What did they mean by this?

Darko
08-27-2019, 08:11 PM
Mine is O+

jabdnor
08-28-2019, 01:10 AM
I am an O+.

Everyone I know is that too, oddly enough. I give out blood regularly, so I'll ask next time for some statistics

msmarjoribanks
08-28-2019, 03:02 AM
In the US the percentages are:

O-positive: 38 percent
O-negative: 7 percent
A-positive: 34 percent
A-negative: 6 percent
B-positive: 9 percent
B-negative: 2 percent
AB-positive: 3 percent
AB-negative: 1 percent

B is somewhat more common in parts of Asia and Eastern Europe: https://www2.palomar.edu/anthro/vary/vary_3.htm

Webb
08-28-2019, 02:17 PM

Park Sora
09-01-2019, 11:53 AM
Mine is A+

AlexRus
09-04-2019, 08:17 PM
.............O+

rms2
09-04-2019, 09:50 PM
Still only six of us A- folks.

spruithean
09-04-2019, 11:29 PM
Still only six of us A- folks.

There might be a seventh if I could remember my Rh factor.

Jokli
09-06-2019, 10:08 PM
0+, my sister is O- just like my father, whereas my mum is 0+ just like me.

Umiole
09-12-2019, 04:25 PM
Mine is A+

Snkves
09-12-2019, 04:50 PM
O+ here

Endovelicus
09-13-2019, 09:42 AM
Mine is A+.

ziegenfarm
09-14-2019, 06:51 AM
A neg.

rms2
09-14-2019, 01:55 PM
A neg.

Hooray!

Endovelicus
10-07-2019, 09:24 AM
Mine is A+.

Father: O+
Mother: AB-
Girlfriend: B+

LTG
10-07-2019, 11:48 AM
I'm A+.

fitbird38
10-16-2019, 07:15 AM
B+ as am always be positive:P

Milkyway
10-23-2019, 09:15 AM
A+, same as daddy (mom is O-).

Principe
10-23-2019, 05:02 PM
B+ as am always be positive:P

Haha when I found out I was B+ I said pretty much the same thing, but worded a little differently, I would say just like my blood group you gotta always B positive ;)

Solothurn
11-17-2019, 04:04 PM
B+

I used to donate blood and decided to do so again.

After filling in the questionnaire regarding medical history etc, they refused me as had cancer :behindsofa:

They said it is their policy and until it is changed I cannot donate for life.

Sorry people in need of any extra :(

The_Lyonnist
11-28-2019, 10:56 PM
O+...........................

Logistic
11-29-2019, 01:21 AM
O+...........................

This.

loxias
12-01-2019, 10:37 AM
A+
Child of an A- mother and an O+ father.
In a relationship with a lucky AB+.

Aleph
12-05-2019, 09:01 PM
Mine is O+

Sulfonico
12-10-2019, 12:21 PM
Mine is 0 (Rh -)

Helgenes50
12-10-2019, 03:26 PM
Mine is O+

bonfirepumpkins
12-10-2019, 07:17 PM
Mine is A+

Snkves
03-27-2020, 06:16 AM
Did an Eldoncard blood type test and it confirmed I'm O+ that I knew from my DNA.

https://i.imgur.com/GqqTbuR.jpg

BillMC
07-17-2020, 05:27 PM
O negative

ceribell
02-19-2021, 10:41 PM
A- and all three of my children are O+.

peloponnesian
02-19-2021, 11:07 PM
Based on 23andMe raw data I should be A+ but I'll ask them when I have my next blood test just to make sure!

maroco
02-19-2021, 11:10 PM
As simple as the title in the thread, what is your blood group?

Mine is B+

Mine is O thatís what sequencing.com gave me itís most likely O+ though

Xeon
02-19-2021, 11:21 PM
AB-, got the rarest of em all

hantrolugharsts
02-20-2021, 04:55 PM
Mine

AB +

Father

A -

Vasile
02-20-2021, 04:58 PM
Mine O- , mother same.

Phillipsj
03-09-2021, 06:18 PM
B+. In service it seemed I was the only person except a Pathan friend. Which started my genetic journey, turns out we were possibly distantly related.

Nupatsminda
03-09-2021, 10:23 PM
O+. Since my dad A is heterozygous −group A is determined either by two dominant A alleles (IAIA) or by one dominant A and one recessive allele i (IAi), my dad is the second one− and mom is homozygous −group O is determined by two alleles both recessive ii− I could have been born A cause child of an A (IAi) and an O (ii) has a 50% chance of being born of group O and a 50% chance of being born of group A. I am happy to be O Rh because O has proven to be Covid resistant; between 9% and 18% less likely to be positive than those belonging to other blood groups.

Olymp
03-10-2021, 01:13 AM
O+

My father is O- and my mother A+

Hahns
04-11-2021, 11:45 PM
All my family expect my father are A+