PDA

View Full Version : Sports icon Saina married fellow badminton player from AP Kashyap

tipirneni
12-15-2018, 05:52 AM
http://images.newindianexpress.com/uploads/user/imagelibrary/2018/12/14/w900X450/Saina_Nehwal_Instagram.jpg

Do Sports people marry to be happy professionally ?

BMG
12-15-2018, 06:10 AM
http://images.newindianexpress.com/uploads/user/imagelibrary/2018/12/14/w900X450/Saina_Nehwal_Instagram.jpg

Do Sports people marry to be happy professionally ?
They will have more interactions with fellow sportspersons in their daily lives . We will mostly get into a relationship with people whom we will be constantly meeting in our professional or social circles . So it is not a surprise that people will marry ones who is engaged in same profession .

Kart
12-15-2018, 01:38 PM
They'll make cute, athletic babies ;)

Am I the only one who's making predictions about their kids' Harappaworld admixture?

SI (47 + 30)/2 = 38.5%

Baloch (37 + 34)/2 = 35.5%

Caucasian (6 + 15) /2 = 10.5

Sigh.. I have no life. I'm sure this is not how it works.. but whatever :D

MonkeyDLuffy
12-15-2018, 01:43 PM
My boi bringing the steppe and Iran N together.

Kart
12-15-2018, 01:51 PM

I'm still not familiar with those terms. Who's who

12-15-2018, 01:57 PM

He’s Brahmin lol. Genetically, he’s as native AP as I am Tamil. You can tell by looking at him in an instant. Kashyap and vyas are common Brahmins surnames.

12-15-2018, 02:07 PM
MOD

This thread is running close to being closed due to a section 3.10 breach. The stated question (sociological) isn't being discussed and most of the later posts are largely devoid of substance. The troubling tendency to pivot towards phenotype discussions also makes an unwelcome return.

Please attempt to discuss the topic to avoid the thread being closed. Thanks for your cooperation.

12-16-2018, 02:25 AM
Moderator, as far as the "sociological" content, it is deeply intertwined wtih indian genetics and therefore caste/surname.

This is an example of a north indian and south indian getting married, who both happen to play the same sport. While there may be a few genetics jokes in here, MDL's joke did have some substance to it. He was suggesting that iran_N (which is a common indicator in this forum of IVC descendants, i.e. reddy's/kammas in AP/hyderabad) was getting married to a perceived haryana jat/haryanvi (who are very high in steppe when modeled with ancients). As such, this marriage was bringing two admixes of these components together.

I was suggesting that because he's a brahmin, an ethnic group we have literally modeled in this Hindi forum as having a genotype that strongly resembled northwest indians, the social caste/group to which Saina belongs, this isn't such a large jump as far as genetic barriers go. I was pointing that out by his surname, which is a common brahmin surname. And seeing as sociological literally means "the study of the development, structure, and functioning of human society.". Caste is/was a large part of indian society and therefore is a sociological concept.

I fail to see how mentioning he's brahmin in the context of discussing this marriage is a "phenotype discussion". I mispoke in that when I said " you can tell by looking at him in an instant", I was more referring to his surname. But my point stands.

Also, I'm curious. Does me calling him brahmin count as classification? Brahmin is a social class/caste in India which, while it varies in composition, has a general blend of components, including steppe/which is generally lacking in IVC descended people (Reddy's/kammas/patels/etc.) I'm not guessing his ethnicity. I'm also not classifying him with some vague pseudoscientific term.

prashantvaidwan
12-16-2018, 02:42 AM
Saina is from West up, not haryana. Her native village is in the proximity of Delhi. Her father settled in Hisar(Haryana) and she was brought up there.

tipirneni
12-16-2018, 02:47 AM
Moderator, as far as the "sociological" content, it is deeply intertwined wtih indian genetics and therefore caste/surname.

This is an example of a north indian and south indian getting married, who both happen to play the same sport. While there may be a few genetics jokes in here, MDL's joke did have some substance to it. He was suggesting that iran_N (which is a common indicator in this forum of IVC descendants, i.e. reddy's/kammas in AP/hyderabad) was getting married to a perceived haryana jat/haryanvi (who are very high in steppe when modeled with ancients). As such, this marriage was bringing two admixes of these components together.

I was suggesting that because he's a brahmin, an ethnic group we have literally modeled in this Hindi forum as having a genotype that strongly resembled northwest indians, the social caste/group to which Saina belongs, this isn't such a large jump as far as genetic barriers go. I was pointing that out by his surname, which is a common brahmin surname. And seeing as sociological literally means "the study of the development, structure, and functioning of human society.". Caste is/was a large part of indian society and therefore is a sociological concept.

I fail to see how mentioning he's brahmin in the context of discussing this marriage is a "phenotype discussion". I mispoke in that when I said " you can tell by looking at him in an instant", I was more referring to his surname. But my point stands.

Also, I'm curious. Does me calling him brahmin count as classification? Brahmin is a social class/caste in India which, while it varies in composition, has a general blend of components, including steppe/which is generally lacking in IVC descended people (Reddy's/kammas/patels/etc.) I'm not guessing his ethnicity. I'm also not classifying him with some vague pseudoscientific term.

I am talking about Stardom & convenience in marriages to support the stardom etc...

You are talking some Brahmin nonsense that comes from some loser midget kind.

Kulin
12-16-2018, 02:49 AM
Same reason why Sania Mirza married Shoaib Malik.

bored
12-16-2018, 03:05 AM
Proud moment for all Andhra Pradeshis and Haryanvis

tipirneni
12-16-2018, 03:14 AM
Proud moment for all Andhra Pradeshis and Haryanvis

Yes. Badminton is a major sport now in Olympics & other circuit. Not many from Delhi area. Saina is the only one.

12-16-2018, 03:14 AM
MOD

While correct, the intent of the thread and the question posed by the thread's creator do not align with the tangent you're justifying here.

The OP is asking whether marriages between sports stars are based on love, convenience, prior arrangements or any combination of. They've confirmed that in response to your message. This is (hopefully) the sort of discussion we'll see here.

Also, I'm curious. Does me calling him brahmin count as classification?

As the message you're responding to doesn't mention anything about pseudoscientific 'racial taxonomy' (classifications), the answer is self evident.

tipirneni
12-16-2018, 03:40 AM
MOD

While correct, the intent of the thread and the question posed by the thread's creator do not align with the tangent you're justifying here.

The OP is asking whether marriages between sports stars are based on love, convenience, prior arrangements or any combination of. They've confirmed that in response to your message. This is (hopefully) the sort of discussion we'll see here.

As the message you're responding to doesn't mention anything about pseudoscientific 'racial taxonomy' (classifications), the answer is self evident.

Thank you moderator. Some of these name less accounts using spiked data are creating nonsense for the community members & forum members. Creating discord & fomenting hatred in name of caste by showing false data is against laws of free speech & modern living

12-16-2018, 04:41 AM
Thank you moderator. Some of these name less accounts using spiked data are creating nonsense for the community members & forum members. Creating discord & fomenting hatred in name of caste by showing false data is against laws of free speech & modern living

What spiked data? Are you saying I've falsified all of my genetic data on this website? If that's so, I can give you my gedmatch kit number. I have nothing to hide.

I'm not creating discord or formenting any hatred.

And I'm definitely not violating free speech.

I am talking about Stardom & convenience in marriages to support the stardom etc...

You are talking some Brahmin nonsense that comes from some loser midget kind.

He is a brahmin? That's a fact. It doesn't make him better or worse than anyone else. His genetic components don't make him better or worse than anyone else. It just is who he is. Literally all I was doing was clarifying that in response to a comment another user made, rather than "IVC".

I don't understand how you jump from me commenting with respect to MDL's joke and take that as some slight against anyone else. I'm happy for these two people who got married. I don't see how you can take anything I said as caste-ist. People I've dated in my life have not belonged to my caste or ethnicity because I don't care about those things.

@Mods, now I am going on a tangent with this post, but I'm not going to be attacked by someone simply for contextualizing a prior post without responding to it. I don't endorse this strawman argument he's trying to place on me.

But regarding sports starts, it definitely transcends sociocultural borders. That's not just in india, but something you see with relationships in professional athletes worldwide.

agent_lime
12-16-2018, 06:21 AM

Please. All of us have ability to see false data. Any forum member using falsified data would have been called out long ago. There aren't "laws" of free speech and modern living. Free speech is a right given by constitutions of various countries, and there are no law of "modern living". Also he has as much right as you or I to have opinions as long as he follows the board rules. Your post reeks of calling people "Uncle Tom", no need for personal attacks even when they are implied.

khanabadoshi
12-16-2018, 07:37 AM
MODERATOR NOTICE: Tipirneni, I believe 26284729292 has clarified his intent, and there is no reason to name-call. 26284729292, I believe Tipirneni has made it clear that this thread is no one of genetic discussion, but rather of a socio-economic nature. As both of you have cleared up your points, I ask that neither belabors those points, and the thread moves on.

pegasus
12-16-2018, 10:32 AM
TP you should join TMZ