PDA

View Full Version : My (very accurate) Living DNA Rests

Ohio
12-19-2018, 02:04 PM
In early November I sent in my Living DNA kit and yesterday (12/18/18) I got my results back.

I expected them to overestimate my British DNA (according to my paper trail itís around 15-20%), and they did, but not by nearly as much as I thought.

I think they nailed the percentages a lot better than other companies have. Ancestry DNA hs me at 47% British/NW Europe (I donít like how they group the two together) and 31% Germanic. The rest way Scandinavian and Irish. My paper trail would put me at 70-75% German (mostly south and west).

I also like how Living DNA includes Y and X Chromosomal DNA. I think itís a great product thatís only improving over time. Eventually theyíll be able to break down my Germanic heritage down to specific regions like they did with my British. Iíd say Ancestry is still a better value, and the way it breaks down migrations is what puts them above the rest. But Living dna did a better job with my percentages.
Living DNAís accuracy makes me wonder if Living dna looked up what Iíve been posting on forums and looking at my family trees in order to make a more accurate prediction...

Nino90
12-19-2018, 03:02 PM
Looks really good.

I have uploaded my 23andme to Myheritage + FTDNA + Livingdna + Geneplaza + Genecove + DNA.LAND.

And Livingdna gave me the most accurate. And looking on your test and hearing your family story it looks real good.

Ohio
12-21-2018, 01:00 AM
What are the chances that Living DNA cheated and looked at my information from other tests and my family tree? They were too accurate! I am surprised they didn't give me any French or Northern Italian, or even more English.

Aiden
06-15-2021, 10:00 PM
I'm quite envious of those who's German ancestry was detected by LivingDNA, mine was completely undetected and it wasn't some minor percentage that was missed, more like 30-40% of it just completely not assigned whatsoever. It left me disappointed.

Glaucus
06-19-2021, 01:09 PM
My MyLivingDNA results
They are quite inaccurate.
My SubSaharan African is a little too high.
My European is a bit too low with the British being too low and not showing any French nor any Ashkenazi Jewish.
They gave me 3 percent Saudi Arabian.
They didn't give me any Amerindian even though I have Amerindian segments on both my maternal and paternal chromosomes.
I wouldn't recommend My Living DNA to anybody.
I think Multiracial people that are highly multiethnic like myself are too hard to analyze.

Living DNA completely missed my Ashkenazi Jewish. I am around 1/8 Ashkenazi Jewish. My maternal grandmother's mother was an Ashkenazi Jew. I get a lot of relative DNA matches on her side of the family. 23andme gives me 9.3 percent Ashkenazi Jewish, and Ancestry gives me 12 percent European Jewish. FamilyTreeDNA and MyHeritage give me no Jewish whatsoever. My Mitochondrial DNA Haplogroup is J1c14, and my matches are people with Ashkenazi Jewish ancestry. My maternal grandmother's father's ancestry was mainly English with German, Scottish, Irish, Swiss, Welsh, Dutch, and Frisian. My African American father was born and raised in New Orleans, and he had some English and French ancestry. His maternal grandmother's father was the son of European American man with an English American father and a mother that was 3/4 Acadian. The vast majority of my paternal European DNA segment matches are on the side of my 3/4 Acadian 4th Great Grandmother. They're especially matches on my European segments on paternal Chromosomes 5, 15, and 20. I have Amerindian segments on both my maternal and paternal chromosomes with largest being on paternal Chromosome 9. My maternal grandfather's maternal grandfather was Puerto Rican. The average Puerto Rican is part Taino.