PDA

View Full Version : RAW Uploads from Living DNA to MyHeritage

Sid Griffith
01-09-2019, 07:51 PM
Has anyone had any luck getting Living DNA uploads to work with MyHeritage? Apparently, they don't take a txt format even though they claim they can take uploads from Living DNA. I do receive a message about they will support these in the future. Well, then why would you say you can upload them to the site? (Rhetorical question.) Their support is completely clueless. I've spoken to two people so far and I had to explain what a txt file was to the first one.

JonikW
01-09-2019, 09:58 PM
Has anyone had any luck getting Living DNA uploads to work with MyHeritage? Apparently, they don't take a txt format even though they claim they can take uploads from Living DNA. I do receive a message about they will support these in the future. Well, then why would you say you can upload them to the site? (Rhetorical question.) Their support is completely clueless. I've spoken to two people so far and I had to explain what a txt file was to the first one.

Yes, I uploaded there with no problem in November. Don't remember encountering any difficulty. I have 4,722 matches. I then uploaded my 23andme V4 and have 6,833. My only regret is that I also uploaded my father's results while it was free but used his Living DNA file. But I can vouch for the fact that it can be done...

Sid Griffith
01-09-2019, 10:08 PM
Thanks for the reply. Do you remember if the format was a .txt file?

JonikW
01-09-2019, 10:17 PM
Thanks for the reply. Do you remember if the format was a .txt file?

I'm sorry I don't remember but I did it on my phone while walking along on a lunch break so it must have been easy. I don't recall copying and pasting the content into another file or anything complicated.
Edit: just checked and it was a txt file. When I go to MyHeritage I see my Living DNA kits have been named by them with the prefix "LD". The others start with "23".

digital_noise
01-09-2019, 11:18 PM
I had a Living DNA upload there at one time. It works, you will have to pay now though

Sid Griffith
01-09-2019, 11:54 PM
Thanks. I uploaded back in October. The support guy told me they would process it in the future once they supported that format. That just didn't make sense. I saw where others had done it with success. Weird.

JonikW
01-10-2019, 12:03 AM
Thanks. I uploaded back in October. The support guy told me they would process it in the future once they supported that format. That just didn't make sense. I saw where others had done it with success. Weird.

Open the txt file and delete everything up to this point: "# rsid ........" Then upload again. I seem to remember having to do that somewhere

JonikW
01-10-2019, 12:16 AM
Just did this screenshot. Kill everything above the line I've scrawled and upload again.

Sid Griffith
01-10-2019, 01:05 AM
I was hopeful. Same result. Thanks for your suggestions. I was able to upload my file from FTDNA back in October successfully. So, I have my data with MyHeritage. I just wanted to see if they showed the same results. Now they charge you for the ethnic estimate, not worth it. I'm good. Thanks again for your time. Maybe one day they will process the pending one I have with them.