PDA

View Full Version : Will I get an dna analysis from upload?

Sizzles
02-06-2019, 01:19 PM
ive uploaded my dna on 12/30/18. Will I get an actual ancestry dna analysis from it or only dna matches? All I see online is no dna matches caught.

FionnSneachta
02-06-2019, 03:23 PM
I don't think they're providing DNA analysis at the moment for uploads. They plan to introduce an option in the future of paying for an upgrade to get ancestry breakdown results from the upload. At the moment, it's only matching that you get for free from the upload. People only got a free ethnicity breakdown if they uploaded before October 2018.

Askye
03-07-2019, 12:34 AM
I don't think they're providing DNA analysis at the moment for uploads. They plan to introduce an option in the future of paying for an upgrade to get ancestry breakdown results from the upload. At the moment, it's only matching that you get for free from the upload. People only got a free ethnicity breakdown if they uploaded before October 2018.

I uploaded nearly a year ago. They have never updated anything.

FionnSneachta
03-07-2019, 10:50 AM

It must have just been for uploads between the time that they made the announcement of a free ancestry breakdown from uploads in July (I think) 2018 and October 2018 then.

Nqp15hhu
03-07-2019, 05:03 PM
I've just been asked to re upload. After re-uploading it said something about being part of a 'one world project' or something, with ancestry results. Will I now receive ethnicity results?

Theconqueror
03-07-2019, 05:05 PM
One of my kits was deleted and the other one still doesn't have any ancestry numbers. Not overly hopeful on this one.

FionnSneachta
03-07-2019, 05:19 PM
I've just been asked to re upload. After re-uploading it said something about being part of a 'one world project' or something, with ancestry results. Will I now receive ethnicity results?

As far as I know, they're not providing ancestry results with uploads. They were planning to introduce a system where you pay for the ancestry breakdown for the upload but I don't think that's been introduced yet.

Edit: If you first uploaded between July and October but are being asked to re-upload now, then you should get the ancestry breakdown.

artemv
03-10-2019, 08:59 PM

Same for me.

Hurricane
04-17-2019, 08:24 PM
My kits went from "DNA uploaded" to "Quality review" as of today

mildlycurly
04-17-2019, 11:24 PM

Mine's in a similar boat, although mine's apparently been in quality review since March?

Garimund
04-18-2019, 04:59 PM

I uploaded around Thanksgiving and just checked mine, its now under Quality Review as well. I'm hoping they give us something soon.

Theconqueror
04-18-2019, 07:21 PM
Mine is under quality review as well. I hope they come up with some good estimates. I will be the first to applaud.

Garimund
05-17-2019, 01:49 PM
My status is now Data Uploaded.. but now what?

FionnSneachta
05-17-2019, 02:21 PM
As I said in the second post on this thread, I still think that uploads (unless they uploaded during the FindMyPat promotional period) will only get access to family networks, not autosomal results.

What do I get if I upload?

Uploaded files will gain free access to our Family networks matching service but will not receive any autosomal, mtDNA or Y-DNA results.

If you would like the full Living DNA experience, you can purchase our 3-in-one kit from our website.

https://support.livingdna.com/hc/en-us/articles/360012509652-What-format-does-my-file-need-to-be-in-to-successfully-upload-

SecretExplorer
05-20-2019, 08:52 AM
As I said in the second post on this thread, I still think that uploads (unless they uploaded during the FindMyPat promotional period) will only get access to family networks, not autosomal results.

https://support.livingdna.com/hc/en-us/articles/360012509652-What-format-does-my-file-need-to-be-in-to-successfully-upload-

Oh, it's sad... I also waited unnecessarily. :(