PDA

View Full Version : Origins of mtdna H2a1a1 (rCRS)

palamede
12-05-2013, 05:14 PM
1) Palamede, if you are rCRS*, this demonstrates that it was born in France rather than in Great Britain (I am waiting the FSM of DeMao, one of my points of the origin of R1b1* in Italy, who has an Irish mother and is close to rCRS*).

When the origin is given by myy complete matches in FTDNA (exact rCRS like me), they are
France 3 (with me)
Norway 3 Telemark, Akerhus (near Oslo)
Sweden 2 (both in Scania)
Germany 1 Hanover
Poland 1
Ireland 2

Often, english, irish or scotish names but without provided origin, except an US state sometimes.
For GD=1 Scandinavian origin is frequent, specially Norway with the 2 districts Akerhus and Telemark again plus Oppland which is also neighbouring of Oslo Gulf like Swedish Scania (Smaland). GD=2, same thing.

This doesn't seem a pure effect of the chance .

My maternal lineage come from Norman villages along the old frontier between Normandy and Picardy. Picardy was mainly made up of ecclesiastic domains politically depending on the French King. The lineage may come from the Scandinavian wife of a Viking frontier guard.

Rathna
12-06-2013, 03:32 AM
When the origin is given by myy complete matches in FTDNA (exact rCRS like me), they are
France 3 (with me)
Norway 3 Telemark, Akerhus (near Oslo)
Sweden 2 (both in Scania)
Germany 1 Hanover
Poland 1
Ireland 2

Often, english, irish or scotish names but without provided origin, except an US state sometimes.
For GD=1 Scandinavian origin is frequent, specially Norway with the 2 districts Akerhus and Telemark again plus Oppland which is also neighbouring of Oslo Gulf like Swedish Scania (Smaland). GD=2, same thing.

This doesn't seem a pure effect of the chance .

My maternal lineage come from Norman villages along the old frontier between Normandy and Picardy. Picardy was mainly made up of ecclesiastic domains politically depending on the French King. The lineage may come from the Scandinavian wife of a Viking frontier guard.

I thank you very much for your explanation, and of course you have deepened this argument much more than me. But I'd want to do some observations:
1) You say that Scandinavians are at a GD of 1 (and this could mean thousands of years)
2) We did know that Normans descended from Viking men but French women
3) My wife (and children) are mtDNA K1c1f. She came from Sicily, and, as this haplogroup is found in Danemark (also in these last 2000 samples tested), one could think to a Norman origin. But I ask myself how many Normans were in Sicily and, coming from France, probably they were descendants of Viking men but French women.
4) I think having demonstrated in some posts of mine that my wife's haplotype is ancestral to all the K1c1f, and an origin from Italy to Central and North Europe shouldn't be excluded.
6) The same I could suppose for your mt, but of course we are waiting for deeper studies.

hypoE
01-09-2015, 08:00 PM
Along these lines of region encoding samples, what exactly interprets the difference in H2a2a1g as compared to H2a2a1b? I can find no reference of the G classification and the ftdna H and HV Haplogroup project has no other g samples than my own. Does the A, B, G simply classify us into a regional difference for H2a2a1 or are they unique subclades from each other?

idosz
08-12-2017, 07:05 AM
but as far as i know im jew from both sides and 87% ashkenazi (europe)jew .. how does it possible ?