PDA

View Full Version : Discord for anthrogenica?

Lupriac
04-05-2019, 06:54 PM
Is there one? If not, perhaps I can help with it :)

curiousII
04-05-2019, 09:10 PM
Well, I'm certainly not discord. I just found out I'm part Mohawk!

If you mean "discount" at DNA companies for being an Anthrogenica member I think that's an exceptional idea. All for it.

Natty Bumppo agrees.

firemonkey
04-05-2019, 09:19 PM
https://discordapp.com/ ??

Kulin
04-05-2019, 09:53 PM
Would be cool.

aaronbee2010
04-05-2019, 09:58 PM
As a TeamSpeak 3 veteran, this triggers me.

In all seriousness, I think it's actually a good idea :)

curiousII
04-05-2019, 10:26 PM
https://discordapp.com/ ??

I see. I like the discount idea better.

NixYO
04-05-2019, 10:47 PM
Isn't Discord run by homosexual furries? :D Jokes aside, I think that it would be a better idea if the forum administration started an IRC chat room run from Anthrogenica's own server.

aaronbee2010
04-05-2019, 11:18 PM
Isn't Discord run by homosexual furries? :D Jokes aside, I think that it would be a better idea if the forum administration started an IRC chat room run from Anthrogenica's own server.

I think you're thinking of DeviantArt :P

Censored
04-05-2019, 11:25 PM
Oh god, ive had a dream(nightmare) about this happening before.

Lupriac
04-07-2019, 06:11 PM
I can make a server and then transfer ownership if you want, I just want to contribute to this community positively.

NixYO
04-07-2019, 08:11 PM
I can make a server and then transfer ownership if you want, I just want to contribute to this community positively.
But a Discord “server” is just a fancier name for a chat room. Discord has almost a worse reputation when it comes to privacy than Facebook...

Sorry for being a naysayer!

Better inviting a moderator to see what he has to say:

[...]
Ping anglesqueville!

Administrator
04-07-2019, 08:32 PM
[ADMIN]

Dear Members,

Thank you for your suggestion regarding the creation of an official Anthrogenica live chat feature.

You've spoken, and we've heard you - The level of interest in this thread has been noted by us and the team has begun to review the available options.

As part of our review, we will have to take existing controversies surrounding some of these platforms (including privacy concerns) into account. A cursory review of Discord suggests that it is not a suitable platform for an official live chat venue, but a final judgment is dependent on a proper assessment by us.

Please note that, as a default, our administration will not endorse the creation of any member-inspired live chat venues. We cannot be held accountable for any adverse outcomes or malicious conduct that transpires outside of any official venue that's created by us. That being said, we appreciate the implied gesture through 'Moe12''s very kind offer.

We'll provide the community with a post-review update once the team has come to a consensus.

I'll be moving this thread over to 'Suggestions'.

Thank you all again for your input and we'll be in touch soon - Have yourselves a great morning/day/night. :)

bonfirepumpkins
12-10-2019, 07:34 PM
I think it's a great idea

Dieu
01-29-2021, 12:17 AM
Well, we could make an discord room about archaeogenetics, we could use vocals to speak, would be much simplier than writting at least for me. what about that ? I have many questions and I know there is a lot of knowledgable members around here.

Administrator
01-30-2021, 08:23 AM
Well, we could make an discord room about archaeogenetics, we could use vocals to speak, would be much simplier than writting at least for me. what about that ? I have many questions and I know there is a lot of knowledgable members around here.

As mentioned above, we are aware of the interest in a "chat" feature, and are working towards such a feature for the forum.