PDA

View Full Version : Living DNA Product Update April 2019

Robert1
04-26-2019, 03:49 PM
David Nicholson - April. 26, 2019

"Over the coming months, Living DNA will be rolling out significant upgrades to our ancestry platform. The purpose is to update your results as well as providing a more intuitive experience with new features.

When Hannah and I launched Living DNA, we were focused on providing one thing, an incredibly detailed ancestry breakdown starting with people who have British Isles Ancestry, while offering a competitive product for those with ancestry from the rest of the world. We are very appreciative of the support we have received while going through our fair share of growing pains as we move from a single product offering to something far more extensive...

... Since RootsTech2019, our Senior Product Manager, Katie Welka, has helped lead our teams to pull together an aggressive roadmap that helps us to migrate away from legacy systems (that were slowing us down) into a new platform experience. This will allow us to deliver a wide range of insights into your DNA and exciting new products that our current system can't deliver.

Last week we took the first major step in the migration of a core part of our system to a scalable and fast solution. This was a major success for the team of 16 involved. Over the next 4 months, we will be continuing this effort. It's no small feat with an entire rebuild of our core systems and we very much appreciate your support at this time.

What will the work we're doing now mean for you?
You will have easier access to your results with a simpler login process
New customers will be able to activate their kit or choose to upload data in less than half of the time it currently takes
We'll be able to release updates to our ancestry regions offering sub-regional views in more countries
We will be able to start to release the range of new features we have in the pipeline including completing additional steps on family matching and mobile-friendly experiences..."
https://livingdna.com/news/living-dna-april-2019-product-update?fbclid=IwAR1eo9030EBdYIIfocxELEakaZWhPH85j3 NtjABbXuefcLaSaVF4ySqc-Z0

Robert1
04-26-2019, 03:50 PM
David said, "The first new feature we'll be releasing, during the platform upgrade, is our messaging feature for family matching..."

"...Ps. We have an update on our Germanic project that we'll be sharing with you soon!"

04-26-2019, 04:31 PM
I suppose, we should applaud him for the news update, and the problems they have had, and give them some time to sort themselves out.

Mstock
04-26-2019, 07:31 PM
Can’t wait. Hopefully they can fix my family finder. I still can’t even accept the terms to see my relatives. They need to really need to fix a lot of stuff.

fostert
04-28-2019, 02:29 AM
Believe it when I see it. From their track record I can guarantee it won't be within the 4 months quoted.

Theconqueror
04-29-2019, 03:50 PM
Key here is: "over the coming months".

He essentially gave an update on the update.