PDA

View Full Version : Mobile Skin: Do You Use It?

DMXX
05-01-2019, 03:29 PM
Hello everyone,

Following the discussion started by our member Geborgenheit in Suggestions, I am wondering how many members actually use the feature when they access the site through their smartphones or tablets?

I personally always use the Full Site option whenever browsing on my phone, and the Mobile skin's interface is somewhat cumbersome to use.

Please vote, so we have a clearer idea regarding whether it's a popular feature or not.

Thanks in advance.

Geborgenheit
05-01-2019, 03:57 PM
Not anymore. :)

David Mc
05-01-2019, 04:31 PM
I typically access the site on my laptop. If I do access it on my phone, I use the "Full Site Option" as it is more familiar to me and it allows me to go straight into "new posts."

Scarlet Ibis
05-01-2019, 11:22 PM
I never have, and, in fact, it might be more of a nuisance than it's worth. Geborgenheit is not the only user who has ended up on the mobile skin involuntarily and thought we changed the layout and limited features.

JonikW
05-02-2019, 12:03 AM
I only access on my phone and always choose the full site.

DMXX
05-02-2019, 12:08 AM
Evidently, the writing's on the wall.

We've just disabled the Mobile skin from being automatically summoned by mobile browsers.

Henceforth, sessions with tablet or mobile devices will go to our desktop default (Bittenfruit).

[Edit]: For the one person who voted "Yes", you are still able to use the Mobile skin by selecting it manually in the drop-down box.