PDA

View Full Version : Living DNA Results

curiousII
05-31-2019, 06:08 AM
Got my results from Living DNA. Their test gave me y-DNA haplogroup R-L21>DF23, mtDNA H11. You'll see here in my avatar Family Tree and YSEQ gave me DF27>Z2573 and H11a. So the H11 is close, but it seems that DF23 is a bit off Family Tree's mark. Wonder why that is?

Plus 78.1% Great Britain and Ireland, 11.7% North and West Europe, and 10.2% East Europe. For contrast, a recent test I took with Ancestry says I'm 64% England, Wales, and Northwestern Europe, 16% Ireland and Scotland, 13 % Eastern Europe and Russia, 4% Norway, and 3% Baltic States. What Ancestry tosses in that I find intriguing is the New York and Northeastern States Settlers which probably ties in with my maternal grandmother's Dutch ancestry. Just like my other grandmother's Polish heritage being reflected in the Eastern Europe/Baltic States hits.

Anyway, the percentage parts of these tests are fun, autosomal will always differ from company to company. But why the different haplogroups?

sktibo
06-02-2019, 01:03 AM
Living DNA seems to be a bit prone to mistakes but eager to resolve them and improve. I'm guessing if there's a problem its on their end but they will look into it for you.

curiousII
06-04-2019, 07:10 PM
Living DNA seems to be a bit prone to mistakes but eager to resolve them and improve. I'm guessing if there's a problem its on their end but they will look into it for you.

Good advice, I don’t think I’m going to worry about it. It doesn’t seem that Living DNA does any genetic matching service, I don’t think I’ve seen any match list yet; I don’t have to worry about any unsuspecting person finding out we’re related.

Niall and his hostages remain safe.

Pylsteen
06-09-2019, 12:39 PM
If I remember well, I have seen problems occurring with DF27 before.

REWM
06-09-2019, 01:20 PM
Problems testing DF27 is understandable. All of the testing companies have trouble with DF27. But the positive results for R-L21>DF23 are not. It's obviously a mistake with Living DNA. I'm within the same haplogroup as curiousII and received P-312.

Dalluin
07-17-2019, 09:53 PM
Same case for me : I'm DF27 (still processing with YSEQ for subclades) but i've received only P312 with livingDNA