PDA

View Full Version : My Heritage results using 23andMe raw data seem completely off

aafusc2988
06-03-2019, 01:42 PM
Really wish I didn't waste $29 to unlock the ethnicity estimate.

Attached are 23andMe results, South Asian beta results, old Ancestry, current Ancestry and My Heritage. I have German in my paper trail and small Scandinavian seems to be pretty consistent between both Ancestry and 23andMe, but missing in My Heritage. East Europe randomly shows up, and I think it's just generally way too high on the Celtic.

Dimanto
06-03-2019, 02:34 PM
I never paid anything for the ethnicity estimates after uploading RAW data. What I noticed is that uploading several RAW data files, gives you a broader spectrum of matches. Standard MH RAW data produces less matches and many seem to be cut off, which in case of false positive matches could be considered a good thing. The issue is that some matches are just not showing with MH RAW data and I'm talking about relatively significant matches (some of them proven through genealogy and are matching on AncestryDNA and GEDmatch, one example being a 45+ cM match who is an half 3d cousin and 2 4th cousins of +/- 25 cM) so there's clearly an issue with their data or perhaps even chip(?). I've seen this with myself (I manage 9 kits and I have uploaded FTDNA, 23andme and AncestryDNA RAW data + tested with MH' newest chip version for myself). The ethnicity estimates don't seem to be much more accurate when testing with MH directly, though the differences can be considered significant.

msmarjoribanks
06-09-2019, 09:43 PM
Never mind, I think my question was answered by the post above.

I think MH results can be really quirky.