PDA

View Full Version : Blood pressure and the male offspring

Alessio B. Bedini
12-20-2013, 11:30 AM
In my male genetic line, from least 300 years and 8 generations, we all have very high blood pressure. Today it is easier to keep blood pressure under control but in the past many of my direct ancestors died between 50 and 60 years of heart attack.

I know that these studies are still in their infancy but I think this factor, at least in our line, is connected to the Y chromosome and the male offspring. Even my two sons have very high blood pressure while my daughter has low blood pressure.

What do you think about this?

Rathna
12-20-2013, 02:18 PM
In my male genetic line, from least 300 years and 8 generations, we all have very high blood pressure. Today it is easier to keep blood pressure under control but in the past many of my direct ancestors died between 50 and 60 years of heart attack.

I know that these studies are still in their infancy but I think this factor, at least in our line, is connected to the Y chromosome and the male offspring. Even my two sons have very high blood pressure while my daughter has low blood pressure.

What do you think about this?

High blood pressure is also in my line. I am in therapy (now Norvasc 10) from when I was 40, and being 65 now and thinking to your ancestors...
My father probably didn't follow treatment very well and had a stroke at 77,5 and died at 88,5. My mother died at 89,5 but by another disease.
There isn't a difference between man and woman, only that women are saved by their hormones but will suffer of the disease in their menopause.