PDA

View Full Version : International Area Request Thread

Administrator
06-22-2019, 09:56 PM
Dear Members,

If you have any suggestions regarding the introduction (or revival) of International Area language-specific subsections, please feel free to post them in this thread.

Please consult with this thread before doing so. (https://anthrogenica.com/showthread.php?17549-International-Area-Design-amp-Implementation-Summary)

Dorkymon
06-28-2019, 02:43 PM
Could you please specify that the Southern European section is for Romania and Moldova. All my topics that were created in the old Balkan branch are there and not in Eastern.
I also suggest renaming Southern to Southeastern, since all the other Southern countries like Portugal and Spain have got separate branches.

Ruderico
06-28-2019, 03:53 PM
Could you please specify that the Southern European section is for Romania and Moldova. All my topics that were created in the old Balkan branch are there and not in Eastern.
I also suggest renaming Southern to Southeastern, since all the other Southern countries like Portugal and Spain have got separate branches.

The Portuguese and Spanish subsections are for topics in their native languages, the South European one is for that whole part of the continent, with english as the main language. There's no Italian subsection, for example, because there aren't as many native Italian speakers on the forum yet

Dorkymon
06-28-2019, 04:36 PM
The Portuguese and Spanish subsections are for topics in their native languages, the South European one is for that whole part of the continent, with english as the main language. There's no Italian subsection, for example, because there aren't as many native Italian speakers on the forum yet

I don't mind being grouped together, but they simply renamed Balkan to Southern and left out some countries in the header. If they want to group Romania and Moldova in the Eastern European branch then they need to move my threads over.

DMXX
06-28-2019, 07:25 PM
An Italian section does exist (currently shelved due to years of inactivity), so we can revive that, if enough Italian-speaking AG'ers indicate that they're eager to make use of it.

The South European section is as Ruderico's described. The majority of the content there relates to Southeast Europe, for the time being, because there wasn't an Iberian or Italian peninsula dedicated section previously (in English at least). If the section gets enough attention, there's no reason why we can't differentiate within South Europe for English language discussions.

We'll add Romania and Moldova to the Southern European section's blurb to accommodate for that, sure. Though we won't be ingratiating every member request along these lines moving forwards (won't please everyone and contradictory recommendations will inevitably arise).