PDA

View Full Version : how close are nilotes and omotics genetically?

afbarwaaqo
06-28-2019, 02:39 AM
they seem pretty close genetically, I've also heard that they share a common ancestor 40,000 yrs ago in the omo region

NetNomad
07-25-2019, 03:24 AM
I don't think they are close.

The terms Nilotes and Omotics are already confusing since these are diverse macro-groups. However, I think you mean Dinka-like and Ari/Mota-like?

Then the answer is still not that close either. Still a few tens of thousands of years of separation between them. Looking at their mtDNA and Y alone reveals it, let alone autosomal.

afbarwaaqo
07-25-2019, 09:36 AM
I don't think they are close.

The terms Nilotes and Omotics are already confusing since these are diverse macro-groups. However, I think you mean Dinka-like and Ari/Mota-like?

Then the answer is still not that close either. Still a few tens of thousands of years of separation between them. Looking at their mtDNA and Y alone reveals it, let alone autosomal.

interesting, ive been told that dinka-like, proto niger-congo and ari/mota-like all diverged from the same ancestor from south eastern ethiopia 40-60K yrs back but proto niger congo absorbed heidelbergensis thus making niger congo more genetically distant from both dinka-like and ari/mota-like and to my knowlege both dinka like and ari/mota dont have any archaic ancestry, wouldn't this make both dinka-like and ari/mota-like closer to each other compared to other SSA's?