PDA

View Full Version : Turkey I-Z74 SPONSOR HELP

qutts33
07-03-2019, 11:14 AM
Hello to everyone. I am from turkey. Haplogroup I1-Z74.There are no results of the I-M253 group of clans from northern me another Turkey. I think my ancestors were Norman. So I think there will be someone interested. I want to upgrade to Y37 or higher, maybe future matches can come to a conclusion. I am a student and my financial situation is insufficient. That's why I'm looking for a sponsor. I'm waiting for the help of the L22 researchers.FamillyTreeDNA-Kit number IN12289

have a nıce day.

JonikW
07-03-2019, 10:21 PM
Hello to everyone. I am from turkey. Haplogroup I1-Z74.There are no results of the I-M253 group of clans from northern me another Turkey. I think my ancestors were Norman. So I think there will be someone interested. I want to upgrade to Y37 or higher, maybe future matches can come to a conclusion. I am a student and my financial situation is insufficient. That's why I'm looking for a sponsor. I'm waiting for the help of the L22 researchers.FamillyTreeDNA-Kit number IN12289

have a nıce day.

Where are you from in Turkey and where did you test to discover you are Z74? I hope the FTDNA project has some funding available. Of course there are many possibilities but I can't help thinking of the Varangian Guard. SNPs will tell you much more than STRs so Big Y would be a good choice if you can get funding.

qutts33
07-03-2019, 10:32 PM
Where are you from in Turkey and where did you test to discover you are Z74? I hope the FTDNA project has some funding available. Of course there are many possibilities but I can't help thinking of the Varangian Guard. SNPs will tell you much more than STRs so Big Y would be a good choice if you can get funding.
Turkey/Hatay-Antakya/Antioch.
Yes, I got the test from the ftdna project but I-M253 admins did not help

JonikW
07-03-2019, 10:38 PM
Turkey/Hatay-Antakya/Antioch.
Yes, I got the test from the ftdna project but I-M253 admins did not help

Thanks. So how many STRs did you test? I can't remember what the choices are now.

qutts33
07-03-2019, 10:45 PM
Thanks. So how many STRs did you test? I can't remember what the choices are now.

Y12 and I-M253 snp pack

qutts33
07-03-2019, 10:47 PM

Y12 and I-M253 snp pack

JonikW
07-03-2019, 10:54 PM
I hope that the project will see your case as interesting and help with the funding. I'm not very hopeful though. I don't know what else to advise, sadly. Our haplogroup apparently includes Warren Buffett; it would be great if someone had a little cash to spare.

qutts33
07-03-2019, 10:58 PM
I hope that the project will see your case as interesting and help with the funding. I'm not very hopeful though. I don't know what else to advise, sadly. Our haplogroup apparently includes Warren Buffett; it would be great if someone had a little cash to spare.

Thank you for your interest

JonikW
07-03-2019, 11:07 PM
Thank you for your interest

Please keep us updated here and I wish you all the best.

oz
07-04-2019, 06:58 AM
You should have or still should do a 23andme test, it's way cheaper they give you a deeper subclade as well as ancestry results.

qutts33
07-04-2019, 08:32 AM
You should have or still should do a 23andme test, it's way cheaper they give you a deeper subclade as well as ancestry results.

As far as I know 23andMe does not send kits to Turkey. I already bought the Snp pack from the FamilyTreeDNA site and found the sub-branch one level ahead (I-Z74). So I need to match Y need to upgrade.

JonikW
07-04-2019, 09:18 AM
I know this won't help but I've often wished a few incredibly rich people would get interested in their Y lines and fund some projects. It took me a very long time to get my Big Y done, and we could all do with a lot more Continental testers as potential matches.

qutts33
07-04-2019, 09:38 AM
I know this won't help but I've often wished a few incredibly rich people would get interested in their Y lines and fund some projects. It took me a very long time to get my Big Y done, and we could all do with a lot more Continental testers as potential matches.

If I were in any country in Europe, I could buy it. But the current dollar exchange rate 1 dollar is equivalent to 5.61 TL in Turkey. Now I have $ 358 donation in I1 ftdna group. I've been asking for help for 1,5 years, but they haven't returned my messages. I think it's just an ordinary thing for them...

oz
07-04-2019, 02:42 PM
I don't feel that it's worth the high price, not enough other people doing the expensive tests kinda kills the point. I'd just be throwing a good chunk of money away.

JoeyP37
07-04-2019, 02:51 PM
Antioch? That's almost in Syria. I'll bet you're the descendant of a crusader, perhaps from Normandy.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Principality_of_Antioch

qutts33
07-04-2019, 02:58 PM
Antioch? That's almost in Syria. I'll bet you're the descendant of a crusader, perhaps from Normandy.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Principality_of_Antioch

Yeah! There was the Antioch Principality. My result matches history. I think it is a useful result for the I1 project. Scandinavia and the results are always the few European countries, but none from Turkey

qutts33
07-04-2019, 03:00 PM
I don't feel that it's worth the high price, not enough other people doing the expensive tests kinda kills the point. I'd just be throwing a good chunk of money away.

I do not understand. my English is bad. I usually use google translate. :D

oz
07-04-2019, 04:49 PM
I do not understand. my English is bad. I usually use google translate. :D

Which part of what I said is confusing you? Ftdna's expensive Dna tests are not worth the money in my opinion. Pretty simple.

qutts33
07-04-2019, 05:01 PM
Which part of what I said is confusing you? Ftdna's expensive Dna tests are not worth the money in my opinion. Pretty simple.

Ftdna is getting more detailed with bigy. 23andMe did not send cargo to Turkey. So I bought it with ftdna.

oz
07-04-2019, 05:10 PM
Ftdna is getting more detailed with bigy. 23andMe did not send cargo to Turkey. So I bought it with ftdna.

Lol yes I saw your reply about that the first time. Ftdnas detailed Ydna tests are still too expensive. What do you get out of it that makes it valuable or useful enough for the high price?

oz
07-04-2019, 05:11 PM

Lol yes I saw your reply about that the first time. Ftdnas detailed Ydna tests are still too expensive. What do you get out of it that makes it valuable or useful enough for the high price?

qutts33
07-04-2019, 05:18 PM

Yes, it's expensive, I agree that this situation is pretty bad for someone who lives in Turkey. Y-37: 100dollar = 560 Turkish Lira....

oz
07-04-2019, 05:36 PM
Yes, it's expensive, I agree that this situation is pretty bad for someone who lives in Turkey. Y-37: 100dollar = 560 Turkish Lira....

Well you're still kinda missing my point, I'm not saying it's too expensive for someone in your country. I can afford to purchase their expensive test right now if I decided to. But it's a rip off I'd be throwing the money away. I hope you get what I'm saying, but it's not important.

Best of luck to you my friend. I'd donate some money to you but how, where to figure that all out I'm too lazy and then I lose the motivation.

qutts33
07-04-2019, 05:46 PM
Well you're still kinda missing my point, I'm not saying it's too expensive for someone in your country. I can afford to purchase their expensive test right now if I decided to. But it's a rip off I'd be throwing the money away. I hope you get what I'm saying, but it's not important.

Best of luck to you my friend. I'd donate some money to you but how, where to figure that all out I'm too lazy and then I lose the motivation.

thank you for your help my friend.

oz
07-05-2019, 12:40 AM
thank you for your help my friend.

No problem. Send me a PM if you want to provide a simple quick link for a donation, how much do you need and see if I can help out with it.

qutts33
07-05-2019, 08:56 AM
No problem. Send me a PM if you want to provide a simple quick link for a donation, how much do you need and see if I can help out with it.

Is there something similar to a donation site? or "donate" to any Ftdna group. My first goal was to get a Y-37. Then the Big-Y. Y37 is now $ 100. But I don't want it all from one person. I hope there are 5-6 people. So if everyone helps 20.20, we will reach our goal and not cause any difficulties.

mwauthy
07-07-2019, 02:46 AM
Is there something similar to a donation site? or "donate" to any Ftdna group. My first goal was to get a Y-37. Then the Big-Y. Y37 is now $ 100. But I don't want it all from one person. I hope there are 5-6 people. So if everyone helps 20.20, we will reach our goal and not cause any difficulties.

I-Z74 is at the beginning of the Nordic Bronze Age (3,900 ybp) so it’s way too old to tie it to any particular ethnicity or migration from 1,000 years ago such as with the Normans.

Out of 1,316 people that have tested positive for it I’m surprised to see that the highest proportion comes from Finland with 416 people.

Since you are the only person from Turkey that has tested positive for I-Z74 and since it probably entered Turkey at least 1,000 years ago I don’t think you’ll learn anything new from STR testing which is most beneficial for genealogical relevant timeframes.

However, with further SNP testing you might be able to climb down somewhat the I-Z74 tree to a more recent subclade that is 1,000-2,000 years old as opposed to 3,900 years old. I’m not sure what the most cost efficient way would be to go about this?

spruithean
07-07-2019, 03:16 AM
Qutts33, perhaps YSEQ might be a better route to determine where on the L22 tree you belong? https://www.yseq.net/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=23&products_id=43454&osCsid=13d1e7b5b52c4eb1b38ba18820600610

qutts33
07-07-2019, 07:31 AM
I-Z74 is at the beginning of the Nordic Bronze Age (3,900 ybp) so it’s way too old to tie it to any particular ethnicity or migration from 1,000 years ago such as with the Normans.

Out of 1,316 people that have tested positive for it I’m surprised to see that the highest proportion comes from Finland with 416 people.

Since you are the only person from Turkey that has tested positive for I-Z74 and since it probably entered Turkey at least 1,000 years ago I don’t think you’ll learn anything new from STR testing which is most beneficial for genealogical relevant timeframes.

However, with further SNP testing you might be able to climb down somewhat the I-Z74 tree to a more recent subclade that is 1,000-2,000 years old as opposed to 3,900 years old. I’m not sure what the most cost efficient way would be to go about this?

that makes very sense.I chose to raise "Y" just in case of a match.more useful for the project if I open a new sub-branch.31482The Ftdna site proposed "CTS6868" (I-Z74) SNP testing. $ 119. Will it help me?

qutts33
07-07-2019, 07:32 AM
Qutts33, perhaps YSEQ might be a better route to determine where on the L22 tree you belong? https://www.yseq.net/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=23&products_id=43454&osCsid=13d1e7b5b52c4eb1b38ba18820600610

I do not know this site. Did they send new kit, I have no knowledge about what they send to Turkey

JonikW
07-07-2019, 07:59 AM
I do not know this site. Did they send new kit, I have no knowledge about what they send to Turkey

I've used them twice and they're quick to respond to questions and very helpful. I bought an excellent SNP panel test for my grandfather's Y line which told me everything I hoped. The kit is just two brushes with envelopes as far as I remember, so I hope they will deliver to Turkey.

qutts33
07-07-2019, 08:51 AM
I've used them twice and they're quick to respond to questions and very helpful. I bought an excellent SNP panel test for my grandfather's Y line which told me everything I hoped. The kit is just two brushes with envelopes as far as I remember, so I hope they will deliver to Turkey.

I understand. It does not matter to me. reach the goal.clarify the target

qutts33
07-07-2019, 12:38 PM
How can we do the donation? I think the ftdna can throw a donation to the I1 group. When it's 119 dollars, I1 group will send me the CTS6868 snp package as a gift. Any other ideas? YseQ can be very confused

spruithean
07-07-2019, 12:39 PM
How can we do the donation? I think the ftdna can throw a donation to the I1 group. When it's 119 dollars, I1 group will send me the CTS6868 snp package as a gift. Any other ideas? YseQ can be very confused

Perhaps paypal or gofundme?

qutts33
07-07-2019, 12:47 PM
Perhaps paypal or gofundme?

PayPal has been banned in Turkey :((((( And maybe they can't trust me. It would be better if they put it on a direct project. I can't use Gofundme. I don't have much English.

oz
07-07-2019, 01:38 PM
What about Yfull do they also require sending a saliva sample?

spruithean
07-07-2019, 02:42 PM

YFull interprets your results, I don't recall that they do any testing.

qutts33
07-07-2019, 02:45 PM

they don't want a new one unless their saliva is breakdown.

mwauthy
07-07-2019, 03:29 PM
that makes very sense.I chose to raise "Y" just in case of a match.more useful for the project if I open a new sub-branch.31482The Ftdna site proposed "CTS6868" (I-Z74) SNP testing. $ 119. Will it help me?

Yes, since cost is the primary issue if I were you I would purchase the CTS6868 SNP Pack at Ftdna. The I1 Project has $358 in their General Fund and the L22/S142 Project has $100 in their General Fund. You can email the project managers of both to see if theyd be willing to help. Good luck!

If cost were not an issue Id recommend Big Y-700 since this test will give you the most information regarding your patrilineal line. It will tell you exactly where you fit on the current Haplotree, it includes Y-111 plus around 600+ other STRs, and it stores all of your Unnamed (Private) Variants (SNPs) in their database awaiting future testers to match.

qutts33
07-07-2019, 04:01 PM
Yes, since cost is the primary issue if I were you I would purchase the CTS6868 SNP Pack at Ftdna. The I1 Project has $358 in their General Fund and the L22/S142 Project has $100 in their General Fund. You can email the project managers of both to see if they’d be willing to help. Good luck!

If cost were not an issue I’d recommend Big Y-700 since this test will give you the most information regarding your patrilineal line. It will tell you exactly where you fit on the current Haplotree, it includes Y-111 plus around 600+ other STRs, and it stores all of your Unnamed (Private) Variants (SNPs) in their database awaiting future testers to match.

I sent messages to both groups repeatedly. they said why don't you buy it yourself: D I bought a snp package in Germany, a Turkish and "viking-invader" group had helped.So I came here to see if I could be interested in the project.

qutts33
07-08-2019, 06:19 PM
I guess there won't be any results. If you're interested in the future ...

GMAİL: [email protected]

FB: https://www.facebook.com/legend.darius33

Iceni
07-08-2019, 09:25 PM
I thought donations made to Projects could be designated by the donor for specific purposes, if deemed worthy enough? Surely if the admins back it, then anyone in the project could donate on that basis, and probably so could others those not in the project?

qutts33
07-09-2019, 08:56 AM
I thought donations made to Projects could be designated by the donor for specific purposes, if deemed worthy enough? Surely if the admins back it, then anyone in the project could donate on that basis, and probably so could others those not in the project?

I sent a message to the managers a lot of times did not get a return. What are they waiting for? I1 from China? I do not understand.It sees 1% in Turkey II-M253. I-Z74 doesn't exist. However, they do not help.

spruithean
07-09-2019, 01:47 PM
I sent a message to the managers a lot of times did not get a return. What are they waiting for? I1 from China? I do not understand.It sees 1% in Turkey II-M253. I-Z74 doesn't exist. However, they do not help.

I would imagine that the 1% of I1-M253 in Turkey contains some I1-Z74. I don't think they are waiting for I1 from China.

qutts33
07-09-2019, 02:09 PM
:) I-m253 There is no I-z74 in the FTDNA project. (From Turkey)

qutts33
07-09-2019, 02:11 PM
Maybe they're expecting from Africa :D

spruithean
07-10-2019, 02:16 AM
:) I-m253 There is no I-z74 in the FTDNA project. (From Turkey)

Have you joined the I-M253 project at FTDNA?

qutts33
07-10-2019, 10:14 AM
Have you joined the I-M253 project at FTDNA?

Yes,,

qutts33
07-21-2019, 05:27 PM
Actual

qutts33
08-13-2019, 03:56 PM
https://anthrogenica.com/member.php?66-lgmayka upup

lgmayka
08-13-2019, 11:11 PM
Once, for strong reasons, I paid for the Yseq test of a Ukrainian. PayPal refused to participate in any purchase going to Ukraine, so--after consultation with a Yseq manager--I temporarily set the shipping address to myself, paid for the test, then asked the manager to change the address to that of the Ukrainian man.

In short: With some effort, one person can pay for someone else's Yseq test, even if the shipment is to a country where PayPal refuses to operate.

Of course, I am not making a personal offer. ;) I have no personal interest in Turkish I1. (Sorry.)

MacUalraig
10-08-2019, 06:33 PM
Once, for strong reasons, I paid for the Yseq test of a Ukrainian. PayPal refused to participate in any purchase going to Ukraine, so--after consultation with a Yseq manager--I temporarily set the shipping address to myself, paid for the test, then asked the manager to change the address to that of the Ukrainian man.

In short: With some effort, one person can pay for someone else's Yseq test, even if the shipment is to a country where PayPal refuses to operate.

Of course, I am not making a personal offer. ;) I have no personal interest in Turkish I1. (Sorry.)

I pay YSEQ by direct bank transfer as PayPal are a pile of ****. Just set up a new account either yourself or get the punter to do it and pass you the account number (if he wants to avoid sharing his address). Stick the account number as a payment reference with supporting email.

qutts33
10-13-2019, 11:36 AM
I pay YSEQ by direct bank transfer as PayPal are a pile of ****. Just set up a new account either yourself or get the punter to do it and pass you the account number (if he wants to avoid sharing his address). Stick the account number as a payment reference with supporting email.

i dont understand

Ruderico
12-09-2019, 05:59 PM
qutts33 you have to stop doing that, bumping threads is poor forum etiquette and is forbidden by the Terms of Service, which you agreed upon registration.

3.11 Certain standards of quality control will be enforced to ensure a productive forum atmosphere. Invectives and posts devoid of substance (e.g. threads or replies consisting solely of inflammatory content or triviality) will be considered junk postings and deleted. Breaches in basic forum etiquette include (and are not limited to) cross-posting different threads, consecutive posting in existing threads and reviving old threads whose course of discussion has long since expired ("necro-bumping").