PDA

View Full Version : Problems with kit delivery?

parastais
07-13-2019, 08:24 AM
I had ordered their kit in the mid June.. (5-7 working days delivery)
Nothing happened
On 2nd July I called them, explained the situation and they sent out “another” kit (even though on their website, status of kit was still just “ordered” or similar, not “sent” or similar).. 5-7 working days..
Still nothing happening

I wonder if they are simply unable to send such stuff to Latvia for whatever reasons (us being part of EU should not be a problem but who knows) and if I just better ask for refund.

I am seriously disappointed about this kind of (un)service.

Is there any other company where I could purchase my own kit (in whatever shop in Riga) and just send to them or another company for analysis? I am losing my patience with this “service” or post office or both.

lgmayka
07-13-2019, 10:42 PM
I have successfully ordered kits sent to Lithuania. Postal shipping is slow but gets there (and back).

When I was an administrator, I sometimes ordered with deferred payment. But FTDNA eventually told me that I must pay at least the shipping/handling charge in advance, otherwise the kit will never get sent.

Before sending to Lithuania, I always check the address on Google Maps to ensure that the full address (including postal code) is correct. Did you ask FTDNA to check the tracking status of the first kit?

I am no longer an administrator, so I cannot help you further.

You could order through iGenea (https://www.igenea.com/en/home), a European reseller of FTDNA's kits and service. But their prices are significantly higher.

Rwaka
07-24-2019, 03:53 PM
Hello.
How long does it take to receive the Myheritage kit you ordered? I live in Canada

Thanks
Rwaka

Geborgenheit
07-28-2019, 06:56 PM
It really took just a couple of days to get a kit from the United States to Latvia 2 years ago.