PDA

View Full Version : When is Build 16 of the mtDNA tree happening?

seferhabahir
12-30-2013, 05:55 AM
Does anyone know when the next build of the mtDNA tree is coming out. There is the following statement at http://www.phylotree.org/ that I think has been up for a while, except I remember the last time I looked a couple months ago, I thought it was earlier.

"The next update (Build 16) is scheduled for release in Dec 2013."

GTC
12-30-2013, 06:27 AM
Good question. Suggest shooting an email to Mannis Van Oven whose address is on that page. I've found him a personable guy and I expect that you'll receive a reply.

vettor
01-11-2014, 08:03 AM
Good question. Suggest shooting an email to Mannis Van Oven whose address is on that page. I've found him a personable guy and I expect that you'll receive a reply.

Mannis email is a fail, ...........he must have changed it

GTC
01-11-2014, 02:12 PM

That's odd.

He is still listed as a PhD student at Erasmus MC, but that page may be out of date:

http://www.erasmusmc.nl/fmb/staff/?lang=en

Perhaps a query to the FMB department could confirm that.

Meanwhile I'll try his given address and see if it bounces for me, too.

zaender
01-12-2014, 10:22 AM

surely not - I recently exchanged mails with him. Last year there had been a lot of new publications, what means tons of complete sequences, which have to be evaluated and classified.
please be patient and don't bother him with requests, he will not be quicker with them.

GTC
01-12-2014, 10:47 AM
When Vettor said "email is a fail", I took that to mean that it was no longer valid - that is, that he got an email failure message.

If it's just that he didn't respond it could be for numerous reasons, including perhaps that he's on leave/holiday.

vettor
01-12-2014, 04:50 PM
When Vettor said "email is a fail", I took that to mean that it was no longer valid - that is, that he got an email failure message.

If it's just that he didn't respond it could be for numerous reasons, including perhaps that he's on leave/holiday.

I meant it bounced inside 10 seconds. Email message returned as Mannis was not found.
And I used 3 different site

I'm sorry to have to inform you that your message could not
be delivered to one or more recipients. It's attached below.

For further assistance, please send mail to postmaster.

If you do so, please include this problem report. You can
delete your own text from the attached returned message.

The mail system

<""@erasmusmc.nl> (expanded from <""@ erasmusmc.nl>): host
rbox5.erasmusmc.nl[156.83.10.15] said: 550 5.1.1 <@erasmusmc.nl>: Recipient
address rejected: User unknown (in reply to RCPT TO command)

zaender
01-12-2014, 05:17 PM
<""@erasmusmc.nl> (expanded from <""@ erasmusmc.nl>): host

thanks for posting this! For me it looks, as though the mail adress without the name in front cannot work. I had a look and indeed I used another private adress, which is not public.
But as stated before, I think there is nothing to worry about. Just patience!

GTC
01-13-2014, 06:08 AM
thanks for posting this! For me it looks, as though the mail adress without the name in front cannot work.

Yes, you need to include his initial the dot and his surname in front of the @.

I had a look and indeed I used another private adress, which is not public.

In 2010 he corresponded with me via a private address, although I contacted him originally via his as-published address.

But as stated before, I think there is nothing to worry about. Just patience!

I agree.

Ann Turner
01-15-2014, 02:31 PM
Personally, I wouldn't trouble Mannis van Oven about this -- it won't hasten the update :)

This reminds me of a sign that was posted in the university data processing center back in the olden days, when we handed in punch cards for our computer programming assignments. It read "The computer will be down until it is up."

vettor
02-03-2014, 05:51 AM
Is this December 2013 paper a way forward in changing mtdna results

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3819997/

zaender
02-20-2014, 08:26 AM
finally it is out:

http://www.phylotree.org/tree/main.htm

evon
02-20-2014, 10:56 AM
Now i am just waiting for James Lick to update his page:

http://dna.jameslick.com/mthap/

ilmari
02-21-2014, 12:08 AM
finally it is out:

http://www.phylotree.org/tree/main.htm

I see that my GenBank ID is still defining U5b2a1a1b.

Baltimore1937
02-21-2014, 05:04 AM
Great! Superficially, nothing looks new with U5b2b2. But I'll visit PhyloTree again later.

vettor
02-21-2014, 05:13 AM

Genbank will not update your marker for you unless you tell them what to update. then you need to wait for about 4 days for them to do it.

go search the tree for your markers or check if J.Lick program is running it

GTC
02-21-2014, 07:35 AM

I think that will be a permanent thing, if yours is one of the two results used to define the subclade.

Humanist
02-21-2014, 07:03 PM

Same goes for my HV4a2a.

ilmari
02-23-2014, 11:57 PM
I think that will be a permanent thing, if yours is one of the two results used to define the subclade.

He told me it could well change in the future when any structure to the tree changes, finding nodes in between the lines.

GTC
02-24-2014, 12:39 AM
He told me it could well change in the future when any structure to the tree changes, finding nodes in between the lines.

I expect that new "in between" nodes will appear in future, but I would have thought that each established node would retain its references nonetheless.

ilmari
02-24-2014, 04:52 AM
I expect that new "in between" nodes will appear in future, but I would have thought that each established node would retain its references nonetheless.
While that makes sense, it has not been that way in the past.

My kit has been re-named twice already.

GTC
02-24-2014, 07:49 AM
My kit has been re-named twice already.

I would expect your GenBank kit number to remain constant, so not sure that I understand your point.

AJL
02-26-2014, 01:54 AM
I would expect your GenBank kit number to remain constant, so not sure that I understand your point.

His subclade has been renamed twice.

GTC
02-26-2014, 06:55 AM
His subclade has been renamed twice.

Thanks. Got it.

zaender
11-06-2015, 10:28 AM
as it seems, Mannis van Oven offers a new Build 17 in scientific papers in a payable version.

Huntergatherer1066
11-06-2015, 05:54 PM
I found what appears to be the full article on ScienceDirect, I wonder when it will be implemented onto phylotree.org It sounds like a pretty extensive expansion thanks to all the of the new mitochondrial full genomes accumulated since build 16.

zaender
11-08-2015, 12:46 PM
it seems, that most changes will happen in asian haplogroups, but I still hope to find new subclasses for my two outstanding private mutations.

AJL
11-13-2015, 02:23 AM
it seems, that most changes will happen in asian haplogroups, but I still hope to find new subclasses for my two outstanding private mutations.

On behalf of we H11a's, maybe some change to your wife's tree, too! :)

Saetro
11-15-2015, 01:18 AM
as it seems, Mannis van Oven offers a new Build 17 in scientific papers in a payable version.

http://www.fsigeneticssup.com/article/S1875-1768(15)30243-2/abstract will get you to the page.

Biloo
02-20-2016, 04:11 AM
mtDNA tree build 17 ! finally ! :) http://www.phylotree.org/tree/index.htm

razyn
02-22-2017, 12:07 AM
In the vicinity of T1a10, all of the defining mutations in Builds 16 and 17 are different from, and unlisted in, Builds 15 and previous. I don't understand what's going on. FTDNA, at least, did not change the calls of my wife's sample. (She used to be in that group, per GenBank, though never yet called as such by FTDNA.) Is it a matter of renumbering all of the mtDNA positions?