PDA

View Full Version : .txt file format to .fasta

08-08-2019, 09:24 PM
Anybody got any experience in converting .txt file format to .fasta file format?
Any recommendations?
I was thinking about trying to convert my autosomal .txt file to .fasta for upload to Yfull, no idea if itís possible or not, anybody tried?

Kale
08-09-2019, 03:51 AM
Can you give a small example of each file type? Maybe I can work out a macro in npp?

deadly77
08-09-2019, 09:25 PM
None of the primarily autosomal DNA chip tests cover more than 5000 mtDNA SNPs, which is less than 30% of the mitochondrial genome. YFull have been quite clear that they're only taking full mitochondrial sequences for their MTree - similar how they only take NGS data for their YTree. They've told several people on their Facebook page that mtDNA data from 23andme, LivingDNA, Nat Geo etc. aren't suitable for submission to their mtDNA analysis. Pretty sure any mocked up FASTA with gaps would be rejected. Perhaps could fill in the gaps, but in that case, at least 70% of the mtDNA submitted would be fabricated. Not sure that a YFull analysis on data that's more than 70% made up would be that wothwhile.